[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Gave this another spin and I really wish I could enjoy this more but the production gets dull and the hooks get corny sometimes

He needs to either get more outside production or diversify his own sound

Forbidden Fruit is my joint though . . . flipped that beat crazy
B****!

I can't be what you want from me, but alright.

pimp.gif
when the beat switches at the end...
pimp.gif

I'm only off one listen but i thoroughly enjoyed this other than two tracks... Lyrically he has heat and the production is real consistent.... great album

I don't think the album is weak at all. I like pretty much all of it, even the ones with R&B collabs. I don't wanna say it's an instant classic though I need to figure out which songs will eventually become skippable.

Gave this another spin and I really wish I could enjoy this more but the production gets dull and the hooks get corny sometimes​

He needs to either get more outside production or diversify his own sound​

Forbidden Fruit is my joint though . . . flipped that beat crazy​

B****!
Man Forbidden Fruit is that joint
Even my girl nods her head to that
I really love this album, never skip a track,
If k.dot and cole still drop a record together, it's going to be mean

The hook on she knows is catchy :lol:

that sample might be my favorite on the whole album. Very very catchy. The beat is mean.

mo money >>>>>>>>>>

that was a ode to Nas and Jay-z right there.

he should have had a second verse though on their with the same theme. It kinda reminds me of 22 twos off Reasonable Doubt. Jake One gave him a heater with that beat. I appreciate Cole for putting that one on the album. Very dope.

Just listened to Truly Yours pt 3 and yup if you combined all 3 Truly yours its a 4.5/5. Def wouldve have been a classic mixtape. That NY track should have made the album..

So great to see those numbers projected for Cole :nthat: :nthat: This really is a great cd and deserves to be heard....that Kendrick & Cole collab album might do like 500k first week with the momentum and fanbases those dudes have....I NEED that before the end of 2013....even though we won't get it by then :lol:

Finally made it through the entire album :smokin. Haven't got to truly yours 3 yet but I'm loving the album so far. Rich N's and Trouble are my two favorites at the moment. I think Trouble will be a banger and have everyone singing with it when it comes on in the club. Feel like he could have done without the first skit, but I didn't mind the others. Only song that I may find myself skipping is maybe Chaining Day. Idk, Chaining Day just didnt do much for me. The lyrics are good but the song itself didnt do a ton for me. Maybe just because I liked it in spoken word form better. Other than that, I'm happy with the album. Very good album. Love the Mike Epps skit at the beginning of Runaway too. Wish it had one more song that is similar to a Nobody's Perfect or Lights Please. Album gets a solid 8.5/10 from me.

listened to the whole album 3 times at work today. joint is straight fire. She Knows, Runaway, Rich N***** and Forbidden Fruit are my favorites. Cole and Kendrick need to hurry up and unleash that collab.

great improvement production wise, but I get the feeling that he's stuck on the same mode when programming those drums. Some of the themes where a bit redundant...possibly could have used more features to mix things up a little. 

But overall, a great album definitely>>>>than yeezus.

(trouble, land of the snakes, power trip, let nas down...standout tracks)

J. Cole Performs at Irving Plaza // Dollar And A Dream Tour NYC

The 2nd of J Cole's two Dollar and a Dream shows in NYC where he performed a plethora of classic mixtape and album tracks including Too Deep For The Intro, You Got It, Premeditated Murder, Enchanted, Lights Please, Sideline Story and more.

J.Cole & Drake Perform at Irving Plaza // Dollar And A Dream NYC

The 2nd of J. Cole's two Dollar and a Dream shows in NYC where he performed a plethora of classic mix tape and album tracks before bringing out special guest Drake. Jay-z and Travie McCoy watched on from VIP, as J Cole and Drake performed In The Morning before Drake went off into Say Whats Real, an a capella verse from No New Friends and then Started From The Bottom. video born sinner cole world footage $1

This album is probably better than "Sideline Story." It's a debatable classic to me. Half the albums is 90's sounding hip-hop production and the other half is fresh new wave hip-hop beats. Man, this is a great piece of work
Every NT'er should purchase. Best song on the album is probably "Chaining Day" or "Crooked Smile". J. Cole has solidified himself as one of the faces of Hip-Hop.

Back
Top Bottom