ITT: You tell me one problem you're currently facing and I try and help you solve it Vol 4

Well, I had a girl things were rocky. She loves me and I love her. Were not stable, she's trying to get
back in school, and she's in the verge of getting kicked out her crib again. I'm done school graduating
next week and just working on my portfolio so that I start job hunting when I'm back from vacay in September
Planning on saving to move out when i'm ready, and looking for a steady job. Currently Unemployed, but I'm staying positive
Recently she caught me talking to a next shorty, and the way she perceived it , is like I cheated. She said
that we need to take a break. And I'm cool with it. I don't want to get my hopes up and say she'll be back
But I miss her alot, and I don't know what I should do. Should I let her go, should I wait, or should I move on.

OP, how can you look up spelling in the dictionary? I mean you gotta know the spelling in order to look it up rite?

OP, how can you look up spelling in the dictionary? I mean you gotta know the spelling in order to look it up rite?

I'm in love with two NTers...neither one of them love me back.
How do I tell my self esteem that I have no shot?

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

tips on how to save money?

Deposit it in a bank right away. That's what I do and since I don't usually order anything online and mostly waste small money on food, I save a lot cause I'm too lazy to withdraw the cash.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Deposit it in a bank right away. That's what I do and since I don't usually order anything online and mostly waste small money on food, I save a lot cause I'm too lazy to withdraw the cash.

all the girls i want have boyfriends. all the girls that are left are 
sick.gif
in every aspect.
what should i do?

I'm in love with two NTers...neither one of them love me back.
How do I tell my self esteem that I have no shot?

sick.gif
in every aspect.
what should i do?

So i been going to the shop on tuesdays because that's when my old barber is off. Went to get a cut today and duke was there. Needless to say, the cut came out awful. Should i find a new barber or straight up tell him i want this other dude to cut my hair? I don't want to disrespect homie so i come to you for advice.

So i been going to the shop on tuesdays because that's when my old barber is off. Went to get a cut today and duke was there. Needless to say, the cut came out awful. Should i find a new barber or straight up tell him i want this other dude to cut my hair? I don't want to disrespect homie so i come to you for advice.

I need motivation to get up off my lazy butt and finally go sign up at a BJJ gym.

1. The nearest gym to my house is Werdum Combat, but I have to imagine it is extermely expensive since Werdum himself teaches at the gym (I havent been able to get anyone on the phone to ask). There is another gym called RobotBJJ that appears to be much cheaper ($200/mo) but its a good 15-20 min away from my house. I have enough trouble motivating myself to get started, once I sign up I am afraid that I will be less motivated to attend on a regular basis if its further away from my house. Do I suck it up and pay the higher gym dues for the closer gym, or just hope that I will enjoy it enough where the 15-20 min drive won't dissuade me from going?

2. Another deterrent to me going (in addition to sheer laziness) is my nervousness about being the uneducated new fat kid. I know that everyone has to start somewhere, but how do I get mentally prepared to overcome my anxiety about being the low man on the totem pole who will get tapped every 5 seconds by a 115lb blue belt?

I need motivation to get up off my lazy butt and finally go sign up at a BJJ gym.

1. The nearest gym to my house is Werdum Combat, but I have to imagine it is extermely expensive since Werdum himself teaches at the gym (I havent been able to get anyone on the phone to ask). There is another gym called RobotBJJ that appears to be much cheaper ($200/mo) but its a good 15-20 min away from my house. I have enough trouble motivating myself to get started, once I sign up I am afraid that I will be less motivated to attend on a regular basis if its further away from my house. Do I suck it up and pay the higher gym dues for the closer gym, or just hope that I will enjoy it enough where the 15-20 min drive won't dissuade me from going?

2. Another deterrent to me going (in addition to sheer laziness) is my nervousness about being the uneducated new fat kid. I know that everyone has to start somewhere, but how do I get mentally prepared to overcome my anxiety about being the low man on the totem pole who will get tapped every 5 seconds by a 115lb blue belt?

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by Club 27

Dont be afraid to stare down the barrel of a gun, laugh at the Grim Reaper, and pee into the wind.

Consequences are temporary, but the satisfaction of experience and triumph lasts a lifetime
This may have been the realest thing to ever be typed up and posted by you on NT.

Club is on point today
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Im sorry but that just might be the greatest quote OF ALL TIME
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by Club 27

Dont be afraid to stare down the barrel of a gun, laugh at the Grim Reaper, and pee into the wind.

Consequences are temporary, but the satisfaction of experience and triumph lasts a lifetime
This may have been the realest thing to ever be typed up and posted by you on NT.

Club is on point today
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Im sorry but that just might be the greatest quote OF ALL TIME
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I am going to my beach house tomorrow by myself to do some repair work, will be there 5 days, what should I do once I am done with said work? OBX fyi

I am going to my beach house tomorrow by myself to do some repair work, will be there 5 days, what should I do once I am done with said work? OBX fyi

this is a bit vague because we dont know your situation right now

make a list of your monthly expenses. look your list over a few times and see what you can cut out (atleast for a while)

also, coupon clipping! Dont let your pride get in the way, many people are struggling financially and every little bit helps. (plus, those extreme coupon people are nutso
laugh.gif
)

dont be afraid to cook up some things for a few days in advance. Most mondays I like to make a bunch of chicken, steak, brown pasta, rice, and things of that nature and keep them in tupperware and eat them when I need to. Great money/time saver. plus, i feel every man should know how to cook (especially in this day and age where women are less and less likely to pick up any sort of culinary skill whatsoever

ive been cooking for myself since I was 15, im 23 now. Its a skill you'll learn to love

Well, I had a girl things were rocky. She loves me and I love her. Were not stable, she's trying to get
back in school, and she's in the verge of getting kicked out her crib again. I'm done school graduating
next week and just working on my portfolio so that I start job hunting when I'm back from vacay in September
Planning on saving to move out when i'm ready, and looking for a steady job. Currently Unemployed, but I'm staying positive
Recently she caught me talking to a next shorty, and the way she perceived it , is like I cheated. She said
that we need to take a break. And I'm cool with it. I don't want to get my hopes up and say she'll be back
But I miss her alot, and I don't know what I should do. Should I let her go, should I wait, or should I move on.

tell her what you told us. If she's a big part of your life, and you really wanna stay with her, you'll find a way to make it through.

If she feels that a break is important right now, well....you're gonna have to give her some space.

but like the old saying goes: Love Conquers All. I suggest you two take some time and really talk about where things are headed and see what comes up.

its better to take the situation head-on than avoid it and have to deal with more problems later

DCAllAmerican > Its a DC Thing

sick.gif
in every aspect.
what should i do?

Been there. But some of the best people I've ever met just happened to be by chance. If you see a cute girl at your local supermarket or something, dont be afraid to say hi! Make a comment about a product in the aisle you're in. be funny and charming, but you dont have to overdo it like the movies would have you think.

Life isnt a big-budget romantic comedy. Not all of us are gonna say witty and clever things and sweep women off their feet every single time. Sometimes, a little friendly genuine conversation is all it takes.

Broke and unemployed
Hate myself
I need new clothes

Are you open to work just about anywhere? Once you're back on the work grind, you'll feel better about yourself. Every man needs to have a sense of purpose in society.

Perhaps that is what you're lacking: a sense of purpose.

you're a young twenty-something like many of us arent you? This is always a tricky time in our lives

We try our best to find ourselves, but many times end up being more lost than ever.

1. hey man, I used to drive 35 minutes to nearest ATT gym
laugh.gif

RobotBJJ charging $200 for training? I consider myself pretty MMA savvy but have never heard of this camp

if there are no 'name' fighters teaching there, there is no way i would drop that kind of money for training.

get a price check on the Werdum gym. Go inside and take a look around. Some people get inspired just meeting a Pro Fighter thats been on PPV and such and want to train right away!

2. Know. Dont fear, KNOW that you're gonna get tapped. alot.

but who cares? Everyone gets tapped at some point

the fact that you're in there trying to learn the game will get you respect from EVERYONE there.

its not an easy sport whatsoever. It can be a very intimidating atmosphere but once you start learning some moves and are able to apply them to your sparring sessions, your interest will become an obsession (atleast thats what happened for me)

I've traveled to many gyms across Florida in my 4 years of competing in the sport and almost everywhere i go, im impressed with the gym's Family-like atmosphere

sure there a few knuckleheads here and there, but many are there because they genuinely love it and would be more than happy to help you out with some techniques after classes and whatnot.

Bottom line is: you're never gonna say "I wish i HADNT tried it out"

many gyms offer a free one-week trial. GI BJJ is a little more light on the cardio and more technique oriented but still rough

MMA sessions are where it gets to be a bit much. the conditioning can be especially brutal

this is a bit vague because we dont know your situation right now

make a list of your monthly expenses. look your list over a few times and see what you can cut out (atleast for a while)

also, coupon clipping! Dont let your pride get in the way, many people are struggling financially and every little bit helps. (plus, those extreme coupon people are nutso
laugh.gif
)

dont be afraid to cook up some things for a few days in advance. Most mondays I like to make a bunch of chicken, steak, brown pasta, rice, and things of that nature and keep them in tupperware and eat them when I need to. Great money/time saver. plus, i feel every man should know how to cook (especially in this day and age where women are less and less likely to pick up any sort of culinary skill whatsoever

ive been cooking for myself since I was 15, im 23 now. Its a skill you'll learn to love

tell her what you told us. If she's a big part of your life, and you really wanna stay with her, you'll find a way to make it through.

If she feels that a break is important right now, well....you're gonna have to give her some space.

but like the old saying goes: Love Conquers All. I suggest you two take some time and really talk about where things are headed and see what comes up.

its better to take the situation head-on than avoid it and have to deal with more problems later

DCAllAmerican > Its a DC Thing

sick.gif
in every aspect.
what should i do?

Been there. But some of the best people I've ever met just happened to be by chance. If you see a cute girl at your local supermarket or something, dont be afraid to say hi! Make a comment about a product in the aisle you're in. be funny and charming, but you dont have to overdo it like the movies would have you think.

Life isnt a big-budget romantic comedy. Not all of us are gonna say witty and clever things and sweep women off their feet every single time. Sometimes, a little friendly genuine conversation is all it takes.

Broke and unemployed
Hate myself
I need new clothes

Are you open to work just about anywhere? Once you're back on the work grind, you'll feel better about yourself. Every man needs to have a sense of purpose in society.

Perhaps that is what you're lacking: a sense of purpose.

you're a young twenty-something like many of us arent you? This is always a tricky time in our lives

We try our best to find ourselves, but many times end up being more lost than ever.

1. hey man, I used to drive 35 minutes to nearest ATT gym
laugh.gif

RobotBJJ charging $200 for training? I consider myself pretty MMA savvy but have never heard of this camp

if there are no 'name' fighters teaching there, there is no way i would drop that kind of money for training.

get a price check on the Werdum gym. Go inside and take a look around. Some people get inspired just meeting a Pro Fighter thats been on PPV and such and want to train right away!

2. Know. Dont fear, KNOW that you're gonna get tapped. alot.

but who cares? Everyone gets tapped at some point

the fact that you're in there trying to learn the game will get you respect from EVERYONE there.

its not an easy sport whatsoever. It can be a very intimidating atmosphere but once you start learning some moves and are able to apply them to your sparring sessions, your interest will become an obsession (atleast thats what happened for me)

I've traveled to many gyms across Florida in my 4 years of competing in the sport and almost everywhere i go, im impressed with the gym's Family-like atmosphere

sure there a few knuckleheads here and there, but many are there because they genuinely love it and would be more than happy to help you out with some techniques after classes and whatnot.

Bottom line is: you're never gonna say "I wish i HADNT tried it out"

many gyms offer a free one-week trial. GI BJJ is a little more light on the cardio and more technique oriented but still rough

MMA sessions are where it gets to be a bit much. the conditioning can be especially brutal

I been in a few street fights lately.
Club, I need your fighting expertise. So far all the dudes have been smaller so I've smashed them.

I have no fighting experience, what are tips to finish them easily? For when I meet a bigger cat.
How to get a good punch, where to hit, stuff like that.

I been in a few street fights lately.
Club, I need your fighting expertise. So far all the dudes have been smaller so I've smashed them.

I have no fighting experience, what are tips to finish them easily? For when I meet a bigger cat.
How to get a good punch, where to hit, stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom