It's over: NBA Elite 11 Officially Cancelled.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by LiLwAnG05

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I don't think Elite was exactly cancelled. According to the OP post, development for the game is just being moved to a different studio.

EA Sports officially announced that NBA Elite 11 is cancelled. The title of the post is NBA Elite 11 Officially Cancelled. So... it was cancelled.

And read the OP post...
Electronic Arts has cancelled NBA Elite 11.

The company made the announcement during today's Q2 2011 fiscal earnings call. The game was originally scheduled to arrive this holiday for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 with a high-definition port of NBA Jam, first released on Nintendo Wii.

In September, EA announced it delayed NBA Elite 11 indefinitely and decided to launch the HD NBA Jam ports separately at retail.

EA said on the call development of the franchise is moving to its Tiburon studio in Orlando, Florida.

via IGN

Delayed, not cancelled. Development was just moved. Both of which aren't new news.
Just because the OP made the title that it was cancelled doesn't mean it's actually cancelled. If the title of the post was, "Kobe Bryant traded to the Clippers", does that make it true, too?
Not chiming in as a gamer, and I really don't care about many video games at the moment. I just want to point out that you seem to either be in denial, or failing to understand what's going on. When companies use the term "delayed indefinitely", it usually means that the product in question has been canned. EA can't release Elite 11 next season, or at the end of this season, or even the middle. Suffice it to say that the window of opportunity has been realistically missed. 
Now, fast-forward to the second statement: Development of the FRANCHISE is moving. We talkin' 'bout a franchise... Not a game, not a game... Franchise.  This could mean the next game released could be Elite 14 (not likely, but possible based on what's been said). 

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

so no elite 12 right?

indifferent.gif
...................u had to bump this thread?

so no elite 12 right?

EA isn't dropping on a new simulation basketball game until 2012.

The new NBA Jam drops on October 4th, same day as 2k12.

so no elite 12 right?

EA isn't dropping on a new simulation basketball game until 2012.

The new NBA Jam drops on October 4th, same day as 2k12.

That "Standing there Like Jesus" Video ended this game's career!

Anyone remember what I'm referring too?
laugh.gif

PO

laugh.gif

PO

so no elite 12 right?

did dis dude just did dis?

gettin your #+# handed to too many times in 2k making u wanna jump ship to Elite 12, huh Chan?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

so no elite 12 right?

did dis dude just did dis?

gettin your #+# handed to too many times in 2k making u wanna jump ship to Elite 12, huh Chan?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn in the early part of the new millennium NBA live was awesome, but i've been playing 2k since '06 and it was for more superior! RIP

Damn in the early part of the new millennium NBA live was awesome, but i've been playing 2k since '06 and it was for more superior! RIP

Originally Posted by PO2345

laugh.gif

PO
laugh.gif
Andrew Bynum in the middle of the court. Or was it LO? 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by PO2345

laugh.gif

PO
laugh.gif
Andrew Bynum in the middle of the court. Or was it LO? 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by Fog Raw

I think the dude who posted the Jesus Bynum video on Youtube had probably 90% to do with this

I still remember the first time I saw this and couldn't stop
roll.gif
roll.gif
He just sittin there like Jeeeezus!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Maybe the greatest video I've seen on NT.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by Fog Raw

I think the dude who posted the Jesus Bynum video on Youtube had probably 90% to do with this

I still remember the first time I saw this and couldn't stop
roll.gif
roll.gif
He just sittin there like Jeeeezus!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Maybe the greatest video I've seen on NT.

Back
Top Bottom