Its Official Hornets have new OWNER!!!!

He should've held out...stern would've rigged the draft for him too...now the bobcats have a real 25% chance ^_^

The Hornets should now change their colors to Black/Gold or Black/Yellow, like a real Hornet. It would also compliment the Saints as well

If they don't win the lottery, they have to trade for the first pick. ~3 and ~10 for 1 and maybe ~31. Even getting two of Kidd/Drummond/Robinson/Sullinger/Henson/Jones/Jones/Barnes/Zeller just doesn't compare to the allure of bringing Davis in.

Outside of Gordon, all of their youth is strictly role players. Never going to be more than role players. They have to pull Davis, one way or another. Pairing him with Gordon would be perfect. And to play under Monty Williams? Come on.

Amnesty Okafor. Try to lock up Gordon. Maybe sign Camby for a year to play with Davis?

Camby
Davis
Ariza
Gordon
Jack

Vasquez
Smith
Ayon
Henry
Aminu
Pick

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

If they don't win the lottery, they have to trade for the first pick. ~3 and ~10 for 1 and maybe ~31. Even getting two of Kidd/Drummond/Robinson/Sullinger/Henson/Jones/Jones/Barnes/Zeller just doesn't
compare to the allure of bringing Davis in.

Outside of Gordon, all of their youth is strictly role players. Never going to be more than role players. They have to pull Davis, one way or another. Pairing him with Gordon would be perfect. And to play under Monty Williams? Come on.

Amnesty Okafor. Try to lock up Gordon. Maybe sign Camby for a year to play with Davis?

Camby
Davis
Ariza
Gordon
Jack

Vasquez
Smith
Ayon
Henry
Aminu
Pick

Quality post . Appreciated
pimp.gif

I'm also feeling the idea of changing the team's colors to black/yellow or black/gold . That'd be too dope
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

He should've held out...stern would've rigged the draft for him too...now the bobcats have a real 25% chance ^_^

He told Benson he was one player away...
Take it for what its worth

Ya'll haters just don't get it huh? New Orleans can def handle an NBA team, go look at the stats. Don't let the BS that ESPN pumps in order to get ratings alter your IQ. We sold over 10,000 season tickets knowing that we had no owner, no guarantee of returning, losing our star player and a bad season ... Ya'll must've forget how loud in got down here in the playoffs when we were warring with the Mavs. Slipped away, but even they know that that crowd was massive. EG loves it down here, but I understand that he's a professional. I think Benson is gonna resign him, get two solid picks and get one in free agency. If EG played all year, we would be either at or right below a .500 team. He's our closer. None of our losses have just been ugly, stupid losses (Charlotte, Washington). We play hard. We have a great coach and GM. Now we have a local owner and the buzz is getting big down here. Let's get it!! Don't sleep!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

BS?

#25Hornets 14,991 2012
#26 14,709 2011
#23 Hornets 15,130 2010

Send them to Paris or London
Your point? What do you expect in 2012 for a team w/o an owner and a team that has not have all 5 starters on the court at the sametime anytime this year.

They have done pretty well with all things considered and will do well in the future.

With all things considered attendance is still not the worst.

it isnt that easy to support both teams in NO. there are too many economic problems at the moment.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Utah gets: Hornets name

New Orleans gets: Jazz name

Utah - The Beehive State

Too much sense?

Hornets dont live in beehives?

Originally Posted by DubA169

it isnt that easy to support both teams in NO. there are too many economic problems at the moment.

Not trolling but serious question do you live in N.O or the surrounding area?

no i'm going off what i've read in the media the last few years. but i also read an opinion piece on http://www.nola.com/ that disagrees. so we will soon find out

i didn't say its impossible. it just isn't as easy as other places with numerous teams like NY, LA, CHI.

no i'm going off what i've read in the media the last few years. but i also read an opinion piece on http://www.nola.com/ that disagrees. so we will soon find out

i didn't say its impossible. it just isn't as easy as other places with numerous teams like NY, LA, CHI.
Yeah, that's false. We've proved (before 2010 when the league took over and the uncertainty began) that we can do it. It's not hard.. The media says all that for a story. Hornets tickets are much cheaper than Saints tickets, and before the ownership situation, this city was all in with the Hornets. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jetpackbirdy

NO just awarded as host of 2014 ASG. Don't tell me that wasn't part of the deal.

It's clearly not coincidental..

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by jetpackbirdy

NO just awarded as host of 2014 ASG. Don't tell me that wasn't part of the deal.

It's clearly not coincidental..

son got AD and the ASG?

my man Benson knew exactly what he was doing
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Media still thinks Katrina hit the city yesterday so you have to take things reported with a grain of salt.

We do pretty well as far as attendance goes for the product that is out and for those who constantly say that NOLA isn't a basketball town is being said with people who doesn't live down here.

Benson will get that [team] name out and do a far better job than Shinn did as far as promotion goes. The whole deal got the city buzzin future looking real good.

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Media still thinks Katrina hit the city yesterday so you have to take things reported with a grain of salt.

We do pretty well as far as attendance goes for the product that is out and for those who constantly say that NOLA isn't a basketball town is being said with people who doesn't live down here.

Benson will get that [team] name out and do a far better job than Shinn did as far as promotion goes. The whole deal got the city buzzin future looking real good.
This!! Everybody's talking about it, especially with the potential name change. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

I know NO can draw, but they have an issue with that team not being ingrained in the culture.

Couldn't have said it better myself. 
smokin.gif

Cant wait to see what moves we make in the offseason and if EG resigns with us coukd be a very exciting sqad

Originally Posted by UHaveNoSole

Cant wait to see what moves we make in the offseason and if EG resigns with us coukd be a very exciting sqad

People fail to realize that.. we were killed by injuries for the most part of the year. Ariza, EG, Jarret Jack, etc.. If everybody comes back healthy, 2 good picks and free agency moves.. yeah, we'll be decent 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom