Israeli Defense Forces and Hamas take beef to Twitter

jhawk826

Banned
[h1]Israeli Defence Forces and Hamas exchange fire on Gaza ... over Twitter[/h1]
Israel's major operation against militants in Gaza provided a running response from the IDF and Hamas's military wing

The death of Hamas military leader Ahmed al-Jaabari in Gaza has been described by Israel as "the start of a broader operation against Gazan militants" – and the Israeli Defence Forces' verified Twitter account has been busy providing a running commentary of the campaign.

The official @IDFSpokesperson account tweeted at about 10am ET:
IDF @IDFSpokesperson

The IDF has begun a widespread campaign on terror sites & operatives in the #Gaza Strip, chief among them #Hamas & Islamic Jihad targets.

14 Nov 12
After which came more information from the IDF about the goals of the operation:

IDF @IDFSpokesperson

There are 2 main goals of this IDF operation: to protect Israeli civilians and to cripple the terrorist infrastructure in the #Gaza Strip.

14 Nov 12

Hamas's military wing, the Al-Qassem Brigades, posted its response:

Alqassam Brigades @AlqassamBrigade

Al Qassam shell #Israel's military bases in Beer Sheva with dozens of mortars in response on assassination of its top leader #hamas #Gaza

14 Nov 12

The two sides then traded taunts …
IDF @IDFSpokesperson 14 Nov 12

We recommend that no Hamas operatives, whether low level or senior leaders, show their faces above ground in the days ahead.
Alqassam Brigades @AlqassamBrigade

@IDFSpokesperson Our blessed hands will reach your leaders and soldiers wherever they are (You Opened Hell Gates on Yourselves)

14 Nov 12
… which was followed by some serious chest-thumping by the IDF:

• Follow all the latest in our Middle East live blog

Why we side with Israel is beyond me. It's a made up country we side with that causes a domino effect in hatred towards the U.S. They're avenging the Holocaust on palestinians with modern day concentration camps but, they dont show that on CNN, Fox, etc.

Tacky and disrespectful on both sides.

Beefing and boasting on Twitter while people who are not involved have and will die as a result. smh

That said, it looks, smells and feels like propaganda from Israel. Is the Hamas one verified?

Why we side with Israel is beyond me. It's a made up country we side with that causes a domino effect in hatred towards the U.S. They're avenging the Holocaust on palestinians with modern day concentration camps but, they dont show that on CNN, Fox, etc.

Israel gets away with so much **** its not even funny. They do the same if not even more cruelty to the Palestinians, but if a dreidel is broken they're quick to call it a terror attack. These occupiers are not only oppressors but they're also mass murderers. WW2 was decades ago these super powers need to stop backing this nation because another World war is looming. The big networks will never pick up stories on Israel's cruel treatment of immigrants or their modern day apartheid treatment of Palestinians, this is due to the fact that WE (US, UK, France) decided the best way to make up for Hitler's rampage was to split Palestine in half without even consulting Palestinians. I'm not anti-Semitic i just know cruelty when I see it, I hope the drop 50 mortars on every synagogue in Tel aviv.

Is this really true?? I've never heard of this, but I don't follow the war and wars much. Please inform me

Last edited:

Is this really true?? I've never heard of this, but I don't follow the war and wars much. Please inform me

Id say ghettos more than actual concentration camps with the gas chambers and mass graves. But yeah, its pretty easy to draw parallels.

Emergency Committee for Israel drops a LOT of money into the hands of politicians.

Id say ghettos more than actual concentration camps with the gas chambers and mass graves. But yeah, its pretty easy to draw parallels.
There's camps like these in the gaza strip that Israel uses to detain Palestinians. I need to search but there was a photog story last year showing mounds of dead people and miles of barbed fence.

It's sad that we will go to WW3 behind Israel.

Israel gets away with so much **** its not even funny. They do the same if not even more cruelty to the Palestinians, but if a dreidel is broken they're quick to call it a terror attack. These occupiers are not only oppressors but they're also mass murderers. WW2 was decades ago these super powers need to stop backing this nation because another World war is looming. The big networks will never pick up stories on Israel's cruel treatment of immigrants or their modern day apartheid treatment of Palestinians, this is due to the fact that WE (US, UK, France) decided the best way to make up for Hitler's rampage was to split Palestine in half without even consulting Palestinians. I'm not anti-Semitic i just know cruelty when I see it, I hope the drop 50 mortars on every synagogue in Tel aviv.

thats a bit harsh man. not all jews in israel are zionist.

the israelis ive come across are pretty racist.

i went to a body shop to get a quote and the guy was israeli and as soon as i told him im muslim his whole attitude changed and he became rude and told me to leave and go to another shop and called me a "smart" guy and was pushing me with his finger :lol:

i

Yeah if there was no Israel the middle east would be peaceful. :rolleyes

You got Muslims killing and oppressing Muslims in countless countries. But thats all good. You only pay attention when you can talk a little **** about some Hebrews.

Israel is an ally. They share information with the U.S. it's not that hard to figure out

Got crazy religious zealots shooting a little girl in the head for studying but that always goes under the radar. People get pissed for a day and go back to complaining about Jews.

Last edited:
You got Muslims killing and oppressing Muslims in countless countries. But thats all good. You only pay attention when you can talk a little **** about some Hebrews.
Israel is an ally. They share information with the U.S. it's not that hard to figure out

Why do I find this post funny?

America does not support these extremist islamic regimes but they do support israel which does the same exact ish.

that is why people dislike israel even more.

America supports both sides and picks up the scraps after people destroy each other.

It's just that either side receiving support thinks there ulterior motives are more important than that us relief money

America supports both sides and picks up the scraps after people destroy each other.

It's just that either side receiving support thinks there ulterior motives are more important than that us relief money

america publicly supports the taliban?

During the soviet war era yes.

Now, not so much publicly.

We forget that funded osama much like we funded the rebels in Libya more recently to allow them to topple the previous regime.

US treats these groups as agents of destabilization. Once they serve their purpose they end up our enemies and an excuse to go back and "clean up"

Last edited:
Yeah if there was no Israel the middle east would be peaceful.
eyes.gif

Got crazy religious zealots shooting a little girl in the head for studying but that always goes under the radar. People get pissed for a day and go back to complaining about Jews.
cry me a river. Muslims are glorified for their extremists yet Israel gets a past because the share information?

Oppression is Oppression. Fight one, fight all. Period.

During the soviet war era yes.

Now, not so much publicly.

We forget that funded osama much like we funded the rebels in Libya more recently to allow them to topple the previous regime.

US treats these groups as agents of destabilization. Once they serve their purpose they end up our enemies and an excuse to go back and "clean up"

america publicly supports the taliban?

Here's a good vid for you

I have that book.

i know that they funded them financially i was referring to more of a public kind of support. america has never publicly been on their side, instead they label them as evil.

so what do u think the U.S. purpose of funding israel?

Back
Top Bottom