Israel declares War - Destruction of Gaza / Growing conflict in Middle East

michelle-obama-look (1).gif

I need some DJ out there to lay these verses over not like us.. summer slapper from ‘24 - infinity

That same exact scenario happened on a JetBlue flight and 3 days later they changed their company rules where you cannot wear anything of a country unless they fly or serve that country.

Delta will do the same as well as any other airline or business going forward.

Haaretz ‘smeared’ him for maliciously editing quotes sourced from Israeli media, leaving out critical context. Mildly impressive how your boy manages to completely avoid the actual reasons he was being critiqued for, not smeared.

Ironically, what he was being called out for is likewise abandoning just about every journalistic standard. But he’s ‘independent’ so Blumenthal wouldn’t possibly engage in any of the same mainstream media flaws right?

Falsely editing quote translations sourced from mainstream media, leaving out important context, ommiting parts of a quote to alter its meaning, …
All of the above are of course often associated with mainstream media.

But because Blumenthal is ‘independent’ you just close your eyes and ears while he plays the poor victim while repeatedly lying, distorting, omitting, …
He’s even doing it in the tweet, with a clever lie by omission to avoid stating what he was actually being criticized for. Which is mostly about a pattern of falsifying quotes that are ironically sourced from Israeli media.

That’s not to say all Blumenthal’s work is garbage, there’s no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater, but at the very least he should face the same scrutiny as mainstream media.

Media literacy is more important than ever. There mere virtue of being independent does not remove the need for scrutiny.

Blumenthal for example has previously accepted a Kremlin sponsored dinner and then magically disavowed all of his own reporting, as well as UN reporting etc that painted Assad in a negative light. Right after a nice gift from the Kremlin and getting a Russian state tv girlfriend.

As said before, even someone with a track record as egregious Blumenthal shouldn’t be thrown out with the bathwater, despite pretty obviously taking a bribe to only report pro-Assad talking points and disavow the UN and even his own work if it made Assad look bad.

It should simply be taken with the appropriate amount of scrutiny. Checking sources, cross-referencing confirmations by other outlets, ..
For example, Blumenthal’s reporting on the IDF’s use of the Hannibal Directive was confirmed to be accurate by multiple media outlets, including Haaretz.

Last edited:
Haaretz ‘smeared’ him for maliciously editing quotes sourced from Israeli media, leaving out critical context. Mildly impressive how your boy manages to completely avoid the actual reasons he was being critiqued for, not smeared.

Ironically, what he was being called out for is likewise abandoning just about every journalistic standard. But he’s ‘independent’ so Blumenthal wouldn’t possibly engage in any of the same mainstream media flaws right?

Falsely editing quote translations sourced from mainstream media, leaving out important context, ommiting parts of a quote to alter its meaning, …

But because Blumenthal is ‘independent’ you just close your eyes and ears while he plays the poor victim while repeatedly lying, distorting, omitting, …
He’s even doing it in the tweet, with a clever lie by omission to avoid stating what he was actually being criticized for. Which is mostly about a pattern of falsifying quotes that are ironically sourced from Israeli media.

That’s not to say all Blumenthal’s work is garbage, there’s no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater, but at the very least he should face the same scrutiny as mainstream media.

Media literacy is more important than ever. There mere virtue of being independent does not remove the need for scrutiny.

Blumenthal for example has previously accepted a Kremlin sponsored dinner and then magically disavowed all of his own reporting, as well as UN reporting etc that painted Assad in a negative light. Right after a nice gift from the Kremlin and getting a Russian state tv girlfriend.

As said before, even someone with a track record as egregious Blumenthal shouldn’t be thrown out with the bathwater, despite pretty obviously taking a bribe to only report pro-Assad talking points and disavow the UN and even his own work if it made Assad look bad.

It should simply be taken with the appropriate amount of scrutiny. Checking sources, cross-referencing confirmations by other outlets, ..
For example, Blumenthal’s reporting on the IDF’s use of the Hannibal Directive was confirmed to be accurate by multiple media outlets, including Haaretz.
So did the Israeli Army kill it's own citizens or not?

• Haha
Reactions: DLF
So did the Israeli Army kill it's own citizens or not?
My post was about media literacy but apparently basic literacy is necessary too.

It's rather ironic that in a post pointing out the importance of basic media literacy, you ask a question that is explicitly answered in the affirmitive in that very same post.
That means the answer to your question is Y E S by the way if I need to spell it out for you.
You asked an accusatory question that clearly implies I must believe some Israeli propaganda because I... suggested scrutiny and skepticism should be applied to all media?

Everyone knows what you're getting at by asking that dumb question.
If you didn't believe or suspect I believe the Israeli/IDF propaganda, you wouldn't have asked that question. Especially since the answer to that question is in my post.
Obviously you want to imply I'm some Israeli propaganda supporter, so why hide behind the question?
Just say what you wanna say with your chest out, don't be a coward.

I don't have any issue with you but I'm also not going to maintain properly respectful decorum when faced with a baseless and completely out of the blue accusation in such a disingenuous and cowardly manner.

The point I made and have repeatedly made to DLF is that ALL media should be subject to the same scrutiny you should apply to mainstream media. The virtue of being independent doesn't magically make said media impervious to falsehoods, lies, omissions, biased framing, ...

Is is a zionist talking point now to argue that people should apply healthy skepticism and critical thinking to ALL media? To be clear, that message specifically applies to DLF.
As far as I'm aware, he's the only one here who chooses to abandon all critical thinking to any independent media or and/or favorable reporting. He previously stated that the only media he consumed pre-October 7th was watching CNN occasionally.
Then he correctly identified the issues with mainstream media but then proceeded to go off the deep end and throw all that out the window if a media report is independent or favorable to Palestine.

At the end of the day we're all on the same team here, in the sense that Israel is undisputably committing genocide and is aided both militarily and politically by its allies.
There's gonna be some minor differences in views on topics like potential solutions etc of course but none that change the fundamental agreement that Israel is committing genocide.

It's ridiculous that something as innocuous as this argument immediately devolves into completely baseless accusations of zionism.

Last edited:
My post was about media literacy but apparently basic literacy is necessary too.

It's rather ironic that in a post pointing out the importance of basic media literacy, you ask a question that is explicitly answered in the affirmitive in that very same post.
That means the answer to your question is Y E S by the way if I need to spell it out for you.
You asked an accusatory question that clearly implies I must believe some Israeli propaganda because I... suggested scrutiny and skepticism should be applied to all media?

Everyone knows what you're getting at by asking that dumb question.
If you didn't believe or suspect I believe the Israeli/IDF propaganda, you wouldn't have asked that question. Especially since the answer to that question is in my post.
Obviously you want to imply I'm some Israeli propaganda supporter, so why hide behind the question?
Just say what you wanna say with your chest out, don't be a coward.

I don't have any issue with you but I'm also not going to maintain properly respectful decorum when faced with a baseless and completely out of the blue accusation in such a disingenuous and cowardly manner.

The point I made and have repeatedly made to DLF is that ALL media should be subject to the same scrutiny you should apply to mainstream media. The virtue of being independent doesn't magically make said media impervious to falsehoods, lies, omissions, biased framing, ...

Is is a zionist talking point now to argue that people should apply healthy skepticism and critical thinking to ALL media? To be clear, that message specifically applies to DLF.
As far as I'm aware, he's the only one here who chooses to abandon all critical thinking to any independent media or and/or favorable reporting. He previously stated that the only media he consumed pre-October 7th was watching CNN occasionally.
Then he correctly identified the issues with mainstream media but then proceeded to go off the deep end and throw all that out the window if a media report is independent or favorable to Palestine.

At the end of the day we're all on the same team here, in the sense that Israel is undisputably committing genocide and is aided both militarily and politically by its allies.
There's gonna be some minor differences in views on topics like potential solutions etc of course but none that change the fundamental agreement that Israel is committing genocide.

It's ridiculous that something as innocuous as this argument immediately devolves into completely baseless accusations of zionism.
I wasn't really able to follow your post so I asked for clarification. The shooting of messengers is one way to stop a message. I'm going to ignore "the say it with your chest/coward comments" as you obviously have me confused with someone else. Post just seemed weird to me, but as I reread your post your issue is actually with DLF and not the actual information.

• Haha
Reactions: DLF
I wasn't really able to follow your post so I asked for clarification. The shooting of messengers is one way to stop a message. I'm going to ignore "the say it with your chest/coward comments" as you obviously have me confused with someone else. Post just seemed weird to me, but as I reread your post your issue is actually with DLF and not the actual information.
Apologies for the misunderstanding then, my bad.

But were the quotes and context actually manipulated or misquoted as Haaretz claimed ?

He turned out to be right, though. So what was misquoted about the Hannibal Directive?

Blumenthal wasn't the only one that exposed the Hannibal Directive was employed and used on October 7 by the IDF. So did couple of other independent journalists.

I remember this other one named Dan Cohen who speaks Hebrew too.

I agree with you on media literacy though.

I personally think the IDF killed most of the civilians en masse on October 7 to kill off Hamas militants too, and to deter as many of hostages being taken. Hamas did not have the manpower and weaponry to match the outcome of the destruction, flattened and rubble kibbutz, including the roofs, as well as all those charred cars at the festival. Definitely IDF.

But were the quotes and context actually manipulated or misquoted as Haaretz claimed ?

He turned out to be right, though. So what was misquoted about the Hannibal Directive?

Blumenthal wasn't the only one that exposed the Hannibal Directive was employed and used on October 7 by the IDF. So did couple of other independent journalists.

I personally think the IDF killed most of the civilians en masse on October 7 to kill off Hamas militants too, and to deter as many of hostages being taken. Hamas did not have the manpower and weaponry to match the outcome of the destruction, flattened and rubble kibbutz, including the roofs, as well as all those charred cars at the festival. Definitely IDF.
I read the article that tries to say he is misquoting etc.

It’s hilarious.

It says things like “Blumenthal says the tanks came in and blew up buildings with hostages in them…sure. This is true. But why did Blumenthal leave out the part from witnesses that said “hamas terrorists” were also there and killed some people…huh huh. Why didn’t he!!??”

They don’t deny the tanks shelling…back in November.

Never believe a Zionist

It’s hilarious.

It says things like “Blumenthal says the tanks came in and blew up buildings with hostages in them…sure. This is true. But why did Blumenthal leave out the part from witnesses that said “hamas terrorists” were also there and killed some people…huh huh. Why didn’t he!!??”

Never believe a Zionist

Also it seemed like they had to put out that article to demonize Blumenthal's interpretation because of the backlash Haaretz received for publishing it at the time.

Palestinian voices and international journalists have been yelling this out loud from the rooftops in Israel's exaggerations and lies to manufacture consent for genocide, and saying we are Oct. 7th deniers. You even had HOSTAGES and their families, first hand testimonies on what they saw was the Hannibal Directive, along with what happened to their families. This wasn't secondhand testimonies either, but the survivors themselves. But ya, we were the conspiracy theorists and liars.

See that's another part of manipulative tactics used by media. The criticism he referenced aren't related to his Hannibal Directive reporting.

Someone like Blumenthal, or any media really, is right to assume that most people aren't going to actually dig through the referenced source material.
He does the bare minimum of including the title of said article but no links, thus decreasing the likelihood someone would go through the effort.

The primary manipulative tactic is to distort the criticism and turn it into a non-existent strawman. The Haaretz article has nothing to do with the Hannibal Directive.
He is 'responding' to a version of the critique that he fabricated.

Then the final manipulative cherry on top is to point to different reporting that he was correct on, and had confirmed prior to Haaretz.

You have to hand it to the guy, he's quite good.

Last edited:

It’s hilarious.

Never believe a Zionist
You are free to read it here. I think there is plenty to disagree with Haaretz' framing of certain points as it generally comes off as very biased towards Israel but it unequivocally establishes that Blumenthal manipulatively leaves out context, lies by omission and even edits quotes.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...-victims/0000018c-102f-d65f-a7dd-f0ff7b550000

There are several demonstrable examples of him editing quotes he took from other reporting. It's fine to disagree with the substance of the quotes, but I think we can all agree that doctoring quotes is bad. Well besides you I guess.

This is also far from the only time Blumenthal has been exposed for at times making mainstream media look like saints in comparison.
All the Kremlin needed to do was offer the guy a Kremlin-sponsored dinner and magically he started disavowing his own reporting to become a pro-Assad propagandist. Suddenly there was no more neutral reporting, only pro-Assad reports and attacks against the UN and other journalists who reported negatively about Assad's attacks on civilians etc. It's genuinely comical how obvious the turnaround was.

If Israel paid him enough I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be willing to become a zionist too.
Blumenthal was more than happy to parade as a cheerleader for Assad's wrongdoing but I'm guessing he makes more from his current reporting nowadays than cheering on civilian casualties.

Last edited:
Honest question, are Americans occupier's of native Americans land?
A 'peaceful' occupation I guess? As far as I know there isn't much conflict with Native Americans.
They were colonized, slaughtered and forced to give up most of their territory in exchange for a couple small partially autonomous territories.

A 'peaceful' occupation I guess? As far as I know there isn't much conflict with Native Americans.
They were colonized, slaughtered and forced to give up most of their territory in exchange for a couple small partially autonomous territories.
So I am an occupier, just saying

So I am an occupier, just saying
Depends on how you want to define it. Given the amount of colonization and conquest throughout history, you could probably fit just about any country as an occupier depending on how far back in history you wanna go.

You are free to read it here. I think there is plenty to disagree with Haaretz' framing of certain points as it generally comes off as very biased towards Israel but it unequivocally establishes that Blumenthal manipulatively leaves out context, lies by omission and even edits quotes.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...-victims/0000018c-102f-d65f-a7dd-f0ff7b550000

There are several demonstrable examples of him editing quotes he took from other reporting. It's fine to disagree with the substance of the quotes, but I think we can all agree that doctoring quotes is bad. Well besides you I guess.

This is also far from the only time Blumenthal has been exposed for at times making mainstream media look like saints in comparison.
All the Kremlin needed to do was offer the guy a Kremlin-sponsored dinner and magically he started disavowing his own reporting to become a pro-Assad propagandist. Suddenly there was no more neutral reporting, only pro-Assad reports and attacks against the UN and other journalists who reported negatively about Assad's attacks on civilians etc. It's genuinely comical how obvious the turnaround was.

If Israel paid him enough I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be willing to become a zionist too.
Blumenthal was more than happy to parade as a cheerleader for Assad's wrongdoing but I'm guessing he makes more from his current reporting nowadays than cheering on civilian casualties.

Here's the retort to Perach's article by Blumenthal:

I consider myself a settler/colonizer too on Turtle Island. If I had it my way, I would love to live in Palestine. But, it is so messed up, because our family was uprooted, so I wasn't even born there, and now I am westernized.

Also, even for Israelis, I am not for their removal, but just for the dismantling of Israel as it has been founded as a settler-colonial state. As I have stated, I am all for a one-state solution for Israelis and Palestinians living under equal human, political and civil rights. I know many disagree and find it impossible, but I don't.

Also, I am all for the land back movement. Contrary to people's perceptions, land back does not mean the removal of all non-Indigenous people from North America. Instead, as many Indigenous leaders have argued, it is about restitution: the return of jurisdictional control to Indigenous nations.

Back
Top Bottom