Is There Any Positive Rap Today? Please Lead Me That Way

I appreciate everyone who helpe me find some good positive music. Def looking forward to checking the artists out that you guys mentioned

define positive​

im assuming stuff not glofiying violence, drugs, demeaning women, gays, etc

for example, meek mill-dreamchasers i would consider positive. its inspiring, from nothing to something story. he mentions hustling drugs but doesn't glorify it..

:smokin

#goodmusic

btw

as an aspiring producer, im working on a project to spread the #goodmusic one beat at a time :smokin

also i blog all that #goodmusic from Blu to Skyzoo

check it out. any support is appreciated

http://www.thoroprod.com

Last edited:
Im offended. I like drugs and sex :smh:

:smokin This.

This senseless violence rap i can do without though.

Ive been listening to alot of

Joey Badass
Capital Steez
Proressive Era
Ab-Soul
Just checked out MF Doom for the first time. Dope.
Kendrick Lamar

BIG KRIT and J Cole dont know if they wanna be mainstream or what but they have some conscience stuff.

The Usuals

NaS (Just dropped Life is Good Telling street stories but not glorifying it.)
Common
Talib Kweli (Just dropped a tape or is about to drop one)
Little Brother
Mos Def
Old Kanye

Kinda old but whatever....

Dudes last album was great btw too
As for more recent, I really like this song....

I love Yasiin Bey (Mos Def), but for someone who professes to be Muslim, he sure does curse. Lupe too. There's no gray area in Islam, you don't curse...Just sayin....

Large Professor - Forever

Large P got s little old, but this song was aiight...

Last edited:
Consequence - Public Eye & My Way Home

Nice use of Brand Nubian (James Brown) sample. Other song is a nice tribute to Gil Scott Heron when he passed away...

i guess this is motivational, even though these guys are as mainstream as it gets

Last edited:
Yo for real? 2 Chainz is the living embodiment of the Step & Fetch It/Amos & Andy rappers out there today & your posting him in here? :nerd:

^Seriously.

:pimp: AD was the **** (and still is to me).

Peace to Digable Planets as well.

criminally slept on, i am guilty of it. recently went back and listened to blow out comb and that **** is fly.

Blowout Comb is just damn good music, through and through. I always forget about it, and then when I do hear it, I always ask myself why the hell I don't spin it more often.

Sonically, there aren't many other albums that do it for me like that one. Joint is just effortlessly smooth.

You probably just now started to listen to hip hop cause thats how its been from the get go

Back
Top Bottom