Is there a such thing as a fun, enjoyable good-paying job (with benefits)?

balloonoboy

Banned
I'm searching for a job, but most of them just don't fit me.

I initially wanted to be a counselor or work in a related social service field, but I soon realized that I would most likely be miserable in those fields.

Now I'm looking for a job, more so a career, where I will actually enjoy going instead of dreading those 8 or so hours everyday.

Some may say, "but balloonoboy, you can't be picky in this tough economy" and I'll say to them "says who?". I'd much rather find a job that is actually worth the trouble than to settle for something because it's available.

Times are always going to be tough.

Anywho, does anyone actually enjoy their job? What do you do?

Respiratory Therapist, on my way to becoming an RN. I love helping people, btw.

Actually, becoming a RT is pretty easy. Once you're a licensed RT (two years the least) you have to be committed to a certain hospital for two years and they pay you to go to nursing school + a salary. Not bad.

if you want to become a counselor make sure you're licensed and not certified.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by georgehimself

but balloonoboy, you can't be picky in this tough economy
laugh.gif
. He's being real about it though.
You have to be sensible, if you have parents helping you at the moment being a financial clutch. You're lucky, because if you have wads of loans and daily bills to pay you're screwed if you are constantly on the hunt for this dream job. Get some job(s) that are stable and fill in the full 40 hour a week pre-req. Then, figure out what skills are applicable for your type of "dream career" and other than what you previously mentioned, filter those skills in your career/job search inquiry and take it from there.

Currently I work in property management, but my career job will be an executive marketing position at a start up firm next month. Took me a while but you gotta grind it out, until you find something you can come to terms with.

Its hard to find a job that encompasses all 3 of those things. I like my job and its enjoyable but it doesnt pay that great right now.

balloonoboy wrote:
Some may say, "but balloonoboy, you can't be picky in this tough economy" and I'll say to them "says who?".  

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm in the library DYING of laughter. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude is speaking in 3rd person perspective to himself 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA
laugh.gif
is it cause they scammed him or hes just in disbelief that he has a dollar bill?

And

Im missing the joke davidisglodly cause i didnt even smile at that...

Why dont you work at a camp OP?

enjoyable is subjective

you have to figure out for yourself what you enjoy doing and what kinds of jobs encompass that

self knowledge is key

There are always going to be jobs that are enjoyable to you, however, not all will pay well.
You will have to find something you like and enjoy to do and try and go in that field.
Chances are you will have to work hard w/o much pay early on but the pay off should be good in the long run.

There are people out there that plays video games the whole day and get paid a lot.
They managed to harness what they are good at and make it work for them and you have to do the same.

So yes, it does exist but if I were to guess, about 80%-90% off people out there hates their job so I say take what you can now but do not give up looking for something better and enjoyable.

man my job would suck but my co workers are tight as hell. always joking around and in a good mood... which gets me in a good mood and makes the work that much more fun

but when we gotta work hard and finish something we do it.

Physical therapy is a great job, being a personal trainer is also cool. If you have to look for work rather than work coming to you, than you're probably doing it wrong

Without getting in the details of my career, the short answer to your question is yes.  A more complete answer involves busting your +*$ for 15 years in a manner which you are incapable of imagining right now in order to one day get that job.  And on the stone cold serious, I would not trade my job/career for anything.  ANYTHING.  (Ok, maybe my daughter.)

I actually start on Monday with a job I like. Well, love which hard to come across these days. I don't consider it a job because its flexible and I'm familiar with the way the company operates. The pay & benefits are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I actually start on Monday with a job I like. Well, love which hard to come across these days. I don't consider it a job because its flexible and I'm familiar with the way the company operates. The pay & benefits are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom