Is the Sneaker game dying?

I like Foamer, but this doesn't make any sense. He says how he's selling all his pairs because he has too much material things and then says he's going to build up his collection again. 
Wow, she's beautiful.

scoop 208 been sellin yall fakes for years, now he got caught and gonna hopefully go to jail, btw scoop is brody trump

more like the AF1/dunk game is dying because no one is losing sleep over those
Back in December I picked up a few pairs of the nikelab forces (on discount with swoosh account, granted), and have been very impressed with them.  The quality on the upper is there, and the soles are very comfortable.  Definitely worth picking up if you can find a good deal imo.

Yea id argue against that.

Adidas was around longer and have alot of classic runners but nothing was groundbreaking design wise.

Like the foamposite for example.

BUT i think it wcould be arguable depending on taste

The rising star (with cushioning tabs from which the lego bricks of the NMD were inspired)

The micropacer

The APS

EQT (btw, look at how they used the three stripes for support on the guidance and the support; years later when nike "came up" with flywire, everybody acted like the idea was new)
The A1

FYW

Climacool

Can't say adidas didn't innovate. Like I said, it's more about taste. For whatever reason, their stuff never appealed to the US market

The thing is though, getting shoes are just so much easier than it was before. It's not guarantee that you'll get them but entering in Twitter raffles or getting things online and mailed to you can make you a sneakerhead over night. And even if you weren't into shoes, the resell value now is still good enough to at least get your money back or make more. So to get into shoes investment wise is a no brainer and to sell it off is not a stressful thing since there was no real effort to get them anyways.

I have shoes though where I would never sell them based on the principle of what I had to do to get them. I did 8 hours of waiting in line for the Diamond Dunks. Those will stick with me to the day I die.

It's all about designer now. You gotta have the Gucci snake b

nah, besides cats been dropping designer money on Nikes for a while now.

da oversaturation probably got these cats feeling like "me toos" instead of what originally got em in it, being unique.

that's why some ex sneakerheads are some of da weirdest folks around, they're still lookin for that hypebeast high that a pair of expensive kicks can't give it to em anymore.

u gotta channel that energy into something though.

I think now a days it's harder to cop. GRs that nobody likes is an easy cop. But og color 1s and 11s sell out almost instantly and impossible to get online unless your lucky or have a bot

The same could be said about Adidas shoes are tough to cop online. Some but not all

Last edited:
Sneaker game is dead? Air Max 97s released today and was sold out in 1 minute on Eastbay, SNKRS, Finishline, Footaction.. etc.

Resellers don't seem to think it's dead!

Sneaker game is dead? Air Max 97s released today and was sold out in 1 minute on Eastbay, SNKRS, Finishline, Footaction.. etc.

Resellers don't seem to think it's dead!

been a while since that shoe dropped, and runners is lit wit joggers.

scoop 208 been sellin yall fakes for years, now he got caught and gonna hopefully go to jail, btw scoop is brody trump
I doubt anybody on this site actually supported those random sites he would shout out. I don't know anything about Brody Trump because I'm still waiting for him to accept me into his sneaker group on Facebook.

I really hate to see this happen to him being that he's the main shoetuber I watch. 

Boost is a game changer for comfort, IMO.   Ultra Boost, Yeezy v2s, and EQT's are some of the comfiest shoes I've ever owned.  Much comfier than my Infrared Air Maxes, or my Nike Frees, etc.   

Not to say there aren't other comfortable Nike shoes, such as Prestos and Nike Lunar Epics... but all I wear is boost shoes now, pretty much. 

Boost has been around longer before there was an Ultra Boost, Yeezy, etc. The only reason why those shoes are snatched up is the look, not the comfort. There are other boosts shoes that don't sell out cause there is no demand for them. By the end of it, shoes have always been about the look first and comfort after. You are just pointing out a perk for those shoes.

tried boosts da other day...overated.

if you've worn prestos you're not getting anything groundbreaking.

Boost has been around longer before there was an Ultra Boost, Yeezy, etc. The only reason why those shoes are snatched up is the look, not the comfort. There are other boosts shoes that don't sell out cause there is no demand for them. By the end of it, shoes have always been about the look first and comfort after. You are just pointing out a perk for those shoes.
I do like the look of Ultra Boosts, and EQT's, but looks aren't the only reason why I like them.  I didn't originally like the look of UB's at first - thought they looked like elf shoes. But then I put them on and didn't really care what they looked like.  Comfort is A1.  If there is a more comfortable shoe/material, I haven't tried it yet. 

I like the primeknit as you don't have to worry about creases, etc.  I used to like flyknit much better than primeknit (though I do still think Nike does better colors with their flyknit, and the new UB's look to be getting kind of wonky looking), but now I prefer the softness of primeknit over the feeling of flyknit (stiffer). 

I like the way my denim sits on the UB's, more than just about any other shoe.  Cover the "tongue" with your denim in the front, and then inside of the back heel tab.  This is actually one of the negatives about the Yeezy v2s, IMO.  They just don't look right, unless you are wearing very skinny denim. 

I will say that I am getting sick of the "hype" though.  It's damn near impossible to even buy UB's anymore, even GR colorways.  Pain in the **** trying to give someone $180-200 of my money.   Damn near need to be a Computer Science / IT major just to have a chance. 

tried boosts da other day...overated.

if you've worn prestos you're not getting anything groundbreaking.
I haven't worn prestos, because I don't like the way they look.  My wife, who is a Nurse that works 12 hour shifts, didn't like the Prestos when we were buying her shoes for work.  She could immediately tell a difference between the Prestos and the UB's.  She ended up having to go with a special Nursing-dedicated shoe anyway, because she is hard on shoes (high arches, all of her shoes look like someone has been hammering into the heels when you look at the insole) and no sneakers were really cutting it. 

If Nike re-released the Flynit Trainers, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.  But instead, they've made their Free Runs and what not all wonky looking (and not that comfy) and haven't really done anything to the Flyknit Racer model other than release new colors.  

nah, besides cats been dropping designer money on Nikes for a while now.

da oversaturation probably got these cats feeling like "me toos" instead of what originally got em in it, being unique.

that's why some ex sneakerheads are some of da weirdest folks around, they're still lookin for that hypebeast high that a pair of expensive kicks can't give it to em anymore.

u gotta channel that energy into something though.
I feel like the natural, or maybe the more common progression is for older heads (10 years+) To consolidate to their top/most exclusive kicks, so they can keep the "just to be like ni$$# you aint up on this" part of collecting...

Last edited:
I feel like the natural, or maybe the more common progression is for older heads (10 years+) To consolidate to their top/most exclusive kicks, so they can keep the "just to be like ni$$# you aint up on this" part of collecting...

I read your sentence 3 times and I still don't understand what you're saying :lol:

I read your sentence 3 times and I still don't understand what you're saying :lol:

basically meant lower da quantity up da quality.

however, when folks is burned out i usually see em take up other ish....

Back
Top Bottom