Is the name "Ezra" a man or woman's name?

l fr3sh l

Banned
Or is gender neutral like the name Sam? Im applying for a job and dont know if need to put a Mr or Ms in the cover letter.

Ezra Pound?

I'm going to say male, I think Izra is the feminine version but I'm not sure

Ezra was a man's name in the Bible...all the Exras I know are guys. I would save myself the embarrassment ad just call the company and make sure. Youdon't wanna look like you didn't evem both to see who the person you're writing the letter to is. When I took my "interview enhancement"class, one of the things they warned against was addressing letters if you weren't sure. Or you can bring 2 copies of the letter and trash the other whenyou see whether its a male or female.

Originally Posted by l FR3SH l

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

http://www.mittyevents.com/ezra.html

My guess is, with the Middle Name Brett, it's a male. Calling to confirm would be best.

I dont know how you found that but thanks. Ill take my chances and just assume its a guy, this is just my safety job anyway.

No prob... Always like to help my fellow SM majors out
happy.gif

We're still enemies when in S&T tho
laugh.gif

Ezra is a biblical name, its one of the books of the bible, written by Ezra ironically. Its originally a males name

Or is gender neutral like the name Sam?

Sam isn't a gender neutral name. People are generally named Samuel or Samantha (or Samwise if we're in Middle Earth).

Lindsay, on the other hand, is a gender neutral name.

Back
Top Bottom