Is Social Media Destroying Society? Former Facebook Exec Says 'Yes'

I do.

Most people on Niketalk are in denial about it and find ways to rationalize how it ISN'T

same here. I really dont see how it is any different than twitter. Basically each thread is its own personal timeline.

feels like we have been around social media longer than we want to admit. AIM/Yahoo Messenger, Chatrooms all were forms of social media. Then we grew into myspace and Facebook. But I feel like I didnt really start hearing the term "social media" nonstop till the emergence of twitter/IG/vine/snapchat

I will say this I do find more quality in regards of my interactions via NT than I would on Twitter/IG and other platforms.

Last edited:
I do.

Most people on Niketalk are in denial about it and find ways to rationalize how it ISN'T
NT existed before the term "social media" was widely used (I think) and maybe there was an argument it was something different for the brief period of time when we really only talked shoes on here. But since NT has become an internet forum on which people can discuss basically anything, I don't see how you can't label it a from of social media.

so·cial me·di·a
/ˌsōSHəl ˈmēdēə/
Learn to pronounce
noun
websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.

Let me know how Niketalk DOESN'T qualify.

how has IG changed? or is it the people on there and what they are doing that is making it trash?

For me, it‘s a combination of all the ads and the prevalence of accounts that repost the same garbage constantly.

IG’s ability to block accounts needs an update.

i wonder if any countries are going to straight up ban social media?

I get the use for the internet and emails and stuff but social media doesn’t really seem necessary. Just gives the 1% of extreme parts of society a very loud visible platform. Feels like it’s Jerry Springer except mainstream and on every channel.

I don't know how cats do that Twitter ish

Just random mofos jostling for attention non stop. Roe V Wade gets overturned and people tweeting hoping to go viral or have their tweet trend

Just random mofos jostling for attention non stop. Roe V Wade gets overturned and people tweeting hoping to go viral or have their tweet trend
twitter is the only thing i have in a non conventional way. i literally only use it to follow certain cats for transfer news and barca news
i have never actually tweeted and don't follow anyone else. it's useful in this sense

The same can be said for FB, IG, etc etc. It's all people seeking attention and hoping to get a hot 15 minutes on the social media stage.

Back
Top Bottom