Is Robert Horry a Hall of Famer??

Please stop asking this stupid question once and for all.

The man has never even been the third best player on any team he ever played on.

The highest and only individual honor/award he has is being on the all-rookie 2nd team.

Robert Horry is an extreme case of a player being at the right place at the right time. Both when it came to being on the right team the year they won a championship, as well as being on the right spot on the floor when he hit some of his clutch shots. And he should not be rewarded with a spot in the HOF for this. A HOFers career should never be reduced to nothing more than a 2-minute highlight reel, which is all Horry has when you think about that the only argument people make for him to be in the HOF are his clutch shots.

No, he will be remembered greatly though...mostly for the game, after game, after game winning shots he made against all the teams.

nod.gif

Creating these topics should become banned, word to Player A > Player B threads.
grin.gif

like i said before. dudes are picking any and everybody for the hall of fame. Whos gonna be next up? Jason Terry?

I say yes, Robert Horry should be in the hall of fame.  Dude should have his own wing in fact. 

Dead serious too. 

hell yeah he deserves it...alot more than youre favorite players with NO rings!!

Whats with all these hall of fame question these days?

So far, we've had AI, Tmac, Bibby, and now Horry?

Originally Posted by CP1708

I say yes, Robert Horry should be in the hall of fame.  Dude should have his own wing in fact. 

Dead serious too. 

im missing something right?

No sir.  I am serious.  I've been pro Horry Hall worthy for a while now. 

Basis of argument is simple.  If you put together a history of the NBA video or something, you couldn't make that video without SEVERAL of the biggest moments in NBA history belonging to Big Shot Rob.  Title changing moments.  Jordan would be there, Bird would be there, and Horry would be there. 

Regular season dunks by Vince Carter, or "huge" clutch shots in February wouldn't be there imo. 

Also, Rob is the ONLY player in the game to win MULTIPLE titles on 3 teams.  Some have done it on two, but no one has done it on three, Horry has. 

Yes, I know Kerr has hit shots, Paxson, Fisher, etc.  Horry did it for 3 franchises.  He changed the fortunes of 3 franchises, even though he was never an elite type player.  Well, there are SEVERAL old time Celtics in the hall of fame, and they don't have the credentials that Robert does.  So to me, he belongs. 

I know that it will never happen, nor do I truly care.  But when the question is asked, I say yes.  No harm in that. 

Why are people acting like this is the first time this has been brought up? I think Horry is the true exception to the rule. Dude hit too many clutch shots at too many key times over too many years to at least not be considered. Dude was like John Paxson x 20.

This is why I can't stand people who just look at the career stat charts and try to make assesments. What he did to the Pistons in the 2005 finals is one of the greatest performances in playoff history and I'm nowhere close to joking.

Maybe Horry isn't a hall of famer, but one thing is for sure: this question isn't nearly as laughable as people are making it out to be.

You don't get into the hall for moments, you get in for sustained excellence over the course an entire career.

Back
Top Bottom