Is Rap music dead/dying?

IMO, It seems like all you really need these days is a catchy hook, nice beat, and some big name artist on your track. No need for coherent and quality lyrics anymore.

Is this post from 2006 :lol: :lol: ? Mainstream radio rap/hip hop has been in a coffin since then. Thankfully there's plenty of good non-radio rap out there, and quite easy to find.

turn off the radio and BET, and listen to what you like. There are literally thousands of amazing underground rappers out there.

The whole idea of whats good and whats not have changed. Society have changed what it has become, but out there Rap hasn't died. People just don't know how to find, or either don't enjoy lyrics and beats these days, because they've been changed from what society has made rap.

Is this post from 2006
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
? Mainstream radio rap/hip hop has been in a coffin since then. Thankfully there's plenty of good non-radio rap out there, and quite easy to find.
Repped.

laugh.gif

Even Nas will tell you its alive...

Last edited:
No its just different generation with different flava.. Alot of these new artist been influence by older cats that were in the game they pay homage

"nowadays kids just don't give a ish about lyrics, all they wanna hear is a beat that's it" :lol: :smh:

the good **** is still around its just not in the mainstream for the most part...

there isnt as much of it around tho... fans stopped respecting the art so the "Artists" did too...

people cosign wack **** cuz its uptempo saying its "good workout music"

people just make every excuse possible for ******** now and most dont care anyway

so many people listen to wack **** because it has deep bass and they like how it hits on their subs

cats really have the nerve to call non hype **** "headphone music"

people are just corny and its not just rap its the urban culture in general

rap ain't dead it's not where it used to be though :smh: always talkin bout a big booty %^^ and i'll hit that etc...now a days compared to back in the day where it had a real meaning IMO :x

Last edited:
Liking the way a song sounds/knocks is now considered an "excuse" :lol:

It's been said already, but listen to what the **** YOU like. What's wack to one person, won't be wack to the next. Is rap music dead? I dunno, don't know how to gauge that, I'm finding plenty of rap that I'm enjoying though, from conscious and conservative, to downright arrogant and obnoxious.

I don't like this topic, and I still don't like how NTers, and other members of the Internet get vexed over how people enjoy things that they themselves do not.

Liking the way a song sounds/knocks is now considered an "excuse" :lol:
It's been said already, but listen to what the **** YOU like. What's wack to one person, won't be wack to the next. Is rap music dead? I dunno, don't know how to gauge that, I'm finding plenty of rap that I'm enjoying though, from conscious and conservative, to downright arrogant and obnoxious.
I don't like this topic, and I still don't like how NTers, and other members of the Internet get vexed over how people enjoy things that they themselves do not.

thank you...i'm tired of having to put this in every thread.

rap / hip-hop is just more mainstream daresay pop these days . . . it just needs a shot in the arm . . .

Kendrick (all of TDE)

Cole

KRIT

Cudi

Ye

Jay

Drake

Nipsey

Rocky

Dom

Meek

I like this dead rap. 
only people out of all this making GOOD and Okay Rap is Kendrick and TDE, Krit, Maybe Cudi...and Dom...and hes still a hit or miss....and notice that none of the ones ive mention have a hit song on the radio except for swimming pools....All the rap music on the radio sounds the same to me..Commerical Rap is pure trash...its the same generic beat, singing here and there..talking about money, **** and cars, clothes whatever..and dont get me started with COLE...dude is pure trash now, tryna copy Kendrick with this BORN sinner ****..and then he came out with MISS AMERICA, tryna copy jay in the beggining with Public service annoucement..come up with your own **** man...smh..the real rap music doesnt get played on the radio..everyone should know this by now

Last edited:
radio rap isnt whats up

I dont even listen to the radio anymore

most new stuff I get put on is from here or my buddies

Lyrics are at an all time low though. I hate saying I like rap music because of how much doodoo is encompassed in the genre.

Back
Top Bottom