Is Martin Scorsese the greatest director ever?

Martin Scorsese

600full-martin-scorsese.jpg

Nope...But he's good non the less.

Notable:

Kubrick, Spike Jones, Jean Luc Godard, 80's Tim Burton, Hell even Clint Eastwood

I get how people are saying Kubrick because they are sheep...

I understand how he changed directing blah blah blah... can you honestly watch 2001: A Space Odyssey and say you were entertained? Eyes Wide Shut? Boring,boring films, when it comes to speaking about entertainment value.

lol@naming eyes wide shut.....

full metal jacket and clockwork orange %#%* on any other directors entire catalouge

He's one of the greatest directors ever and his work is only going to become more appreciated with age. A good example of this is a film like The King ofComedy or New York, New York. He's also an extremely important director in the New Hollywood movement and has expanded the scope of his work to fit themainstream, which helps his legacy immensely.

He's not the best but he's definitely better than some of the names thrown out. Chris Nolan? Tim Burton? Spike Jones? These are all good directors butaren't even close to Scorsese.

Eyes wide shut is 100%. All his movies are pure cinema. You are a sheep because you need constant entertainment. Matter a fact you may bed a Pig.

I'd even go so far as to say, every war-time move after full metal jacket is a failed attempt...

"six foot two? well goddamn, I didn't know they stacked +!+% that high"

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

lol@naming eyes wide shut.....

full metal jacket and clockwork orange %#%* on any other directors entire catalouge

I agree with both those films. Great movies... but you are really thinking that those two stand up to James Cameron (just an example)?

I am not saying Kubrick is a bad director... just not on this pedestal everyone seems to put him on.

Back
Top Bottom