IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

great response but Ill ask again so you can dodge it.  Every negative about Kobe's leadership can be said about MJ. So why try to use that as "strike" against Kobe?
...and I will say it again. You cannot compare the two, because Bryant is not Jordan.

Just because Jordan did it, does not mean that it's okay for KOBE to do it. 
Doesn't even make sense what you are saying. You wasted pages in this thread ragging on how bad of a teammate and leader he was but Jordan did the same things.  And thats your response?  "because Bryant is not Jordan". 
laugh.gif

If you are gonna troll at least make up a semi-legit rebuttal.  Not that.  Skip Bayless is disappointed in you

Doesn't even make sense what you are saying. You wasted pages in this thread ragging on how bad of a teammate and leader he was but Jordan did the same things.  And thats your response?  "because Bryant is not Jordan". 
laugh.gif

If you are gonna troll at least make up a semi-legit rebuttal.  Not that.  Skip Bayless is disappointed in you
There you go with your straw man arguments again.

Pathetic, but what else would I expect? I mean, you are enamored with a phony, then comparing him to Jordan, the original.

Last edited:
You look really foolish in here ShortStroke..

You get rebutted every time.. And every time you just ignore it, and say Next like you've made a good point.

Man you said George Mikan is top 10 all time. You know who agrees with you... NOBODY..

You keep making criteria for top 10. Then when someone gets Kobe into that criteria, you move the posts further.

NBA has never been more popular internationally.. Who is the most popular player internationally? Even more popular than international-born players?

You keep moving the goal posts.. Further and further.. And you keep getting outsmarted..

It's pretty much common knowledge that most fans, most analysts, most players, most coaches, most GMs, most basketball historians have Kobe top 10. But here you are posting away.. Angry at Kobe for whatever reason, and crying that everyone is making fun of you in this thread.

You're acting like an absurd child.

But fascinate me again and tell me about Finals ratings. And how Lebron is the face of the NBA, but each of Lebron's finals have less draw than Kobe's last finals.

Last edited:
You look really foolish in here ShortStroke..
You get rebutted every time.. And every time you just ignore it, and say Next like you've made a good point.
Man you said George Mikan is top 10 all time. You know who agrees with you... NOBODY..
You keep making criteria for top 10. Then when someone gets Kobe into that criteria, you move the posts further.
NBA has never been more popular internationally.. Who is the most popular player internationally? Even more popular than international-born players?
You keep moving the goal posts.. Further and further.. And you keep getting outsmarted..
It's pretty much common knowledge that most fans, most analysts, most players, most coaches, most GMs, most basketball historians have Kobe top 10. But here you are posting away.. Angry at Kobe for whatever reason, and crying that everyone is making fun of you in this thread.
You're acting like an absurd child.
But fascinate me again and tell me about Finals ratings. And how Lebron is the face of the NBA, but each of Lebron's finals have less draw than Kobe's last finals.

More lakers fans than Heat fans means more ratings...

That's not the point he's making.. He's talking about a ratings dip in the NBA.. Then proceeds to say well Lebron's the face of the NBA.. And say Kobe ratings this, Kobe ratings that.

Then he posts the ratings and Lebron's ratings are worse. Including having the worst rated Finals of All Time in his first trip.

He then talks about attendance dipping.. Come to find out the Lakers have the highest attendance percentage on the road. And tied with the Heat for overall attendance percentage..

Just post after post after post of nonsense..

Yet, he still thinks he's doing something noble when general consensus of every sector of basketball is that Kobe is Top 10 all Time.

Yet this guy still putting Mikan in his top 10.

[h1]Kobe Bryant Third Most Disliked NBA Player[/h1][h1] [/h1]
[h1]In a recent survey, it was revealed that the most disliked NBA player was one that has never won a championship and has never appeared in an All-Star game. Forbes.comreports that New Jersey Nets forward and ex-husband of Kim Kardashian, Kris Humphries, is the most disliked player in the league.[/h1]
Miami Heat star LeBron James comes in at second and right below him is  Kobe Bryant  at third. Tony Parker and  Metta World Peace  round out the top five.

http://www.lakersnation.com/kobe-bryant-third-most-disliked-nba-player/2011/12/22/

Last edited:
[h1]Kobe Bryant Still More Hated Than LeBron James[/h1]

Sep 15, 2010

That's bad, and I don't know how LeBron can sleep at night. (Probably under a quilt of ostrich feathers wrapped in fresh silk spun by enslaved silkworms, on an apartment-sized waterbed alternately filled with cognac and Pérignon.) But I'm drawn instead to that last fact -- not the cognac-champagne bed filling schedule, but that LeBron is still just the sixth most hated sports figure. Who on Earth do people like less than LeBron right now? And wait, there's an NBA  player on that list? There's an NBA player more hated than LeBron James?

Five-time NBA champion and former MVP Kobe Bryant.
http://www.aolnews.com/2010/09/15/kobe-bryant-still-more-hated-than-lebron-james/

Last edited:
It's pretty much common knowledge that most fans, most analysts, most players, most coaches, most GMs, most basketball historians have Kobe top 10.

Agreed.

Longstroke you didn't answer my Tim Duncan question. Is he a top 10 player of all time ? Did he ever carry the NBA ?

so long stroke just keep going to ignore the question and post lame picture whenever stuff get handed to him lol . hey you know its time to throw in the towel when you cant argue anymore lol right? oh by the way he even post picture with name calling message lol. reported

[h2]LeBron James – NBA Fans Love Winners[/h2]
Hate in sports, especially the American kind, is often a passing thing. Especially when it has no real grasp on actual occurrences  The trend of wishing LeBron James all the worst is gone and forgotten, as the man everyone wanted to hate and see fail for about two years is the most popular in the NBA over the last six months according to the jersey sales numbers.

The NBA finals and the changing of the guard (leaving Kobe Bryant and the aging Celtics behind) certainly have had their effect on things, as LeBron James and Kevin Durant lead the list of the most popular jerseys among NBA fans. Kobe Bryant is third; Derrick Rose, not playing basketball for quite a while, is fifth. Jeremy Lin, the sensation of last season, now that he’s no longer in New York, has fallen out of the top 15.

http://sportige.com/lebron-james-nba-fans-love-winners-11-2012/

Last edited:
so long stroke can you find at least 5 nba players who said kobe is not top ten?
losing stroke lol:lol:

[h2]Kobe Bryant The Most Selfish Player in the NBA[/h2]
We all remembered just five years ago he scored 81 points against the Toronto Raptors—and he took 46 shots and 20 rebounds (more than have the shots taken by the rest of his teammates).

For eight years (from 1996 to 2004) Kobe formed a dynamic duo with Shaquille O’Neal and

Kobe Bryant: LA Lakers 24

dominated the basketball world winning three consecutive NBA Championships (2000, 2001, 2002) and making an NBA Finals appearance in 2004 (which they loss to the Boston Celtics). Both he and Shaq could have dominated the NBA world for much longer—had he not been an egotistical, selfish pre-Madonna. He couldn’t handle sharing the spotlight with Shaq. Alongside O’Neal, Kobe could have easily won more than three championships. But we all know how the drama played out—there would only be one alpha-male in Tinsel Town. As if his ego wasn’t big enough Kobe gave the Lakers Organization an ultimatum they had to make a choice—it was either him or the diesel. The Lakers eventually traded O’Neal to the Miami Heat and rewarded Bryant with a hefty $136 million dollar contract.

Talk about kicking a guy when he is down, Kobe decided to throw Shaq under the bus even further as was evident in an police report affidavit while battling what became public knowledge of the first of many indiscretions (Vale Colorado, sexual assault case, Vale Colorado in 2003)—he went on record saying he should have paid off his alleged accuser like Shaq does with all his women—paying off some of them with upwards of $1 million to keep quiet.

The feud between Kobe and Shaq became so toxic that former Lakers head coach Phil Jackson wrote a tell all book called The Last Season: A Team in Search of Its Soul –detailing how unruly, selfish and how much of a pre-Madonna Kobe Bryant really is.

http://blog.mad4flash.com/2012/02/kobe-bryant-the-most-selfish-player-in-the-nba/

For the sixth consecutive year, his jersey was the top seller in China,

[h1]LeBron James, Knicks top lists[/h1]
MIAMI -- LeBron James  is atop the NBA's jersey-sales list once again.

The Miami Heat  star has the league's hottest-selling jersey, marking the third time the NBA's reigning MVP and Finals MVP has held that distinction. James was No. 4 in the most recent rankings, released in April.

[h4]Jersey Sales, April through Nov. 26[/h4][table][tr][th=""]Player[/th][th=""]Team[/th][/tr][tr][td]1. LeBron James[/td][td]Heat[/td][/tr][tr][td]2. Kevin Durant[/td][td]Thunder[/td][/tr][tr][td]3. Kobe Bryant[/td][td]Lakers[/td][/tr][tr][td]4. Carmelo Anthony[/td][td]Knicks[/td][/tr][tr][td]5. Derrick Rose[/td][td]Bulls[/td][/tr][tr][td]6. Rajon Rondo[/td][td]Celtics[/td][/tr][tr][td]7. Dwyane Wade[/td][td]Heat[/td][/tr][tr][td]8. Blake Griffin[/td][td]Clippers[/td][/tr][tr][td]9. Dwight Howard[/td][td]Lakers[/td][/tr][tr][td]10. Chris Paul[/td][td]Clippers[/td][/tr][/table]

Since then, all he's done is win his third MVP award, a second Olympic gold medal and help the Heat win the NBA championship -- the franchise's second and his first.

"It's an honor to be No. 1," said James, who last had the league's best-selling jersey in April 2011.

The league released its latest sales-rankings list on Wednesday, with the New York Knicks  leading the team-sales category for the first time since December 2004.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8685543/lebron-james-miami-heat-returns-top-spot-nba-jersey-sales

Last edited:
You just posted an article saying LA "loss" to the Celtics in 04.......um, its "lost" and they spelled Pistons wrong.

And when did Kobe score 81 points with 20 rebounds "have" the Lakers total? Half, has no v in it.

This is an article that you take meaning from, for reals?

[h2]Smush Parker Calls Kobe Bryant a Diva Who Ignores Teammates[/h2]
Kobe Bryant and Smush Parker are no longer teammates, which is probably just as well considering the bad blood between the two. Why are the L.A. Lakers so prone to dissing each other?

Bryant talked to the press today, and one of his remarks has extremely upset former Laker point guard Parker, who played on the team in 2005-06. Apparently Bryant still has a chip on his shoulder over losing that year’s NBA MVP trophy to Steve Nash, and blames the loss on his teammates.

Bryant told reporters:
“I tell Steve, you won MVP, but I was playing with Smush Parker. He shouldn’t have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on.”
Not surprisingly, Parker has come out swinging, claiming Bryant is still angry because he once called the Laker star “overrated.”

Parker told TMZ that Bryant was a diva who wouldn’t even talk to his teammates, stating:
“Kobe told me out of his own mouth that I couldn’t talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren’t deserving enough for me to talk to him.”
Well, nobody ever said Kobe Bryant was modest, but come on!  

http://ronireports.com/2012/10/12/smush-parker-calls-kobe-bryant-a-diva-who-ignores-teammates/

Last edited:
You just posted an article saying LA "loss" to the Celtics in 04.......um, its "lost" and they spelled Pistons wrong.
And when did Kobe score 81 points with 20 rebounds "have" the Lakers total? Half, has no v in it.
This is an article that you take meaning from, for reals?
Grammar police, 'eh?

Einstein had horrible grammar, most of which was published, but he was on point with the Theory Of Relativity, wasn't he?

That should tell you something. Maybe YOU are doing something wrong.

Now, you cats enjoy all that I've posted!  There is plenty for you to sift through, especially those of you who claim that Kobe even has the top selling jersey...

pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom