Is Kobe Bryant Currently The Third Best Player In League?

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Any argument about Player A vs B will be subjective.
I don't agree with the other person that MJ without rings was the best in the league, again subjective. 

The arguments for Lebron are also subjective, there is no way to determine without a shadow of a doubt that any player is the best in the world at any given time because it's a matter of opinion. 

BTW I know you know that all the stuff I say with the jokes are non-sense and I appreciate you not going all crazy on me for it. I am trying to add a little humor to this ridiculous argument that cannot be won.
laugh.gif
All subjective at the end of the day. Will continue this when LeBron actually wins a ring.
grin.gif

Sidebar, kids these days talking about being the biggest Money fan on the board, but they born in the 90's... Come on now, only old grown folks like CP can appreciate seeing someone live rise to the top and fall down too at the end.  

lol@ everyone in this thread. NOBODY is correct because there is no right answer. Its opinions....

smh at all these long drawn out back and forth posts.

seriously all for nothing

Originally Posted by NobleKane

lol@ everyone in this thread. NOBODY is correct because there is no right answer. Its opinions....

smh at all these long drawn out back and forth posts.

seriously all for nothing

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

23 > 24

i see you didn't pass first grade math
roll.gif

--KB > Durant. Durant is a baller and he is that dude. But he doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same context as Bean. Yet.

Originally Posted by BIG SIPPIN SPENDIN CHEESE

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by SouthsideChi773

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by BIG SIPPIN SPENDIN CHEESE

^^^ how is it true that he wasnt the bestplayer in the league?

were you even alive during 1989 and 1990?

jordan was the best player in the league from '87-'98

only thing bird,isiah,and magic had over him were stacked teams.

once mike got a complete team it was over.
I'm the biggest Jordan fan on this board, and there's no way you can tell me that Michael Jordan was the best player in the league in '87-'90.

Rings mean EVERYTHING. He didn't have any, so no, he wasn't.

He was the best player 89 and 90 at least.And then he went to having the best team while remaining the best player.
Yeah I'll give him '90 also. But '87 - '89? I can't go.

indifferent.gif

im not trying to argue on here so this will be my last post but,

mike wasnt the best in 88 when he won the mvp,defensive player of the year,scoring title,and slam dunk contest?  SMH

if you were born in 1992 you shouldnt even try to comment on jordan,i was born a whole decade before that and still was too young to truly abosorb everything he did

True,also the title of the thread say "player" not team.

And to the Kobe's fans stop trying to take away from Shaq. Shaq was the leader of those teams,but don't take that to mean Kobe wasn't playing All-World ball.

I'm kinda torn on this topic. Kobe is the best player by default because a Finals MVP last season tops everything. Kobe has to repeat this year to keep that best player tag. Anything less and Bron is the best player. Back to back regular season MVP's would make it difficult to argue otherwise. (I don't see anybody beating Bron for MVP this year).

LOL @ Mike not being the best player in the league in 88-89.

32.5 ppg
.538 FG%
8.0 rpg
8.0 apg
2.9 spg
0.8 bpg

Oh yeah, neither Bird nor Magic won the championship that year BTW. Isiah did. So I guess that means 88-89 Isiah > 88-89 MJ. And while we're at it, 97-98 MJ > 88-89 MJ, just cause he won a ring? LOL @ this idiotic logic, I don't even need to bring up extreme examples like Chauncey Billups to prove how idiotic this logic is. I wouldn't even care if people weren't such hypocrites and crucify Paul Pierce after he made the statement that he was the best in the world when the Celtics won the championship and he won Finals MVP. And it's not that Pierce's statement was just slightly bothering. People were outraged.

^^^ Yea this ring argument is the dumbest thing ive ever heard....... basketball is a team sport so how is rings relevant when comparing two individual players.. that is seriously the only thing kobe has over lebron right now. the ONLY thing.. do people not remember that lebron took the cavs to a finals when his only scoring help was daniel gibson and sasha pavlik and big Z.. are you serious? when kobe has had shaq, gasol, odom, artest, ariza.... the rings argument is silly... seriously.... and to say jordan wasnt the best player in the league in 87-90 is just ******ed.... when it comes to individuals rings means nothing... basketball is a TEAM sport.. teams win rings not individuals..

Seriously guys. Get a girl, a hobby (non-computer), or just go outside. The reason for these irrelevant best player in the L posts are beyond me and pathetic. Waste of NT if you ask me.

No intelligent thoughts in threads like these. Just desperate homer-ism.

LeBron is the best player in the league. But, it's still Kobe's league. LeBron has to win a ring in order to take his spot. That's the way its always been in the NBA.
And Durant is lumped in with about 5 or so players right after them.

This thread might have been a waste of time after it turned into a Kobe vs LeBron battle, but for the people who only post to tell other people it's a waste of time is a waste of time in itself. What a waste of time I just posted this too. SMH.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

This thread might have been a waste of time after it turned into a Kobe vs LeBron battle, but for the people who only post to tell other people it's a waste of time is a waste of time in itself. What a waste of time I just posted this too. SMH.

roll.gif

Man LeBron is better then Kobe right now as in currently and this season. Kobe still taking my last shot though.

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

LeBron is the best player in the league. But, it's still Kobe's league. LeBron has to win a ring in order to take his spot. That's the way its always been in the NBA.
/thread

Originally Posted by vanexellent

I can take Lebron being #1 over Kobe but no way Durant is better then Kobe, Melo, Wade, or Dirk. And I only put Lebron over Kobe due to passing, age, size and athletic ability.
Kobe averages 27, 5 & 5 on a contender...if he played on Thunder with only the Playoffs as their goal I think his averages would be better then the 29, 7 & 3 that Durant does and this wouldnt even be a story...well it really isnt a story anyway just media trying to make something out of nothing

BINGO!!!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

/thread
There we go, the smartest OPINION in the entire thread.

NONE of y'all are going to make me stop, and change my opinion and VICE VERSA. So everyone needs to let this thread go and understand that it is going no where and all there is going to be is constant arguments. Jesus aint coming in here and spittin real talk about whos the best NBA player.

NOBODY has the killer instinct, clutchness, the COMPLETE offensive AND defensive(not so much the past couple of weeks i will admit) package that Kobe has.
NOBODY has the talent, size, and explosiveness that Lebron has. Is LBJ taking my last shot? HELL no, id take 3 or 4 other people before Lebron to take the shot with my teams hopes on the line.

LBJ can fill up a stat sheet like nobody else, Kobes IQ is unmatched to anybody in the world. If both were 20 years old coming out of the draft right now, I would take Kobe in my OPINION.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

32.5 ppg
.538 FG%
8.0 rpg
8.0 apg
2.9 spg
0.8 bpg

Oh yeah, neither Bird nor Magic won the championship that year BTW. Isiah did. So I guess that means 88-89 Isiah > 88-89 MJ. And while we're at it, 97-98 MJ > 88-89 MJ, just cause he won a ring? LOL @ this idiotic logic, I don't even need to bring up extreme examples like Chauncey Billups to prove how idiotic this logic is. I wouldn't even care if people weren't such hypocrites and crucify Paul Pierce after he made the statement that he was the best in the world when the Celtics won the championship and he won Finals MVP. And it's not that Pierce's statement was just slightly bothering. People were outraged.
You have to look at it like this.  When you have 2 players that are very close in overall talent, the edge has to go to the guy that won the championship the year before.  You have to look at what each player did against the highest level of competition.  Bron struggled a bit against the Magic while Kobe lit the Magic up and got that Finals MVP. 

These dudes play 82 games a year, they don't even play hard in all of the regular season games.  The playoffs this year will determine who the best player is. 

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

/thread
There we go, the smartest OPINION in the entire thread.

NONE of y'all are going to make me stop, and change my opinion and VICE VERSA. So everyone needs to let this thread go and understand that it is going no where and all there is going to be is constant arguments. Jesus aint coming in here and spittin real talk about whos the best NBA player.

NOBODY has the killer instinct, clutchness, the COMPLETE offensive AND defensive(not so much the past couple of weeks i will admit) package that Kobe has.
NOBODY has the talent, size, and explosiveness that Lebron has. Is LBJ taking my last shot? HELL no, id take 3 or 4 other people before Lebron to take the shot with my teams hopes on the line.

LBJ can fill up a stat sheet like nobody else, Kobes IQ is unmatched to anybody in the world. If both were 20 years old coming out of the draft right now, I would take Kobe in my OPINION.
Smart man right here.

As far as I'm concerned, the NBA belongs to Kobe until he retires or says otherwise.

Originally Posted by cguy610

32.5 ppg

.538 FG%

8.0 rpg

8.0 apg

2.9 spg

0.8 bpg

You have to look at it like this.  When you have 2 players that are very close in overall talent, the edge has to go to the guy that won the championship the year before.  You have to look at what each player did against the highest level of competition.  Bron struggled a bit against the Magic while Kobe lit the Magic up and got that Finals MVP. 

These dudes play 82 games a year, they don't even play hard in all of the regular season games.  The playoffs this year will determine who the best player is. 

Struggled against the Magic?? STRUGGLED? You must have him confused with BUM-o Williams. He averaged 38.5 points, 8.3 rebounds and 8.0 assists (no, these are not typos) in that Magic series and apparently this is struggling..
laugh.gif
So apparently just because his team lost in the end, he struggled.

When you have 2 players that are very close in overall talent, the edge has to go to the guy that won the championship the year before.

Yeah, way to create a custom definition of who's the better player: Just enough not to put Paul Pierce over Kobe in 2009, but enough to put Kobe over LeBron in 2010. So in the end, Kobe always ends up on top according to these conditions.
eyes.gif

It's really annoying how people adapt to their circumstances and customize the criteria of what makes a player the best in the league to fit the credentials of the player that they're repping at that particular point in that player's career. Back in the mid 00s when the Lakers were lottery bound or perennial first round dropouts, for some reason having your team winning wasn't an absolute requirement for an individual player to be considered the best in the league.

Originally Posted by cguy610

32.5 ppg

.538 FG%

8.0 rpg

8.0 apg

2.9 spg

0.8 bpg

Struggled against the Magic?? STRUGGLED? You must have him confused with BUM-o Williams. He averaged 38.5 points, 8.3 rebounds and 8.0 assists (no, these are not typos) in that Magic series and apparently this is struggling..
laugh.gif
So apparently just because his team lost in the end, he struggled.

laugh.gif
at the Bum o Williams comment.  In a couple of those games Bron had alot of turnovers.  I probably should rephrase it, for "playoff LeBron", he struggled in a few of those games against the Magic. 

Half of this thread is nonsense and I haven't read through it, but I had to comment on this last thing
There's absolutely no way you can say Lebron struggled against the Magic. The CAVS struggled, but Lebron did everything he could.

Just because I'm bored I looked up Lebron vs. the Magic and his turnovers

6 turnovers in game 2, but they won.
8 turnovers in game 4, and they lost, but he also had 44, 12, and 7
next game he had 4 turnovers, and they won, he also posted 37, 14, and 12.

If that's struggling, then I would completely accept that.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

I'm wasting my time right now by telling you its a waste of time that you told me I was wasting time for telling people in this thread that there posts are a waste of time.

I aint the greatest Lebron fan, but Struggling agaist the Magic
roll.gif

Oh Gawd
laugh.gif
if his team were to do better and actually held their part his numbers wouldnt be like that.

None-the-less Lebron did not struggle

Back
Top Bottom