Is Kanye a top 10 rapper of all-time?

:rofl:

You can't be serious. I don't even rock with Em like that, but this is just a foolish question.

I'm done arguing with y'all kids man.

Em has way more "The real slim shady" and "without me" type songs then he has "mockingbird" and "cleaning out my closet" type songs fam. What are you talking about?

My favorite eminem song is "kill you". Talking about killing your wife and raping your mom isn't content with real substance IMO but Wayne won't get the pass huh?

:stoneface:

Every greatest list anyone makes is based on whose raps they like first and foremost.

:lol: so you just throw being objective out the window

Im done

I dont like nas & em and i put them top 10

Be objective stop letting your animosity towards one man cloud your judgement

"I dont like the way he raps"

Straight Outta Compton
AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted
Death Certificate

All are considered Hip Hop classics by most, what are Lil Wayne's?

Last edited:

Im done

I'm the biggest jay-z hater on NT but would never omit him from a top 10 list. Y'all fellas just got something against Wayne

Straight Outta Compton
AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted
Death Certificate

Straight outta Compton is a Cube solo album? Huh

Well Wayne put bling bling in the dictionary since we're just bringing up any ol accomplishments rappers have under their belt. When you wanna talk about a rapper who transcended hip hop to the main stream masses but still had core hip hop fans listening to his music then you'll be able to make a top 10 list and include Wayne. Y'all boys please stop with y'all nonsense.

To the die-hard Wayne fans here, is Wayne better than Kanye? Just curious.

a793cd74_tumblr_inline_n7ahk7V2Yh1qkztg5.gif

To the die-hard Wayne fans here, is Wayne better than Kanye? Just curious.

I'm a much bigger kanye fan than Wayne fan but I'll say Wayne's overall influence as of right now is greater than kanye's. Give kanye 5 more years and a couple more hits and that'll change but lil Wayne has been a name in hip hop for about 16 years and doesn't go more than a year without being on a hit song.

Still tryna remember cube's last hit...

I'm the biggest jay-z hater on NT but would never omit him from a top 10 list. Y'all fellas just got something against Wayne

Straight outta Compton is a Cube solo album? Huh

Well Wayne put bling bling in the dictionary since we're just bringing up any ol accomplishments rappers have under their belt. When you wanna talk about a rapper who transcended hip hop to the main stream masses but still had core hip hop fans listening to his music then you'll be able to make a top 10 list and include Wayne. Y'all boys please stop with y'all nonsense.

Still not one classic album listed

Hold up didn't Cube just drop some weird *** song about twerking or selfie or some **** lol

Im done

My animosity towards a man who has an album in my top 5?

Music is not objective. Look up the word objective...you cannot define greatest rapper without being subjective.

If you don't like someone but put them on your top 10 you're still being subjective. You personally feel something they have done qualifies them for that postion. That's subjective.

And also you're laughing saying I said I don't like Wayne's newer raps but Y'all have been saying is subjective stuff about why Wayne is better than Cube, because it's music and there is no way to prove better....all subjective.

I'm a much bigger kanye fan than Wayne fan but I'll say Wayne's overall influence as of right now is greater than kanye's. Give kanye 5 more years and a couple more hits and that'll change but lil Wayne has been a name in hip hop for about 16 years and doesn't go more than a year without being on a hit song.

Cube focus is not on music anymore. You making it seem like he's still dropping album after album without a hit record. Clearly he's more into making movies now.

The hell that got to with anything. :lol:

Cube was making hits through the late 80's and 90's.

Carter 1 and/or 2

Against AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, Death Certificate, The Predator. Stop.

Hold up didn't Cube just drop some weird *** song about twerking or selfie or some **** lol

You wanna got through all the garbage Wayne been dropping for almost 5 years now? :lol:

I don't understand how anyone can argue Kanye>Wayne.  And frankly I think modern day Wayne is trash, but his imprint on the game is undeniable.  Flame Suit on :frown:

Cube focus is not on music anymore. You making it seem like he's still dropping album after album without a hit record. Clearly he's more into making movies now.

Cube being a movie star now has nothing to do with the last time he had a hit a record. People can say what they want about Nas and last time he's made a hit record but you remember when "I can" was a hit record and you know that illmatic is a top 10 album. Undisputed facts. Cube ain't had a hit in a LONG time

The hell that got to with anything. :lol:

Cube was making hits through the late 80's and 90's.
Against AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, Death Certificate, The Predator. Stop.

I'll give you AmeriKKKa's most wanted but that's it

I don't understand how anyone can argue Kanye>Wayne.  And frankly I think modern day Wayne is trash, but his imprint on the game is undeniable.  Flame Suit on :frown:

Again I am a huge kanye fan and him and Jeezy have been my two favorites since their debut albums have dropped but if we're talking pure lyricism which I thought a top 10 rappers list would be based on, you cannot put kanye over Wayne. You just can't.

Quoted for truth

Straight Outta Compton
AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted
Death Certificate

While this is very true, Wayne has classic mixtapes. Yes plural. If anyone is seriously debating who is better overall between Cube & Wayne, I seriously think your inhebriated. Please let NT know what Cube does better than Wayne? Other than have better overall album catalogue.

Kanye is better overall than Wayne. "Freshman adjustment" tapes are on par with Wayne's best tapes and Kanye's discography is a no contest to Wayne's. Kanye is the most talked about person in 2014 and beyond. Wayne is still a megastar but Kanye is just the best artist in the game right now, today.

Regarding Wayne top 10 status, if were talking overall combining lyrics. success & originality, I don't see how Wayne isn't in anyone's top 10 when he officialy retires. Other than Pac, Em, Jay, and maybe DMX who has seen success even a tad bit close to Wayne's?

Just off top

Chainz
Nicki
Sean

Who's the reason they all rap like that?

No substance just a bunch of clever lines back to back

Stop trying to deny waynes impact on hip hop

Cube being a movie star now has nothing to do with the last time he had a hit a record. People can say what they want about Nas and last time he's made a hit record but you remember when "I can" was a hit record and you know that illmatic is a top 10 album. Undisputed facts. Cube ain't had a hit in a LONG time
I'll give you AmeriKKKa's most wanted but that's it

Again I am a huge kanye fan and him and Jeezy have been my two favorites since their debut albums have dropped but if we're talking pure lyricism which I thought a top 10 rappers list would be based on, you cannot put kanye over Wayne. You just can't.

How old are you?

The length of time Ice Cube has had a hit or good song? I Can?

That's like saying Rakim isn't great, because he hasn't had a "hit" or "classic" album lately. :smh:

Ice Cube should be in everyones top ten, but most don't listen to lyrics, aren't knowledgeable or old enough to know. I hate how people use the comparison in order to belittle someones career. Lebron is great, but he ain't Michael Jordan though. :smh: What does Nas have to do with Ice Cube?

Then to praise Lil Wayne while disrespecting Ice Cube. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom