Is Iverson going to have a sig shoe

I like Kanye though.

And like I just said before, show me a Reebok basketball shoe that performs like the Huarache 08/09 or Zoom BBs. IS there such a model I could try to sway mymind on your favorite company?

I'm not even trying to argue, you're just dodging questions now.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^Dude, exactly what I was wondering. Champs (which was said to be the exclusive retailer) doesn't have them either in store or online, and the officialReebok site has random sizes; it's not even a full release. What the holy hell is going on, Reebok? WHY WON'T YOU LET ME BUY THE SHOES?!?!???

Originally Posted by Turbo Mopar

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Can't try them if there isn't one kid.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Kid? You're only coming in here only to bash a sneaker brand. How old are you?
roll.gif
I was in here to bash IVERSON's, not the entire Reebok brand, but it turned into that.

Now, i'm just trying to find a better shoe than the ZOOM BB and the HUARACHE 08/09 FROM NIKE but can't do so due to lack of product.

/thread

no kidding.. reebok is slackin somethin major right now. i wanted to get a pair for my bball season... we only have 1 regular season game left this weekendbefore playoffs. smh.

So the nearby Champs now has an Allen Iverson display for the Answer XII. I didn't have time to stop in and check it, but it looks like it was just thePistons colorway (white/red/blue). I'm probably gonna cop soon and at least try them on and see how they fit. I'll let you know.

Champs' website doesn't look like it has them online yet, but the official Reebok online store now has more sizes up for sale.

Champs at Stonestown Mall here in SF already have them...saw them in person, the white/blue-red colorway. Very simple. Might get other colorways but not thisone

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

http://www.eastbay.com/ca...eyword=reebok+basketball

List of Reebok Basketball shoes on Eastbay. Any of them better?
Actually the Answer X is far better than either of the shoes you previously mentioned, The original Answer IV's as well. I liked the ReebokVoyage, Pump Showstopper and the New Answer XII's... if I were to pick a good performing Nike BBall shoe, I'd mention the 2K5 or Lebron 2, those weregreat Nike BBall shoes.

Originally Posted by nitzski

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

http://www.eastbay.com/ca...eyword=reebok+basketball

List of Reebok Basketball shoes on Eastbay. Any of them better?
Actually the Answer X is far better than either of the shoes you previously mentioned, The original Answer IV's as well. I liked the Reebok Voyage, Pump Showstopper and the New Answer XII's... if I were to pick a good performing Nike BBall shoe, I'd mention the 2K5 or Lebron 2, those were great Nike BBall shoes.
yep. hasnt been any shoe to replace my azg2s

Originally Posted by solematic j21

im having a feeling that this is gonna fail
It hasn't had a good start of course, and with such a tumultuous season for Allen that only compounded the problem.

Probably with the trade early affecting the release and all (but no reason I can think of why the Nuggets colors ones didn't just come out if they weresitting around), being delayed until the regular season is nearly over and there's speculation on Iverson's back injury even being legit at this pointand thus he isn't playing right now. (which ties-or proves a sad point to the naysayers- into that IX commercial about the injuries of which are detailedon the insole for effect too, nice touch when I bought and saw it)

But Iverson product sells regardless. Check out how his ASG jersey is sold out everywhere online, everyone else is still in major sizes/runs. And yes,"nobody wears jerseys anymore" and with such a generic design this time around(besides that NBA Jam looking meter bars up the side that could havebeen way better). Fans, collectors, whoever. It sold.

Still they can probably recover from all of it and not turn this into Wade's deal with the 2-3-4, and in one of his best MVP caliber/comeback seasonshe's wearing his OG sigs, preference, superstition, doesn't like the 4, whatever.

Since some Reebok worker bee stepped in, to nobody in particular my quick impressions and some ideas, plausible for the brand or not.

Just fix that DMX air transfer, retro the Answer 1 white/red soles this time around too with that fixed.
Use that I3 pressure, AF1 Mid template Reebok $60-65 shoe, that never goes away - profits. (Or make more of those OTC, "off the clock"lounging/gym/light trainers, no need to put in a ton of development and money into them that gets wasted even if it produces some hot models sometimes."Keep it simple stupid" method since that worked for you guys for a long time.)
Reebok ID site for Questions(1 not the 3 currently avail.), with suede toe option included. Someone loved the JRich worn Mich St. Greens? Let them get it,please.

That'll hurt resale prices(good) but bump up availability(also good) on stuff like that Special Edition, PE, Yellow/Blue 2000 Oakland ASG ones that you seeon eBay sometimes (or even in a Kasier commercial by some old cat hopping around due to his good health), but par for the course.

Reebok original dmx air transfer system is awesome, I don't know why they're not utilizing it in the iverson line. It's such a shame.

Well his jersey isn't the only one sold out, but I see what you were getting at.
Of course not, but in how popular he still is and got voted in from the start of voting in and held that lead even with a move back East-whetherthat helped or hurt due to less quality All Star lv guards as starters whom voters thought were worthy (finally Vince didn't get more than his due). So itcould have sold out quicker, just the point is that it still sold out due to his iconic stature/undue or not.

Didn't mean to repost or sound preachy if you already got it so ignore and its just to clarify if nothing else but taking space as an empty repost.

Lots of sizes went fast after the Answer XII went up on Reebok.com even in only the generic TB like colors and Nuggets, without any advertising.
Huge wait by fans in the know and looking everywhere, all the time for it may have contributed better than advertising could have though.

I also like finally expanding upon Hexalite in not just Question 1 that comes around so often retro and retro lifestyle omni pumps that's usuallyunresponsive/brick hard, into new Hex-Ride so maybe eventually they do get a viable alternative to Nike Zoom(if that's not DMX transfer air in a lowercut/compression), if its feasible for them to want to compete in that arena with Nike or just perfecting their own air system in like Asics Gel runners andforgoing similiar/alternative to Zoom markets altogether. Could be risky without the market share to risk and take big losses on new tech that doesn't getpicked up and is not projected for profit until they do sell a minimum large # of product and simply tread water with things that will be safe and make money.Tough times economy, what're you gonna do. Already way behind Nike, and adidas has more retro product to fall back on, including skate/simple lifestylethat's not retro markets not to mention NBA's current major money exclusive deal.

Nike isn't flawless.

They are just 1,000,000 times better than Reebok in EVERY aspect possible. When's the last time AI had a commercial from Reebok? Was it the one with Jada for the A5?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
its funny to equate commercials with the quality of product...i don't think anyone would say that ford makes better product than lamborghinidue to the fact they have more adverts? i think know what you were trying to say but i thought it was just something to point out. i prolly do not need tosay this, but it has to be known, iversons and the reebok brand in general does not have the luxury that jordans & brand jordan/nike enjoy as far ascache, and the blind confidence, loyalty, & trust that people have in nike truly remarkable...thats no knock on the people that blindly believe what isbeing sold to them, nike built that on the strength of their past products and their ability to market those products, however as a result no matter how wack(not saying that nike/jordan puts out alot of subpar stuff but there definitely some) or expensive the shoes that come out are people are going to copregardless because of of those factors. having half the association and college teams in their sneakers helps too in comparison to the fact that the only bigname guys @ reebok are yao & ai and one division 1 university (bc). the aforemention zoom bb 1 is a great bball shoe, it is also retailed @ $110; whichhad that same shoe @ that pricepoint been released by any other brand most would it would have been seen as questionable...no it isn't that reebok(or anyother brand for that matter) doesn't make shoe that perform as well as nike, but indeed that people don't thinkthat other brands make shoes that perform as well as nike's which has to do with much more than just the products being put on the shelves...part of thatis that the other brands have not done what is necessary to convince people otherwise, & part of it is also that people have not given other brands thechance to do so.
Champs (which was said to be the exclusive retailer) doesn't have them either in store or online, and the official Reebok site has random sizes; it's not even a full release. What the holy hell is going on, Reebok? WHY WON'T YOU LET ME BUY THE SHOES?!?!???
the answer xiis are actually pretty limited, due to the amount of orders recieved not because reebok is trying keep them, so you'll likelyhave to do some searching to get your hands on a pair...

I didn't "equate commericals to quality of product"...just showing that they don't take care of their flagship athlete.

Originally Posted by Executive76

Reebok did this sig line dirty it started out so well and after VI just went downhill
frown.gif

word...iversons used to be siick...now they are pretty much on the same level as starburys...just over priced

Originally Posted by tokes99

Nike isn't flawless.

They are just 1,000,000 times better than Reebok in EVERY aspect possible. When's the last time AI had a commercial from Reebok? Was it the one with Jada for the A5?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
its funny to equate commercials with the quality of product...i don't think anyone would say that ford makes better product than lamborghini due to the fact they have more adverts? i think know what you were trying to say but i thought it was just something to point out. i prolly do not need to say this, but it has to be known, iversons and the reebok brand in general does not have the luxury that jordans & brand jordan/nike enjoy as far as cache, and the blind confidence, loyalty, & trust that people have in nike truly remarkable...thats no knock on the people that blindly believe what is being sold to them, nike built that on the strength of their past products and their ability to market those products, however as a result no matter how wack (not saying that nike/jordan puts out alot of subpar stuff but there definitely some) or expensive the shoes that come out are people are going to cop regardless because of of those factors. having half the association and college teams in their sneakers helps too in comparison to the fact that the only big name guys @ reebok are yao & ai and one division 1 university (bc). the aforemention zoom bb 1 is a great bball shoe, it is also retailed @ $110; which had that same shoe @ that pricepoint been released by any other brand most would it would have been seen as questionable...no it isn't that reebok(or any other brand for that matter) doesn't make shoe that perform as well as nike, but indeed that people don't think that other brands make shoes that perform as well as nike's which has to do with much more than just the products being put on the shelves...part of that is that the other brands have not done what is necessary to convince people otherwise, & part of it is also that people have not given other brands the chance to do so.
Champs (which was said to be the exclusive retailer) doesn't have them either in store or online, and the official Reebok site has random sizes; it's not even a full release. What the holy hell is going on, Reebok? WHY WON'T YOU LET ME BUY THE SHOES?!?!???
the answer xiis are actually pretty limited, due to the amount of orders recieved not because reebok is trying keep them, so you'll likely have to do some searching to get your hands on a pair...

Well said sir.

Originally Posted by three6mafia

Originally Posted by Executive76

word...iversons used to be siick...now they are pretty much on the same level as starburys...just over priced

If you honestly think this, you REALLY need to check yourself. The last 3 or 4 pairs of Iversons have been on par with other sigs whether you admit it or not.I like to think, after 25 years of ball and numerous (at least 200) pairs of shoes played in, I have a pretty solid opinion, and since the 8's theIverson's are on point with materials, comfort, and traction. The cushioning may not be Zoom, but it does the job the way it should. But I guess from yourSig. I can see why you hate Reeboks. Have fun getting rid of those over-hyped XV's. Now there was a Starbury copy.

Back
Top Bottom