Is it worth getting a PS3 right now?

Any help would be very appreciated. I'm strongly considering getting a PS3 very soon. I was just wondering if there are any bundles coming out soon orPS3's with the dualshock controllers that would make me want to wait and get one. Once again, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

june, 80gb Metal Gear bundle.

80gb ps3
new MGS Game
also comes with the new DS3 controller with built in rumble

i hate these threads
indifferent.gif

as already stated, metal gear bundle coming out w/ dualshock 3 i believe.

honestly i would cop the ps3 60gb off ebay, just because it came w/ the emotion engine chip.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

i hate these threads
indifferent.gif

honestly i would cop the ps3 60gb off ebay, just because it came w/ the emotion engine chip.
grin.gif
then dont respond. i've had a 360 since release and havent been paying attention to any of the ps3 news. for the guys that were helpful, thanks.its sounds like a great deal, but i dont know if i can wait. i really want it for the blu ray player more than anything else.

Originally Posted by nickthesneakerkid

i hate these threads
indifferent.gif

grin.gif
then dont respond. i've had a 360 since release and havent been paying attention to any of the ps3 news. for the guys that were helpful, thanks. its sounds like a great deal, but i dont know if i can wait. i really want it for the blu ray player more than anything else.

i still gave you a positive response so relax.
alien.gif

i hate these threads
indifferent.gif

grin.gif
then dont respond. i've had a 360 since release and havent been paying attention to any of the ps3 news. for the guys that were helpful, thanks. its sounds like a great deal, but i dont know if i can wait. i really want it for the blu ray player more than anything else.

alien.gif
you're right. my apologies and thank you. is there a definite price for the mgs bundle?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

june, 80gb Metal Gear bundle.

80gb ps3
new MGS Game
also comes with the new DS3 controller with built in rumble

Yep.

i hate these threads
indifferent.gif

grin.gif

alien.gif
you're right. my apologies and thank you. is there a definite price for the mgs bundle?

$499.99 plus you will have backwards compatibility with the 80gb.

so far...the only bluray player convertible to the upgrade in firmware (2.0) at a reasonable price.

I'm just waiting for the MGS4 bundle or whenever the hell a white one drops. For those who bought a white Japanese version from play-asia, the onlydifference is regular DVD's, right? Everything else from games and BR DVD movies are still fully compatible? And can the menu can be changed to englishtoo? I might just do that

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

I'm just waiting for the MGS4 bundle or whenever the hell a white one drops. For those who bought a white Japanese version from play-asia, the only difference is regular DVD's, right? Everything else from games and BR DVD movies are still fully compatible? And can the menu can be changed to english too? I might just do that

I know you can change it to English... Another difference is that instead of confirming things in the menu with the "X" button, you use"O" or circle.

with 80GB, you don't get full backwards capacity...but that bundle is your best bet. Plus it comes with the Dual Shock 3, and MGS4....just wait.

I have a 60GB (which IMO is the best). If you reeeeally want to cop one ASAP, just get a 60GB off eBay. I don't see why they stopped production for these.

Originally Posted by JFKTV

with 80GB, you don't get full backwards capacity...but that bundle is your best bet. Plus it comes with the Dual Shock 3, and MGS4....just wait.

I have a 60GB (which IMO is the best). If you reeeeally want to cop one ASAP, just get a 60GB off eBay. I don't see why they stopped production for these.
what's so special about the 60gig as opposed to the 80gig that's in stores now? also, do any of the ps3's come with hdmi cables?

I'm hoping for a price drop this holiday season, and tryyyyying my best to hold out till then....We'll see.. In the mean time i'm trying to cop aVoodoo Omen or HP Blackbird instead
devil.gif

-Sun

what's so special about the 60gig as opposed to the 80gig that's in stores now? also, do any of the ps3's come with hdmi cables?
well, first off theres NO 80gb in stores at the moment
laugh.gif
, production stopped in January, the only one out at the momentis the 40gb. differences between the 80 and 60 are that the 60gb has FULL ps2 Backward compatibility due to hardware emulation while the 80 does it throughsoftware, resulting in less titles being able to play on the ps3

and no, no ps3 come with HDMI cables

I'm trying to convince my wife to let me get a PS3 for the bedroom as we have a 360 in the front room already. I've come across some pretty decentprices on Craigslist.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

well, first off theres NO 80gb in stores at the moment
laugh.gif
, production stopped in January, the only one out at the moment is the 40gb. differences between the 80 and 60 are that the 60gb has FULL ps2 Backward compatibility due to hardware emulation while the 80 does it through software, resulting in less titles being able to play on the ps3

and no, no ps3 come with HDMI cables

Yeah but what games are not compatible with the 80gb? All the ones your probably interested in will play... Plus the newer 80gb coming this June shouldhave the smaller chip in them, meaning it will run even cooler and use less electricity. Probably not a deal breaker to most, but I love that kind of stuff
laugh.gif

word thats one thing i always tell customers at work when theyd be looking at the 80 after being disappointed about the 60 going away. i ask them what gamestheyre looking at still playing, majority of the time its BIG name games, then tell em theyre compatible

My first one (sold it)
2eaox8m.jpg

My second one (played it for a week and sold it)

21jx02h.jpg

and when I get my paper in April, I'm gonna buy another one and KEEP it
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom