Is it safe to say that the NFC East is the most overrated division?

...at times yes...but overall no....NFC East standings and division games are usually far more intriguing than any other NFC division.

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

For the most part the NFC East is always the best division, sorry it cant dominate every season. Its just a down year so far.
actually i proved that to be a myth also in the NFC post like two months ago.

It gets more coverage than any other division because of the markets involved, but it's nearly always overhyped as a division.

Stating your opinion =/= to refuting a fact. You gave no criteria as to how the teams/division is overrated (Would there really be any? You got a fourmula worked out?). You only harped on the fact that all 4 teams happen to play in big markets, have strong fanbases and are "marketed" more.... Mythbusters
laugh.gif

Jetpac- NFCEast swept the NFCSouth last year 4-0. Dallas beat CAR this year. Tampa Bay lost to all 4 NFCEast teams. Thats like the last 10 games, one win. Saints over Giants. I dunno...maybe I'm crazy?

wrong bucko - i dug up some stats to back up who has actually performed as the best divisions... but nice joke smarty pants.

Aside from the Saints...and maybe the Falcons..the rest of the division is extra weak this year for the NFC South.

NFC West is a joke...no further comment needed.
laugh.gif

NFC North is competitive usually and if there was ever a division in the NFC to rival the East in terms of competition it's the NFC North...

Detroit doesn't count...for obvious reasons...so it's really a 3 team division. The Vikings are undefeated...the Bears lost yesterday but still havethe ability to win games if their on their A game...and Green Bay is off and on...Rodgers is joy to watch IMO when he's working on all cylinders.

In summary...

as far as divisions go, the North may rival the East from a competitive aspect, but in terms of the usual playoff suspects every year...New York, Philadelphia,Dallas, and Washington (not this year though)...are always a toss up...

Like I said, based on the competitive nature of the NFC East...drafting and off season signings included...the NFC East is usually far more intriguing than anyother NFC division....large market talk is irrelevant...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

people in here hyped cuz the saints got a w lolololololol ... lets be real, the skins suck but the cowboys/eagles/giants are all better than everyone in the south ...
The 'boys better than the Saints and Falcons? How about no.
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

For the most part the NFC East is always the best division, sorry it cant dominate every season. Its just a down year so far.
actually i proved that to be a myth also in the NFC post like two months ago.

It gets more coverage than any other division because of the markets involved, but it's nearly always overhyped as a division.

Stating your opinion =/= to refuting a fact. You gave no criteria as to how the teams/division is overrated (Would there really be any? You got a fourmula worked out?). You only harped on the fact that all 4 teams happen to play in big markets, have strong fanbases and are "marketed" more.... Mythbusters
laugh.gif

Jetpac- NFCEast swept the NFCSouth last year 4-0. Dallas beat CAR this year. Tampa Bay lost to all 4 NFCEast teams. Thats like the last 10 games, one win. Saints over Giants. I dunno...maybe I'm crazy?

wrong bucko - i dug up some stats to back up who has actually performed as the best divisions... but nice joke smarty pants.

No only thing you posted was cumulative wins by divisions for either last year or the year before. As it was the NFC East happened to be tied for first withthe AFCE. You didn't even factor in the that by playing each other we weaken each other (There has to be one loss and one win right). Find the stats forcumulative division wins EXCLUDING the six inter-divisional games. I'd bet my balls the NFCE would lead the standings.

Most divisions in recent years seem to be one team at the top getting 12-13 wins and the other three 8-8 or under (Seahawks, Colts, Steelers), Pats) or constant turrnover at the top of the divison (NFCN, NFCS). Plus I think its either been 3-2 time in the last 4 years that three NFCE teams would make theplayoffs. No other divison has done that ONCE.

Like I said most of what you were doing was harping on the coverage the NFCE teams recieve. Nothing substantial.
mythbusters-episodes.jpg

Which one is the complainer on the show? I think its the one with the goatee and "ooh la la" beanie. That's you, Craftsy.

*Correction
You didn't even factor in the that by playing each other we weaken each other
I didn't mean to type that, that holds true for all inter-divisional games. Point is, find the stats for cumulative wins excludinginter-divisonal games.

Back
Top Bottom