Is It Possible To Be In Love With Two Women At The Same Time?

Love?

I've never seen it happen or heard of it so I can't say one way or the other...

Then again, which large society do you know of that trains people to think about love in this manner?

I mean we're trained to find ONE person and be monogamous. On that accord we might reject anything that challenges that without actually trying it.

I dont know how much polygamist cults or societies ACTUALLY LOVE (depends what you mean by "love" too) their other partners either and I've never seen anyone look into that so it could be interesting.
EDIT:

This question is the result of society moving away from standardized definitions of what things are and actually trying to arrive at objective conclusions and clear justifications. 

Dogma has plagued much of what we accept blindly and thinking minds are starting to fight back. 

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Yeah, I think it's really possible. The question is, why WOULDNT it be?

ok Seeko....
go on.........

I'd say yes because I just don't think love is a black and white thing.
Everyone experiences it differently.

If you loved the first, you wouldn't have fallen in love with the second.

If you can't understand that, you probably don't know love.

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

If you loved the first, you wouldn't have fallen in love with the second.

If you can't understand that, you probably don't know love.

eek.gif

Love happens when you let go. If you let go with two people and allow yourself to be, it will happen, however, being in love requires a LOT of time and resources that most people dont have. If I DID have the time and resources, I wish I could love every girl in the world.

Spoiler [+]
Young moola babeh...

Agree with sillyputty.

I am going to assume love exists....which i don't really believe....and assume humans are monogomous....which i also don't believe

That being said:  People have different aspects of their personality and different girls can fill those aspects.  I understand "you look for the girl that fills most of them"  But lets say.  There is the super cute girl that you love.  Does what you want doesn't argue with you will be a great mother to your kids type.  And then there is the wilder girl that still wants kids still would make a great mother but fills the crazier void.

They both can fill 80-90% of your needs but one might pick up 10% that the other doesn't and vice versa.  I think you can equally love both of them.

Now is this likely.....no because you would have to fall for the one girl and allow yourself to be open to love anther without pissing off the first girl in fear of losing her.  Or she has to be ok with all that.  So likely no.....but def possible

I think it's possible to be in love with two people at the same time. Often we don't allow ourselves to get remotely close to someone else in the same sense we would to our significant other because let's face it, it's morally wrong. If given the opportunity to have your cake & eat it too (that is to have your committed bf/gf & also spark something else on the side) we would see that we could very easily develop feelings for the second, and inevitably these feelings will turn into love.
I really don't think it has anything to do with loving the first person as much as it is being willing to step out of that & find someone else to juggle a relationship with.

there are differences between...

loving someone
being in love with someone
infatuation

a lot of times its hard to tell the difference

I think its possible. It may be a different kind of love for each person, but there is something about each person that keeps you from saying i'll leave this one and go to the other. Especially when sex isn't a big factor as to why you like either. Like Seeko said it would take time and dedication to get to that level though.

Back
Top Bottom