Is it necessary to listen to your iPod while driving?

I've seen so many people doing it, but isn't it hazardous with the headphones blocking the sounds?

ive always wondered how these people hear someone honking at them. Maybe its their hands-free for their phone.

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

I've seen so many people doing it, but isn't it hazardous with the headphones blocking the sounds?

I've done that before when I was in a rental with no CDs or an iphone adapter.

Radio in non-major cities FTL.

Not that serious. There's your explanation. People want to jam an extensive library while driving. Sometimes, CDs, iphone adapter, or built in hard drive(sorry we dont all drive benz, bmw) are not available.

You should probably pay more attention to the road instead of staring long enough at the next driver to notice he/she has a earphones on.

Seriously, Where they do that at?
eyes.gif

never seen anyone do it... i listen to my ipod in the car, but i just plug it in to the tape deck and use the car speakers

It's legal to have one earbud in as far as I know. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to use a bluetooth either. Why do you need to hear honking anyway?And how is it different than the people than turn their car systems up so you can hear them from a block away?

I don't do it because I have an iPod hookup but I don't see the big deal. I refuse to drive if I'm not listening to music...

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Not that serious. There's your explanation. People want to jam an extensive library while driving. Sometimes, CDs, iphone adapter, or built in hard drive (sorry we dont all drive benz, bmw) are not available.

You should probably pay more attention to the road instead of staring long enough at the next driver to notice he/she has a earphones on.

Seriously, Where they do that at?
eyes.gif

- ive done it/do it too. i only use one bud (not both) so i can still hear sirens/horns if i have to.

- at my job sometimes we have to transport vehicles and you can get caught up without cd's and i refuse to listen to the current trash on the radio.so...yeah, i pop my head phones into the BB and use one bud for listening. whati do is no worse than talking on the phone with an earpiece
eyes.gif

- out of all the things people do on here that they claim is no big deal this one fits the bill for sure

*EDIT*

Originally Posted by Nash

one earbud is legal in CA

-
pimp.gif

http://www.kyw1060.com/Police-Continue-to-Investigate-Deadly-Crash-in-Dre/5012547

Police Continue to Investigate Deadly Crash in Drexel Hill

by KYW's Michelle Durham

Upper Darby officials continue their investigation into a fatal accident that was apparently caused by a distracted driver.

Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood says the accident happened 11:30am on Friday outside of the Delaware County Memorial Hospital in Drexel Hill. Two girls were on the sidewalk when they were struck.

Chitwood explains why the driver Rachel Jankens from Havertown lost control:

"She apparently was having problems with her iPod, reached down, wasn't paying attention, and lost control of the vehicle."

Nineteen- year-old Nicole Gallo of Clifton Heights was pronounced dead at the scene. The woman walking with her, 20-year-old Christine Bochanski of Lansdowne is in critical condition.

The driver suffered minor injuries. No charges have been filed. The accident investigation continues.

smh.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Not that serious. There's your explanation. People want to jam an extensive library while driving. Sometimes, CDs, iphone adapter, or built in hard drive (sorry we dont all drive benz, bmw) are not available.
This. I have radio but I refuse to listen to that crap they call music, and NPR gets boring when they aren't giving the news.

My stupid Volvo's stereo reset when I took the battery out, so I've been stereo-less for a while. I use my earbuds. Let's be real, it's notmore dangerous then slapping music in the car.

It seems dangerous

I thought of doing it once but then I was like what if someone is honking at me or something like that

base_media

I have one of these that I break out whenever there's a chance of me driving a car that doesn't have a AUX/iPOD imput.

Back
Top Bottom