Is it just me or does Kobe seem hella corny??

You have a point sir. Though Kobe is my favorite player, he tries too hard sometimes (which I can relate).

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

He's the best hooper on the planet no doubt and one of my favorite players, but seriously from just watching his inverviews and seeing video of him with other players he just seems so corny to me...like sometimes I think he says or does things that he thinks is funny and everyone else kind just goes along with it or laughs cuz i mean its kobe...

Even that gun stuff he was doing last night was corny...and I know wat yall are thinkin...I'm just salty cuz he gave my nuggets work and maybe I am a little...but even be4 that I thought he was corny..maybe its cuz he grew up in italy or somethin....but idk...I could give more examples but I figure some of yall know what I'm talking about..
From what I've heard he's way different off camera. On camera he's like A-Rod... they got the same thing going on... theyact conservatively because they want people to like them or something.

Kobe is NOT corny.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

He's been a lame since 1995 when we were introduced to him.

He's an incredible player though. And for me, that over weighs it

word - he's my favorite player, maybe of all time at this point.. but he's definitely a different dude, like people have said.

I don't think the post-start sounds salty at all.. and like i said, i'm hoping Kobe keeps rolling his team, so i'm not being biased here..There's definitely something a lil awkward about Kobe, he just seems like he tries too hard sometimes for the cameras and the media - too much toeing theline for me, trying to be the guy everyone wants him to be and never really showing his own personality (assuming he has one).

"I got this...I GOT THISSS...Trust ya boy? You trust ya boy?"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

word - he's my favorite player, maybe of all time at this point.. but he's definitely a different dude, like people have said.

I don't think the post-start sounds salty at all.. and like i said, i'm hoping Kobe keeps rolling his team, so i'm not being biased here.. There's definitely something a lil awkward about Kobe, he just seems like he tries too hard sometimes for the cameras and the media - too much toeing the line for me, trying to be the guy everyone wants him to be and never really showing his own personality (assuming he has one).
Yea and I'm not trying to hate on Kobe like that cuz like I said he's my favorite player next to AI...its like a lot of yall are saying...itseems like he tries to hard sometimes or its obvious he's just not a very social person by nature so some of the stuff he says or does sounds awkward...andyall can say im salty which im not trippin cuz I knew thats how'd it seem but obviously there's plenty of people that feel what im sayin...

maybe corny was too harsh a word but its the only word I could really think of

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I don't think the post-start sounds salty at all.. and like i said, i'm hoping Kobe keeps rolling his team, so i'm not being biased here.. There's definitely something a lil awkward about Kobe, he just seems like he tries too hard sometimes for the cameras and the media - too much toeing the line for me, trying to be the guy everyone wants him to be and never really showing his own personality (assuming he has one).
Yea and I'm not trying to hate on Kobe like that cuz like I said he's my favorite player next to AI...its like a lot of yall are saying...it seems like he tries to hard sometimes or its obvious he's just not a very social person by nature so some of the stuff he says or does sounds awkward...and yall can say im salty which im not trippin cuz I knew thats how'd it seem but obviously there's plenty of people that feel what im sayin...

maybe corny was too harsh a word but its the only word I could really think of
Well this is just what the PUBLIC sees

I bet you a million dollars he's DEFINITELY different if you were just kickin it or somethin.

I remember Barkley last year while Kobe was on Inside the NBA, Barkley was like after hanging out with you watching the games I saw & learned about adifferent person then I had just seen on TV.
So there's evidence #1 to back up what I'm saying.

I mean not EVERYONE is going to be able to act how people "think" someone should act in public you know what I mean?
Some people are timid, some people are not good public speakers, some people are thinking too much instead of just acting themselves, etc etc....
Even random people in general across the country do this very thing.

I agree 100%. Kobe's been my favorite player since MJ retired and I definitely get this impression...personally, I do get the feeling he's kinda aloner who just is dedicated to working on his game 24/7. I think def. in recent years he gives the politically correct answer or does his best to portray acertain image.

nah i disagree. i don't even like the lakers, but i respect Kobe the most out of all the superstars because he seems down-to-earth and approachable, unlikeLeBron. that's imo.

He's prolly just like that on camera....which makes me believe he's prolly real chill off camera. But hey what do I know......never met the guy

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

kobe is corny as hell

even mj is more gangsta then him

and mj is like the most-white black dude ever

And what the hell does Kobe have to do with MJ?

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

"I got this...I GOT THISSS...Trust ya boy? You trust ya boy?"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

lol....kobes voice was in my head reading that..
people can judge him all they want, they find the littlest things to hate on him..and still, hes thebest player today..
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

kobe is corny as hell

even mj is more gangsta then him

and mj is like the most-white black dude ever

What exactly makes MJ "the most white" black dude ever? As a Black person, I'm honestly interested to know what is Black and whats not...

Back on topic, I don't think Kobe is that corny. He's just tryna get his reputation back and to push his clothes/shoes so he's got to have thatPR-friendly demeanor. Nobody knows the real Kobe except what the media shows us so we can't comment. Back when Jordan was playing, the vast majority offans thought he was a nice, easy-going, pleasant guy because thats how he was when he was on camera aka Showtime. But, well, he was ruthless as hell inpractice and when it came to dealing with team-mates. Nobody would have though Michael JORDAN would call someone else a "flaming f*******". Sothere's a very large difference between someone in public who is aware they are being watched and then a person in their natural setting feelingcomfortable. The media can make or break people's perceptions of athletes so its always best to just remember we don't KNOW these people personally..

I do get the feeling he's kinda a loner who just is dedicated to working on his game 24/7. I think def. in recent years he gives the politically correct answer or does his best to portray a certain image.

His dedication is very appreciated and I'd rather have him give politically correct statements than opening his mouth and giving the media something toexploit him.

When you ball the way Kobe does you can be the corniest dude on the planet. I like the timing of this post, night after dude drops 49 this post is made.Do youreally think he's corny or are you just salty and have nothing to do.

Eh, to me it seems Kobe has that MJ/A-Rod thing going on where he plans out his answers and doesn't say anything too outlandish word to Andrew Bynum

I'v met Kobe a few times... he seems like a real chill guy, but I don't know him like that
Anyway, I hope he goes on Inside the NBA when he retires, he was amazing on there. He really gelled with the guys and he provided great analysis.

Back
Top Bottom