Is it just me, or does it seem like Breast Cancer Awareness Month is more profit scheme than fundrai

lowkey i think the same think too
probably works best cuz well its breast and we all love breast :pimp:

Breast cancer awareness month is about much more than money, if simple minds am try and comprehend that. It's about spreading the awareness of a illness that affects both men and women. Teaching proper methods for in-home checkups and the importance on getting check-ups at the clinic.

It's absolutely misused but I think overall the intent is good. I'll try to find a clip but I saw a news report on companies selling pink products during October without any donations to breast cancer research. :smh:

Generally, I do appreciate that certain products donate a (small) portion of the proceeds to breast cancer research and I support them. I also supported Livestrong but I've done a 180 on that organization...whole different story. It does unfortunately become an additional opportunity to profit for many companies but if money truly does go to research, it's a plus.

It sucks that it turns into things like I

I hope someone with a little more time and energy could come in here and school yall on prostate cancer. The numbers are bleek for men, but tt doesnt garner anywhere near the attention it should.

I hope someone with a little more time and energy could come in here and school yall on prostate cancer. The numbers are bleek for men, but tt doesnt garner anywhere near the attention it should.

Because they can't create some cute gimmick around that and sell to a large number of men and women. Women especially can't show support without coming off as hoeish.

Let me just throw this out there but in no way and i trying to compare these unfortunate illnesses to one another. Breast cancer and diabetes is important to my life because of how close it hits to home.

Just want to make sure this thread doesn't turn into a "my cancer is more serious than yours" type of thread.

Let me just throw this out there but in no way and i trying to compare these unfortunate illnesses to one another. Breast cancer and diabetes is important to my life because of how close it hits to home.

Just want to make sure this thread doesn't turn into a "my cancer is more serious than yours" type of thread.

I don't think we're going that route, just saying prostate cancer should get just as much awareness.

For the NFL it is:
Colts' Reggie Wayne violates NFL uniform code in support of Chuck Pagano
4:05 PM, Oct 8, 2012 |
Comments

A
A

Colts WR Reggie Wayne was decked out in blue and white ... and pink and orange Sunday. / Mike Fender, The Indianapolis Star
USA Today
by Nate Davis, USA TODAY Sports

Filed Under

USA Today sports
USA Today gameon

View media item 117824
Reggie Wayne was so intent on showing support for Indianapolis Colts Head Coach Chuck Pagano, that he violated the NFL's less-than-flexible uniform code on Sunday.

Wayne, who showed Pagano and his teammates plenty of love by catching 13 passes for a career-high 212 yards and the game-winning touchdown in Indy's 30-27 upset of the Green Bay Packers, wore orange gloves and an orange mouthpiece as the color signifies awareness for leukemia, the disease Pagano is battling in an Indianapolis hospital.

NFL players everywhere are decked out in pink to support breast cancer awareness this month, but Wayne went off script for a coach he's known since their time together at the University of Miami (Fla.) more than a decade ago.

"I just wanted to do something, you know, for Chuck," said Wayne, who did sport a pink towel and sweat bands.

"I had some equipment guys make some calls. If they (the NFL) fine me, they fine me, I really feel like that would be a terrible thing to do, but if so, so be it, I'll go ahead and take the fine and do it for Chuck."

Here's hoping a league that obsesses over everything from face shields to sock length to messages worn on t-shirts underneath game jerseys takes a chill pill in this instance.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. When I bring this up to my friends and co-workers I get the meanest stone faces ever.

If companies market this month every year like crazy, how much money is needed for research? Other cancer organizations need to step their game up and catch up to this gimmick.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. When I bring this up to my friends and co-workers I get the meanest stone faces ever.
If companies market this month every year like crazy, how much money is needed for research? Other cancer organizations need to step their game up and catch up to this gimmick.

man, thats the name of the game, i would cash in on it too if there was some way for me to make ridic profits

Crazy part is that these non profits compete against each other for funds, so some smaller ones might get little to no attention because of the large nature of some of the more famous ones.

My favorite aunt died of breast cancer...

...IDGAF if they spend 95% of the proceeds on coke and strippers, if that 5% helps to find a cure/better treatment - then all y'all can shut the entire **** up.

...IDGAF if they spend 95% of the proceeds on coke and strippers, if that 5% helps to find a cure/better treatment - then all y'all can shut the entire **** up.
Sorry to hear about your aunt.

But you're taking that 95% away from someone who might find the cure??? At the least you are prolonging the race for the cure by mismanaging the race?

Sorry to hear about your aunt.

But you're taking that 95% away from someone who might find the cure??? At the least you are prolonging the race for the cure by mismanaging the race?

Your condolences are sincerely appreciated, and before I delve into your inquiry, let me ask this: what ISN'T exploited in this country? Is America not all about the almighty dollar?

Back
Top Bottom