Is it better to go to community college first or go straight to a university?

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

at the end of the day though its about getting the degree and stepping into some money
mother the college experience dog...

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

why go to college when you can go straight to the Pro's?
laugh.gif

Unfortunately, sports aren't my primary focus right now.
But I was on varsity basketball and we went district and lost the game.
frown.gif

That was a metaphor. College=Community College; Pros= University

Maybe you need Community College.
ohwell.gif

I'm currently in my 2nd semester of college at my local Community College. I'm going to transfer to the University of Houston after my basics are done here. I'm attending a Community College, because it's cheaper and I'm going for free.

But, like everyone else said, just be ready to work even harder whenever you get to a university. If you have a chance of going to a university for free, then do it. If you really want to save money, then go to a Community College.

Well, I hope my 0.02 cents helped. I graduated from HS in 2009 BTW, if that matters.

If that's your approach to life, you will not get very far.

Always aim for the moon bro. Even if you miss, you'll still be in the clouds.
If you can afford to go and have the credentials, start off in a 4 year University.

ehh, there is NOTHING like the freshman experience your first year of college at a University. i say, just for that alone, you should go straight to a University.

to the ppl saying eff a college experience, its more then that. its a life experience. something everyone should have the chance to do. learned a lot about my self the first year of college.

Im currently in Hs and Im going to my CC and then transfering to a university

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

why go to college when you can go straight to the Pro's?
lakers_suns_basketball_400.jpg

It depends on your situation. it could help you transition different workload from HS to college and it's cheaper but make sure the University accepts the courses.

It's the route I took. I recommend it to anyone, but especially to those that can't afford to go to a four year university out of high school or doesn't know what they want to do in life.

Nothing wrong with community college. I did 2 semesters plus summer school before I transfered to a 4-year college. Just make sure that all the classes you take are transferable. I'm not going to lie, I bombed my first semester at a 4-year and it was definitely a wake up call for me to work even harder the next semester and so on.

it depends if you want to save money or enjoy the full college experience

freshman year in the dorms is a blast

From an academic standpoint and if you came from a HS that didn't really prepare you for college, yes it is, because usually when you finish your time there, get up and complete those last 2-3 years you're already in tune with what you have to do to pass. Personally I should have done it, but because I didn't my grades have suffered to scratch and struggle just to get above a 2.1

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

If that's your approach to life, you will not get very far.

Always aim for the moon bro. Even if you miss, you'll still be in the clouds.
If you can afford to go and have the credentials, start off in a 4 year University.

not everyone's ready to face University life. it's either they force themselves into a Uni and pay more money in the long run or get themselves mentally prepared in CC then transfer to a Uni, which in the long run saves you money.

a lot of people out there are straight frontin' out of HS thinking they can endure university life. can't count on how many cats in my HS whom I thought were university bound only to find out they sucked in Uni then went on to finish their studies in a CC (not that CCs are bad of course)

Nobody can answer that for you homie.

The only responses you'll get are pertaining to those that did either one or the other. That means they have no clue what's it's like had they done the alternative first. That's the joy of it all.

Don't follow in your bros footsteps just cause. Think about the reasons of why you really wanna go to college and weigh the options. It's not as simple as CC vs. U. That's nonsense.

I went straight to UofArizona out of high school and my freshman year and it is a shocking experience. Going from no work to an unbelievable amount really hit me. I beleive CC would have prepared me better for that shock. However it is a fun experience and you will remember the uni for the rest of your life

Socially, there's no comparison. And I don't know any guys who wouldn't pay $50,000 for another year of college. Go straight to a University. The cost/benefit analysis would probably result in some sort of error on a .xls

Your other option is to go to a CC and then stay for a 5th year @college. Unless you can stay for a 6th, in which case you should do that, too.

taimaishu123-
"ehh, there is NOTHING like the freshman experience your first year of college at a University. i say, just for that alone, you should go straight to a University.to the ppl saying eff a college experience, its more THEN that. its a life experience. something everyone should have the chance to do. learned a lot about my self the first year of college. "

And four years at a university didn't teach you the difference between 'then' and 'than'? But hey you loved attending a university so much, you can now go back for a fifth time and take then-than-101.

Originally Posted by 21shots

taimaishu123-
"ehh, there is NOTHING like the freshman experience your first year of college at a University. i say, just for that alone, you should go straight to a University.to the ppl saying eff a college experience, its more THEN that. its a life experience. something everyone should have the chance to do. learned a lot about my self the first year of college. "

And four years at a university didn't teach you the difference between 'then' and 'than'? But hey you loved attending a university so much, you can now go back for a fifth time and take then-than-101.
And you can't read the button named, "quote" right underneath his post, maybe you should go back to reading 100.

23MichaelJordan
'And you can't read the button named, "quote" right underneath his post, maybe you should go back to reading 100.'
Posting from a phone, can't quote... Take a shot at another lame joke okay. Here ill go first, What did the apple say to your mother?

nothing stupid apples can't talk.

Going to a CC is perfectly fine if you're commited. Back in the day, everybody went to a CC and then transferred to a four year. Nowadays, CCs are for kids that don't care about school and want to get their parents off their back by going to school.

It's definitely a route you can consider, but just know that there'll be a lot of distractions at CCs.

If finances/costs are an issue, go the CC route.  My good friend did some years at a CC then transferred into UC Berkeley as an electrical engineering major.  He graduated with no student debt and is making 80k/yr now.

No one seems to take into factor repaying student loans until they graduate (unless you got a full ride, parents paying, etc).  I know dudes 40k+ in debt wishing they went to a CC their first 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom