Is It Bad Ettiquette For Rich Folks To Put Up Blinds/Curtains In Their Windows?

I dnt understand this or ppl in the burbs leaving their front door unlocked.

see now this is straight foolishness.

i constantly get in my girls **** bc shes from this same type of community. She alway leaves her doors unlock and wallet in the open to see in her car. shes so naive sometimes it irks the living **** outta me.

Yeah, I don't get this either. Moms always told me that there's crazy people everywhere.

Poor people aint got time for no damn sun.

Them blinds that have that string wit the lil plastic piece at the end when you pull it to the right and the blinds lock up and they got that lil plastic stick that you twist to make the individual blinds turn up or down.

Never seen those in a rich persons home.

its the i see you player, you see me, im baller, you baller, we all baller in this community

open blinds and open iron rod fences only.  so if you have a pool and when you swim everyone can see you.  same thing in golf course communities.  just wide open for everyone to see what you are doing.

Yeah, definitely noticed that in nice communities.

I live in a ghetto-ish area on the 1st floor of an apartment building facing a busy street. I don't mind the curtains open in the daytime...but everyone that passes by looks in at night. I can't count how many times I've made eye contact with random strangers :lol: "man, wtf you staring at?!?!"

my dad stays in a heavily suburban area and every summer, his sub-development and surrounding cul-de-sacs get hit at night...property crimes are not infrequent (maybe 4 or 5 reports per week), be it car or house breakins...

it what it is, i suppose...

Last edited:
I dnt understand this or ppl in the burbs leaving their front door unlocked.

see now this is straight foolishness.

i constantly get in my girls **** bc shes from this same type of community. She alway leaves her doors unlock and wallet in the open to see in her car. shes so naive sometimes it irks the living **** outta me.

:lol: Yeah she needs to chill. She's never seen a dude casually smash a window and walk off with a purse. I can attest though, when I moved to a safer neighborhood I unknowingly let my guard down in ways I never would be before. Had to retrain my senses, can't get caught slippin.

THEY GOT SO MANY ROOMS SO WHATS THE CHANCES OF THEM SEEING YOUR BROKE FACE LOOKING IN ?

Flawless victory :lol:

OP, I'm sure you know how transient DC is, and I'm sure this observation is in part a result of folks coming for areas where this is more normal. I'd speculate this is the norm in the Midwest, seems friendlier an more inviting out there to me

nah, in nice neighborhoods the dont worry about the same things, they probably leave their doors unlocked too

I don't see what any of this has to do with etiquette whether you're rich or poor.

Growing up we closed the blinds at night and when it was too hot and we had the A/C on. For me if I wake up too light the same blinds I closed last night might not open until after noon.

I swear whenever I go into a "nice" neighborhood, folks don't have curtains or blinds up. Is this some unspoken rule that I am unaware of?

I'm semi rich. Real reason is because we are too busy making money and never home to worry about our blinds

Last edited:
I'm semi rich. Real reason is because we are too busy making money and never home to worry about our blinds
roll.gif

When I drive into the city or downtown Brooklyn, I see these floor to ceiling windows without any obstructions into these banging apartments...I get mad, but then I put myself in their shoes and I would probably do the same to all the broke boys that can’t afford my living

i remember going to my sisters friends house for a bbq and they didnt have blinds in their windows... i was like aint no way im dropping a duece there :lol:

I thought I was the only one to notice this phenomena...:lol:

One winter break during undergrad, I worked as a driver's helper for UPS. My driver and I were responsible for delivering packages to Greenwich, CT. Seeing a house with blinds/curtains was usually the exception and not the rule. Many of the homes had acreage and were set back from the street, so perhaps this could explain the disregard for privacy (ironically). The limited frequency of crime could also be telling. Either way, that ishh was mad disconcerting coming from the inner city...:lol:

Dead ***, I don’t seen a house without blinds, at least. Rich or poor neighborhood. They only windows that don’t have blinds are those second level decorative windows in the foyer.

Maybe it’s a southern thing.

They aren't rich but my dad likes to leave the front door open, lets light in I guess, plus the top of the windows don't have blinds because they're half moon shaped but going up where the stairs are you can see smooth in the house so when I was coming downstairs as a kid I was always conscious of it. Doesn't show as well in the picture since I can't get dead center in front

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 8.40.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 8.40.52 PM.png
    489.8 KB · Views: 2,458
Back
Top Bottom