Is it a reach to say there is no clear cut best player in the NBA right now?

Originally Posted by Smyrthil

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I read the part where you said that Dirk, Bron and Wade were the top players right now and that the others weren't because they didn't lead their teams to the Finals.

I'm just wondering if you used that same logic the past few seasons in which I would assume that you had D12, Pierce, Kobe since they led their respective teams to the Finals in those years?
           exactly..like.. can you say Melo, Durant, Amare, Kobe, Rose, D12, etc are better than Lebron or Dwade right now??.
           Not saying the past 3-5 years.. the thread is about RIGHT NOW..

Cause we can switch it around.. lets say HYPOTHETICALLY Lebron and Dwade got swept in the first round... or lost to the Hawks or

the Sixers in the playoffs..

would you say that theyre still better than any player that wouldve made it to the finals this year??.. I highly doubt it..

You STILL didn't answer the question? Let me ask it this way, who were your best player(s) in the league over the last 3 seasons?

Somehow I forgot D-Will on my list, silly me, but put he/CP3 right next to each other

I read the part where you said that Dirk, Bron and Wade were the top players right now and that the others weren't because they didn't lead their teams to the Finals.

I'm just wondering if you used that same logic the past few seasons in which I would assume that you had D12, Pierce, Kobe since they led their respective teams to the Finals in those years?
           exactly..like.. can you say Melo, Durant, Amare, Kobe, Rose, D12, etc are better than Lebron or Dwade right now??.

Cause we can switch it around.. lets say HYPOTHETICALLY Lebron and Dwade got swept in the first round... or lost to the Hawks or

would you say that theyre still better than any player that wouldve made it to the finals this year??.. I highly doubt it..

You STILL didn't answer the question? Let me ask it this way, who were your best player(s) in the league over the last 3 seasons?

Somehow I forgot D-Will on my list, silly me, but put he/CP3 right next to each other

Skip Bayless & Rob Parker's Top 5 Players in the NBA

Skip Bayless:

1. Dwyane Wade
2. Dirk Nowitzki
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Kevin Durant
5. Carmelo Anthony

Rob Parker:

1. Dirk Nowitzki
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Derrick Rose
4. Kevin Durant
5. Zach Randolph

I don't care if Lebron didn't score a point in the entire playoffs...Zach Randolph's not ahead of him

Skip Bayless:

1. Dwyane Wade
2. Dirk Nowitzki
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Kevin Durant
5. Carmelo Anthony

Rob Parker:

1. Dirk Nowitzki
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Derrick Rose
4. Kevin Durant
5. Zach Randolph

I don't care if Lebron didn't score a point in the entire playoffs...Zach Randolph's not ahead of him

laugh.gif
@ not having bron in the top 5. c'mon now!
30t6p3b.gif

Rob Parker:

1. Dirk Nowitzki
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Derrick Rose
4. Kevin Durant
5. Zach Randolph

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
 z-bo better than kobe, dwight and bron

dwight should be in everyone's top 5 list.

laugh.gif
@ not having bron in the top 5. c'mon now!
30t6p3b.gif

Rob Parker:

1. Dirk Nowitzki
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Derrick Rose
4. Kevin Durant
5. Zach Randolph

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
 z-bo better than kobe, dwight and bron

dwight should be in everyone's top 5 list.

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by PMatic

LeBron
Dwight
CP3
Wade
Dirk
Kobe
Rose
Durant
D-Will
Westbrook  
Best list I've seen.

Why Westbrook over Melo?
He's a chucker on offense and a liability on defense. I wouldn't put Melo over any of those 10.
Melo is a chucker and a bad defender but these guys aren't
laugh.gif

Oh okai.

LeBron
Dwight
CP3
Wade
Dirk
Kobe
Rose
Durant
D-Will
Westbrook  
Best list I've seen.

Why Westbrook over Melo?
He's a chucker on offense and a liability on defense. I wouldn't put Melo over any of those 10.
laugh.gif

Oh okai.

I still feel like LeBron is the best player in basketball. Miami was a mistake for him. Big time.
1. LeBron James

2.Dwyane Wade

3. Kevin Durant

4. Dwight Howard

5. Derrick Rose

6. Dirk Nowitzki 
laugh.gif

I still feel like LeBron is the best player in basketball. Miami was a mistake for him. Big time.
1. LeBron James

2.Dwyane Wade

3. Kevin Durant

4. Dwight Howard

5. Derrick Rose

6. Dirk Nowitzki 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

LeBron
Dwight
CP3
Wade
Dirk
Kobe
Rose
Durant
D-Will
Westbrook  
Best list I've seen.

Why Westbrook over Melo?
laugh.gif

Oh okai.

Amare>Melo until his knees give out.  Melo is hugely overrated...  Classic loser's game.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

LeBron
Dwight
CP3
Wade
Dirk
Kobe
Rose
Durant
D-Will
Westbrook  
Best list I've seen.

Why Westbrook over Melo?
laugh.gif

Oh okai.

Amare>Melo until his knees give out.  Melo is hugely overrated...  Classic loser's game.

LEBRON is the Best Player in the NBA right now.. There.. I answered your question.. lol..
         Best TRUE Point Guard... CP3..

Best Shooting Guard... DWADE

Best Center... D12

LEBRON is the Best Player in the NBA right now.. There.. I answered your question.. lol..
         Best TRUE Point Guard... CP3..

Best Shooting Guard... DWADE

Best Center... D12

Nah you didn't but it's whatever...I figured you'd be contradicting yourself if you did.

I'm positive in 2008 and 2010 you didn't have Pierce-Kobe as the best players and in 2009 D12 and Kobe.

My revised list in order:

1) Wade
2) Bron
3) D12
tied at 4) Dirk and Kobe

tied at 6) CP3 and D-Will
glasses.gif
Durant
9) Melo
10) Russ

Nah you didn't but it's whatever...I figured you'd be contradicting yourself if you did.

I'm positive in 2008 and 2010 you didn't have Pierce-Kobe as the best players and in 2009 D12 and Kobe.

1) Wade
2) Bron
3) D12
tied at 4) Dirk and Kobe

glasses.gif
Durant
9) Melo
10) Russ

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

Skip Bayless:

1. Dwyane Wade

2. Dirk Nowitzki

3. Kobe Bryant

4. Kevin Durant

5. Carmelo Anthony

Rob Parker:

1. Dirk Nowitzki

2. Dwyane Wade

3. Derrick Rose

4. Kevin Durant

5. Zach Randolph

no lebron nor howard in either list
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

Skip Bayless:

1. Dwyane Wade

2. Dirk Nowitzki

3. Kobe Bryant

4. Kevin Durant

5. Carmelo Anthony

Rob Parker:

1. Dirk Nowitzki

2. Dwyane Wade

3. Derrick Rose

4. Kevin Durant

5. Zach Randolph

no lebron nor howard in either list
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I did this with the other thread, but you put a gun to my head and ask me to spit out five names, I'd say LeBron, Dwight, Kobe, Wade, and CP3.
Cool list but i'd replace Dwight with Dirk and let D Will share that spot with CP3 because those 2 are dead even imo.

Bron, Wade, Dirk, Kobe, CP3/D Will in that order.

I know its PC to put D12 in the top 5 but i cant ( unless its All Nba)because his offensive game is still a liability. Yes hes gotten better since workin with Dream but he still cant be counted on to get a bucket when it matters most, at least not yet. Hes basically a cleanup/putback monster on offense, defense is where he separates himself from everyone. Not tryin to discredit dude but i cant remember a top 5 player who wasnt his teams go-to guy.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I did this with the other thread, but you put a gun to my head and ask me to spit out five names, I'd say LeBron, Dwight, Kobe, Wade, and CP3.
Cool list but i'd replace Dwight with Dirk and let D Will share that spot with CP3 because those 2 are dead even imo.

Bron, Wade, Dirk, Kobe, CP3/D Will in that order.

I know its PC to put D12 in the top 5 but i cant ( unless its All Nba)because his offensive game is still a liability. Yes hes gotten better since workin with Dream but he still cant be counted on to get a bucket when it matters most, at least not yet. Hes basically a cleanup/putback monster on offense, defense is where he separates himself from everyone. Not tryin to discredit dude but i cant remember a top 5 player who wasnt his teams go-to guy.

1) Wade
2) Bron
3) D12
tied at 4) Dirk and Kobe

glasses.gif
Durant
9) Melo
10) Russ
 ^^ Actually I didnt have Pierce.. cause since that wheelchair incident...I was like NO WAY lol.. hahahaa
but D12, Kobe in the Magic-Lakers finals?? yes... and Kobe vs the celtics in the finals??.. yes I did..

So, I'm not contradicting myself... 

1) Wade
2) Bron
3) D12
tied at 4) Dirk and Kobe

glasses.gif
Durant
9) Melo
10) Russ
 ^^ Actually I didnt have Pierce.. cause since that wheelchair incident...I was like NO WAY lol.. hahahaa
but D12, Kobe in the Magic-Lakers finals?? yes... and Kobe vs the celtics in the finals??.. yes I did..

So, I'm not contradicting myself... 

Back
Top Bottom