Is getting a tattoo on your neck stupid?

I want to get a tattoo on my neck but everyone tells me how it will effect my job hunt in the future. Right now I'm in university, so I don't know how long it will be till I actually go for a career search, however, cant I just cover it with a dress shirt? They also have this thing called tattoo camo which is like cream that hides your tattoo. There's also an option to remove it permanently. Do you you guys still think its kinda risky/stupid? Input welcome.

I want to get a tattoo on my neck but everyone tells me how it will effect my job hunt in the future. Right now I'm in university, so I don't know how long it will be till I actually go for a career search, however, cant I just cover it with a dress shirt? They also have this thing called tattoo camo which is like cream that hides your tattoo. There's also an option to remove it permanently. Do you you guys still think its kinda risky/stupid? Input welcome.

Why go through wearing a super tight collared shirt buttoned all the way to the top and applying make up everyday for a tattoo? If you have to do all of that I don't think it would be worth it.

Why pay for a tat if you're going to get it removed later ? The positioning on your neck also matters, shirt collars only cover half of your neck sir.

Why pay for a tat if you're going to get it removed later ? The positioning on your neck also matters, shirt collars only cover half of your neck sir.

Why go through wearing a super tight collared shirt buttoned all the way to the top and applying make up everyday for a tattoo? If you have to do all of that I don't think it would be worth it.

Originally Posted by joeykadesh

If you wear a tie to work, it would be buttoned all the way up regardless.

Originally Posted by joeykadesh

If you wear a tie to work, it would be buttoned all the way up regardless.

How about you form your own opinion and don't let anyone persuade you what to permanently do to your body.

How about you form your own opinion and don't let anyone persuade you what to permanently do to your body.

Im in professional writing and my goal is to be a journalist for a newspaper or a magazine company to the guy that asked. I want it on the neck because I feel like its expressive. I dont wanna get something stupid like a skull, but my moms name in a small Arabic font.

Im in professional writing and my goal is to be a journalist for a newspaper or a magazine company to the guy that asked. I want it on the neck because I feel like its expressive. I dont wanna get something stupid like a skull, but my moms name in a small Arabic font.

if you want to eat a hundred hamburgers and get fat go ahead.. if you want to tattoo your neck go for it.. real talk, it all depends on what you plan on doing in the future. I'm a building engineer supervisor, my boss has a tattoo that covers his forearm, and I came in with two half sleeves but i covered them with long sleeves, after i saw his and asked him how they feel about it, he said he doesnt care.. so i went and started my full sleeve. tattoos arent a taboo like they used to be. but really first impressions are everything. IMO if i saw a dude with a neck tattoo i automatically think "DIRTY or GHETTO". but it all depends on you.. i'm sleeved up on both arms, and i got a supervisor position. my job is very professional and my tattoos dont look like i just got out of jail. maybe a yakuza.. but nothing stupid

if you want to eat a hundred hamburgers and get fat go ahead.. if you want to tattoo your neck go for it.. real talk, it all depends on what you plan on doing in the future. I'm a building engineer supervisor, my boss has a tattoo that covers his forearm, and I came in with two half sleeves but i covered them with long sleeves, after i saw his and asked him how they feel about it, he said he doesnt care.. so i went and started my full sleeve. tattoos arent a taboo like they used to be. but really first impressions are everything. IMO if i saw a dude with a neck tattoo i automatically think "DIRTY or GHETTO". but it all depends on you.. i'm sleeved up on both arms, and i got a supervisor position. my job is very professional and my tattoos dont look like i just got out of jail. maybe a yakuza.. but nothing stupid

my boy is an engineer and has a fat tat on his neck. i don't even think a colored shirt covers it.

my boy is an engineer and has a fat tat on his neck. i don't even think a colored shirt covers it.

my boy is a corporate analyst and has a fat tat on his neck. i don't even think a colored shirt covers it.

my boy is a corporate analyst and has a fat tat on his neck. i don't even think a colored shirt covers it.

my boy is an accountant and has a fat tat on his neck. i don't even think a colored shirt covers it.

Back
Top Bottom