Is Finishline The Most Unprofessional Company...Ever?

Ya'll are being od sensitive imo. Just a (bad) attempt at slang usage. No different from the African Americans in the McDonald commercials. If they know the brand appeals to a certain demographic, what's the harm of marketing to them? Is it corny? Yes. Do they look like clowns? Yes. Is it unprofessional? Ehhhh. If you're sensitive to that sort of thing. I don't think they're attempting to belittle/patronize anyone in the process. Similar to a Caucasian math teacher in an inner city school telling a student "what's up, bro".

Last edited:
McDonald's doing similar things involves themselves as a brand.

Finish Line acting like this in the process will only make it look worse on brands they sell if that wrong customer comes across some of the stuff they do and upset them. That's the part about being unprofessional. Older women don't want to hear/see that when they're shopping for some elite socks for their kids. :lol:

And the fact that Finish Line is wearing those dumb polos in stores now too makes all of this even funnier. :lol:

I don't mind the actual retail stores as much, but the way they "handle" business online...via twitter, facebook, and on fnl dot com is pathetic. If you check on their facebook page alone, there's ALWAYS complaints about their online services..

As for me, I stopped messing with FNL awhile ago. If they give you a cancelled order due to long waits to find whatever product was purchased, they "hold on" to the money and keep you frustrated...this is why I kinda laugh when I see people having so many issues with FNL once they place an order for a pair of J's or something. They've had this lousy repuation for awhile now...even sending people 2 left or 2 right shoes of the same product...lmao!

Nobody's looking to sue them. It's just discussion at their lack of professionalism.

The fact that you are their target demographic means you don't see anything wrong with it.

They just try too hard to fit in with kids and that's silly.
How exactly should they try to market it with the kids, especially the generation of kids nowadays, without looking silly? Now, entertain me for a second here.. If they were to put "Are you of high intellect?" instead of "You smart bro?" or "Win gift cards, gentlemen" instead of "Win straight gift cards homie".... wouldn't that sound even sillier? I know that you can use other words to make those phrases acceptable to the general public, but all I'm saying is that they are not out of context in relation to their products and consumers. 

Now, if we are talking about their actual services then I would have to fully agree with you guys about them having lack of professionalism. No hat should ever be delivered that way, lol. 

Who said anything about suing them? Like you said... it's a discussion and all I was doing was putting my 2 cents in. Also, I don't remember the last time I bought something at Finish Line so please don't assume that I'm part of their demographic and that's why I don't see anything wrong with it.

Cats are gonna buy shoes no matter what. They could have someone on their homepage dressed in blackface eating watermelon and stirring koolaid, if they have a full size run of corks and bred xi's cats will trample special needs elderly people in the mall to be first in line. Nike's pimp hand is strong.

Shame on a shoe company marketing to their 18-30 demographic even tho that is where a large part of their money comes from. Shame on them for using a sports quote to promote themselves selling sports apparel. Get Al Sharpton on the line!

How exactly should they try to market it with the kids, especially the generation of kids nowadays, without looking silly? Now, entertain me for a second here.. If they were to put "Are you of high intellect?" instead of "You smart bro?" or "Win gift cards, gentlemen" instead of "Win straight gift cards homie".... wouldn't that sound even sillier? I know that you can use other words to make those phrases acceptable to the general public, but all I'm saying is that they are not out of context in relation to their products and consumers. 

Now, if we are talking about their actual services then I would have to fully agree with you guys about them having lack of professionalism. No hat should ever be delivered that way, lol. 

Who said anything about suing them? Like you said... it's a discussion and all I was doing was putting my 2 cents in. Also, I don't remember the last time I bought something at Finish Line so please don't assume that I'm part of their demographic and that's why I don't see anything wrong with it.

Suing them was a play on the silly post in the JB forum...

They don't have to use slang to market things. Has Nike ever used slang as a part of their marketing processes? No. They keep that 100% professional.

They push the boundaries on their products themselves and the actual ads they use, not the services they offer.

The slangs... :lol: :pimp:

Finishline provides better service than Footlocker Inc. stores, though. >D

Last edited:
Last edited:
Nope. Not where I live. You can literally walk into the store with 5 employees, the store manager, and two customers on the floor, grab a shoe off the wall, and stand around waiting for 5-10 minutes before anyone says one word to you. I've witnessed it firsthand.
They also hold most releases for employees, friends, and local college athletes. They released 5 pairs of HGG 13's to the public.

^ http://niketalk.com/t/526328/this-is-how-finish-line-does-business/0_20
For the most part, Finishline's employees have better knowledge on the products, especially in the running department. They're also required to do more for the consumers, such as bringing out three pairs and doing more demoing. But of course, there are always those who do the minimum when the store manager isn't present.

Yeah that demoing and bringing 3 shoes out is all crap. The only reason people do it is to hit their multiple and acc numbers :lol:

Do not care how finish line tweets. Ur looking to much into this my friend

Store manager @ finl- I know the twitter dude talks like that, y'all want a dilbert cat running the twitter? I mean he got Jimmies russled off not changing the way he talk?

i ordered something march 27th in the morning and got an email at 6:30 am saying this:

NICE.

It's a good feeling, isn't it? Knowing that in just a few clicks a picture on the internet has turned into the real deal, in a box, headed your way. So hold onto that feeling, it's shipping soon. Make sure to rub it in everyone's face when it arrives.

checked on it right now and order is still processing.
indifferent.gif

View media item 343572

i ordered something march 27th in the morning and got an email at 6:30 am saying this:

NICE.

It's a good feeling, isn't it? Knowing that in just a few clicks a picture on the internet has turned into the real deal, in a box, headed your way. So hold onto that feeling, it's shipping soon. Make sure to rub it in everyone's face when it arrives.

checked on it right now and order is still processing.
indifferent.gif

Probably being processed by the great sales associates. Don't worry, they're probably just demoing shoe cleaner right now and will ship your stuff soon.

I think they're trying too hard.

They're trying to match colloquial tweets and messages to their target audience, but they don't really understand their social environment. It's like the awkward kid trying to fit in with the cool kids. The "win straight gift cards homie" line just strikes me as a 45 year old dad driving his pre-teen kids around in the van and breaks their conversation asking them "Do you bros even lift??" (as he chuckles to himself and the kids stare awkwardly at each other)

With that said, I like how moosejaw handles their e-mails and correspondence. It's sarcastic, awkward, and silly, but I feel like that's their authentic business culture.

I feel like Finishline could easily send the same message: "Test your bracket, enter for a chance to win gift cards". It's short and generic, but it gets the message across in a non-awkward tryhard manner.

Also, one's intellect has little to do with how well they can select their bracket.

Last edited:
They look/sound foolish trying to use slang on their twitter and sites especially when they **** up everybody's orders. They really are unprofessional in every way. Trashy phone service, horrible website experience and asking people "are you mad bro" on twitter. Their stores are trash too.

Randy dandy moss...

The only ONLY athlete that literally had his name transferred into a verb...

MOSS'ED YOU BRO!

:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom