Is Carmelo Anthony Still Top 10? *Seriously??* 4/8/12

It might be a competition between him and Wade of who will gain the most weight after retirement.

laugh.gif
@ animal and scientific

The last time Melo was better than Durant was KD's rookie year. Let it go. It's not even close anymore.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

How do you feel about Kevin Durant's game? Statistically, they've matched up pretty well. 

Well, let's see: Durant won the scoring title the last two years, which melo has never done, while shooting a better percentage. He's also a leader, a smart player, and a winner. He doesn't make players around him worse or frustrate his coaches. So yeah, that's the difference between a B-class 'star' and one of the best players in the league.
I normally don't respond to nonsense, but:
Scoring titles mean nothing. Melo once average 28 ppg in a season where Kobe happened to averaged more. What does a scoring title really do in the long run?

Career #s

Durant  FG% .467 Carmelo .455

PPG 26.1 Carmelo 24.5

Assists 2.8 Carmelo 3.1

Rebs 6.6 Carmelo 6.3

FT% .878 Carmelo .805

You're not saying anything with the "leader, smart player, winner" crap. Melo was always the leader on the floor for the Nuggets and he's never had a losing season or missed the playoffs in the west. He's has multiple 50-win seasons regardless of player changes. He even co-existed with Allen Iverson with no on-court issues. He was a key part of USA Basketball's "Redeem Team" in '08. He went to the WCF in '09. He had surgeries for the first time in his career  on his knee and elbow last May and he hasn't looked the same since. It's been a hectic season, but now it looks more like a confidence issue. It's clearly his worst season offensively, so of course it's easy to pile on now. How a person can wait until he's having far and away his worst season and then say "this is who he always was" is beyond me. 

People have been hating on Melo and then looking to Durant as some anti-Melo to look up to, even though the numbers tell the true story. Even when Melo signed his 5-yr/$80M contract when D-Wade and Lebron signed 3-yr deals, nothing was said. When Durant signed his 5-yr deal he was praised as "loyal." SMH. I guess... 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Melo will be back. 
Use better stats and a more reasonable time frame. Why include Durant's rookie or sophomore year? These are both veteran players. Let's use the last 3 years.
Just going to use advanced stats at basketball reference because it's easy. 

[h3]Carmelo Anthony: Advanced (2009-10 to 2011-12)[/h3]

[table][tr][th=""]From[/th][th=""]To[/th][th=""]Team(s)[/th][th=""]G[/th][th=""]MP[/th][th=""]PER[/th][th=""]TS%[/th][th=""]eFG%[/th][th=""]ORB%[/th][th=""]DRB%[/th][th=""]TRB%[/th][th=""]AST%[/th][th=""]STL%[/th][th=""]BLK%[/th][th=""]TOV%[/th][th=""]USG%[/th][th=""]ORtg[/th][th=""]DRtg[/th][th=""]OWS[/th][th=""]DWS[/th][th=""]WS[/th][th=""]WS/48[/th][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]2012[/td][td]DEN/TOT/NYK[/td][td]185[/td][td]6683[/td][td]21.2[/td][td].542[/td][td].472[/td][td]5.7[/td][td]15.6[/td][td]10.7[/td][td]16.5[/td][td]1.5[/td][td]1.0[/td][td]10.7[/td][td]32.2[/td][td]108[/td][td]107[/td][td]12.4[/td][td]6.5[/td][td]18.9[/td][td].136
[/td][/tr][/table]

[h3]Kevin Durant: Advanced (2009-10 to 2011-12)[/h3]

[table][tr][th=""]From[/th][th=""]To[/th][th=""]Team(s)[/th][th=""]G[/th][th=""]MP[/th][th=""]PER[/th][th=""]TS%[/th][th=""]eFG%[/th][th=""]ORB%[/th][th=""]DRB%[/th][th=""]TRB%[/th][th=""]AST%[/th][th=""]STL%[/th][th=""]BLK%[/th][th=""]TOV%[/th][th=""]USG%[/th][th=""]ORtg[/th][th=""]DRtg[/th][th=""]OWS[/th][th=""]DWS[/th][th=""]WS[/th][th=""]WS/48[/th][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]2012[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]208[/td][td]8126[/td][td]25.3[/td][td].600[/td][td].520[/td][td]2.8[/td][td]18.5[/td][td]11.0[/td][td]14.3[/td][td]1.7[/td][td]2.0[/td][td]11.8[/td][td]31.3[/td][td]116[/td][td]104[/td][td]26.1[/td][td]10.9[/td][td]37.0[/td][td].219[/td][/tr][/table]
Look at the disparity in WS/48.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

You have to remember, he has a son now so he can't spend as much time practicing because he has to do the daddy/husband thing around the house.
Like Lebron doesn't have 2 sons and a wife,Dwight has 5 baby mommas to take care of,Kobe has 2 daughters and a nasty divorce he's going through right now and he's still playing out of his mind, Wade has 2 sons also. Are all of those keeping them from playing at the level they're playing at right now? I don't think so. All that off the court stuff is dealt with off the court. When it's time to play, everyone shows up no matter what might be going on in their personal lives.
The excuses you guys come up with are always comedy,what's next "Oh his house is huge so he has to use up a bunch of energy just to get around so he's already tired when the game starts" 
laugh.gif

In my opinion Melo in Denver from '06-'08 and maybe even '09 was top 10. He's been a shadow of his former self since being traded. 

aside from both going to the same high school, i dont see any similarities between Durant and Melo

two completely different players imo

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

You have to remember, he has a son now so he can't spend as much time practicing because he has to do the daddy/husband thing around the house.
Like Lebron doesn't have 2 sons and a wife,Dwight has 5 baby mommas to take care of,Kobe has 2 daughters and a nasty divorce he's going through right now and he's still playing out of his mind, Wade has 2 sons also. Are all of those keeping them from playing at the level they're playing at right now? I don't think so. All that off the court stuff is dealt with off the court. When it's time to play, everyone shows up no matter what might be going on in their personal lives.
The excuses you guys come up with are always comedy,what's next "Oh his house is huge so he has to use up a bunch of energy just to get around so he's already tired when the game starts" 
laugh.gif

In my opinion Melo in Denver from '06-'08 and maybe even '09 was top 10. He's been a shadow of his former self since being traded. 
not sure what's funnier, you missing the joke or you writing up an essay in response to it 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

funny-gifs-bend-it-like-be-oof.gif

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

laugh.gif

not sure what's funnier, you missing the joke or you writing up an essay in response to it 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

1d9360a26d10a67c44d0c41aa5ca09e836af72bf_r.gif

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

<By son wrote an essay an was dead serious.
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

This dude.
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JD214

laugh.gif

This dude.
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

cmHNN.gif

The funny thing is..Durant and Melo were actually on the same level as recently as a year ago. KD just does everything Melo has done a year or 2 faster and with SLIGHTlY efficiency. Aside from passing and rebounding. KD>>Melo in 2012. This year however, KD has taken his game to another level that Melo has never seen, while Melo has regressed due to a combo of injuries/being fat. Let's not sit here and act like this guy wasn't a top 8 player as recently as 2011. Now though..he's far from the top 10

Sn: Lamarcus Aldridge is overated. Idk how guys hate Chris bosh, and love Aldridge when LA is doing what bosh did in 2010 lol

Back
Top Bottom