Is an iPod touch too much for a 3 year old girl?

Just to be fair, elementary classrooms do not have 3 year olds.  Like I said earlier....big developmental difference between 3 year olds and 6/7 year olds.  For as many articles out there that are "pro" iPad for 3 year olds, there are just as many for the "con." 

Seems like SV does a nice job in monitoring the content he lets his child use via the iTouch.  However, I do think that there are more parents out there who use this type of technology as a babysitter opposed to acutally using it as a learning tool. 

If I did consider it for my own child, they wouldn't have their own....they would use mine in a very LIMITED fashion. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Seems like SV does a nice job in monitoring the content he lets his child use via the iTouch.  However, I do think that there are more parents out there who use this type of technology as a babysitter opposed to acutally using it as a learning tool. 

....now thats true. i have yet to come across another parent with an iTouch for their child that takes it and their education as serious as i do. all ive seen use it to keep the kids quiet at resturants or in the car.

...it starts at home, and while the iTouch worked wonders i use it as a reinforcement tool. to keep what i teach fresh in his head.

....oh and i agree the differences between a 3 y/o and a 6 or 7 y/o isnt the same. however, Kindergarten starts at age 5. the differences between 3 and 5 arent that great..........to be really fair.

Don't buy it for HER, buy it for yourself and let her use it for education purposes and maybe a couple minutes playing angry birds or another game.

You don't want to spoil the kid early.. they'll just want everything when they get older.

Back
Top Bottom