Is America Ready For A Mexican President?

Vote_For_Pedro_1.jpg

Im mexican by the way..

From what I seen in my community which is very diverse and I what I seen on TV I don't think a Mexican-American candidate wouldn't have enough support to become president.

From what I seen in my community which is very diverse and I what I seen on TV I don't think a Mexican-American candidate wouldn't have enough support to become president.

Originally Posted by gambit215

WaveyJonesLocker wrote:

Please. Learn your history, chile. Same thing happened after the Civil War. Afro-Americans were in positions of power, became corrupt/inept, and were banned from politics. How much more apparent would that be for the leader of our country? Especially considering the ignorant and ignoble denizens of America today?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hiram Rhodes Revels [sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiram_Rhodes_Revels#cite_note-birth-0[/sup]was the first African American to serve in the United States Senate. Since he preceded any African American in the House, he was the first African American in the U.S. Congress as well. He represented Mississippi in 1870 and 1871 during Reconstruction. As of 2009, Revels is one of only six African Americans ever to have served in the United States Senate.

Real progress huh?

And to answer OP's question? As you can see, we arent even ready for a black president right now, so having another minority serve as Commander in chief is real unlikely right now.
tired.gif

What did you find humorous?
I did not explicitly say the U.S. Congress, I was speaking on the state level.

Originally Posted by gambit215

WaveyJonesLocker wrote:

Please. Learn your history, chile. Same thing happened after the Civil War. Afro-Americans were in positions of power, became corrupt/inept, and were banned from politics. How much more apparent would that be for the leader of our country? Especially considering the ignorant and ignoble denizens of America today?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hiram Rhodes Revels [sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiram_Rhodes_Revels#cite_note-birth-0[/sup]was the first African American to serve in the United States Senate. Since he preceded any African American in the House, he was the first African American in the U.S. Congress as well. He represented Mississippi in 1870 and 1871 during Reconstruction. As of 2009, Revels is one of only six African Americans ever to have served in the United States Senate.

Real progress huh?

And to answer OP's question? As you can see, we arent even ready for a black president right now, so having another minority serve as Commander in chief is real unlikely right now.
tired.gif

What did you find humorous?
I did not explicitly say the U.S. Congress, I was speaking on the state level.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

America will never have another president of color. Just saying...
Please. Barack Obama's election should have taught you anything can happen.

Since you apparently know history infinitely better than myself, explain to me how a country that has made consistent political/social progress in the ~150 years since that awful example you propped up (I honestly have no idea why you brought that example up, it has no standing today. Please explain yourself.) will NEVER elect another president of color?

A country that not only elected a black man, but a man of an extremely alien background compared to typical Americans (brought up by a Muslim parent, spent portion of childhood in a predominantly Muslim country, lost both parents at a relatively young age, largely self-made)?

A country whose values shift steadily towards center-left policies, where the public is encouraged to embrace new and different lifestyles/beliefs? You can't tell me the media doesn't largely support a liberal agenda when it comes to social matters.

A country that inches towards a colored majority with each year, a step further each decade. Do you see a future in which a modern republic composed of colored people elect non-colored people without interruption? ChilD (not an 'e', amigo), please.

And aren't you some freshman in college? Who are you to be calling anyone a child?
roll.gif
I see nowneed to make myself more clear.  What I meant to say is that by the time America is ready to elect another person of color, America as a nation will either be in shambles or won't exist at all as we know it today. 
What I meant to elucidate in that example was that there's a huge gap between the first time people of color were in significant positions of power, and the next time. 
In your "A country" refrain, you failed to mention a progressively ignorant populace, with the middle class constantly shrinking (No bias, because I am lower class).  The easiest and most manipulated people are those that aren't educated.

I am well aware of how "child" is spelled, it was a joke.  I don't see why you are bringing up my age, as opposed to focusing on what we are discussing.

America will never have another president of color. Just saying...
Please. Barack Obama's election should have taught you anything can happen.

Since you apparently know history infinitely better than myself, explain to me how a country that has made consistent political/social progress in the ~150 years since that awful example you propped up (I honestly have no idea why you brought that example up, it has no standing today. Please explain yourself.) will NEVER elect another president of color?

A country that not only elected a black man, but a man of an extremely alien background compared to typical Americans (brought up by a Muslim parent, spent portion of childhood in a predominantly Muslim country, lost both parents at a relatively young age, largely self-made)?

A country whose values shift steadily towards center-left policies, where the public is encouraged to embrace new and different lifestyles/beliefs? You can't tell me the media doesn't largely support a liberal agenda when it comes to social matters.

A country that inches towards a colored majority with each year, a step further each decade. Do you see a future in which a modern republic composed of colored people elect non-colored people without interruption? ChilD (not an 'e', amigo), please.

And aren't you some freshman in college? Who are you to be calling anyone a child?
roll.gif
I see nowneed to make myself more clear.  What I meant to say is that by the time America is ready to elect another person of color, America as a nation will either be in shambles or won't exist at all as we know it today. 
What I meant to elucidate in that example was that there's a huge gap between the first time people of color were in significant positions of power, and the next time. 
In your "A country" refrain, you failed to mention a progressively ignorant populace, with the middle class constantly shrinking (No bias, because I am lower class).  The easiest and most manipulated people are those that aren't educated.

I am well aware of how "child" is spelled, it was a joke.  I don't see why you are bringing up my age, as opposed to focusing on what we are discussing.

Back
Top Bottom