Is a 34mbps connection good?

Originally Posted by Retrosniipes

what seniosoul said, even though it says 32mbps, it's not gonna reach that high realistically. it is still fast though...
hahaha it will reach that speed realistically

32 million bits per second=32mbps is the same as 3 millions bytes per second= 3MB/s

Originally Posted by Periwinkle

It's fast, but you'll never use even 5% of the speed my internet is rated at 54 mbps, but the fastest dl speed I ever got was around 2 mbs...
it somewhat depends on how many ppl in your area have the same service as you
and too, it depends on who you are downloading from

It's fast, but you'll never use even 5% of the speed my internet is rated at 54 mbps, but the fastest dl speed I ever got was around 2 mbs...

I only got 1.5 Mbps internet and the fastest internet available in my area is 3 Mbps. I usually download at 170 KBps
frown.gif

I could get faster internet with Comcast but I would have to give up Directv and that's not gonna happen.

I only got 1.5 Mbps internet and the fastest internet available in my area is 3 Mbps. I usually download at 170 KBps
frown.gif

I could get faster internet with Comcast but I would have to give up Directv and that's not gonna happen.

Most I've gotten is 300mbps with my new N router, it fluctuates a lot but stays above 100mbps

Most I've gotten is 300mbps with my new N router, it fluctuates a lot but stays above 100mbps

its fast but in this day and age that speed is more common than it was 5 years ago. The speed test is just a potential speed of what you can download. You can only download as fast as the other end lets you.

its fast but in this day and age that speed is more common than it was 5 years ago. The speed test is just a potential speed of what you can download. You can only download as fast as the other end lets you.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

what seniosoul said, even though it says 32mbps, it's not gonna reach that high realistically. it is still fast though...

32 million Megabits per second=32mbps is the same as 3 millions 4.2 Megabytes per second= 3 4MB/s

your numbers were waaaaay off.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

32 million Megabits per second=32mbps is the same as 3 millions 4.2 Megabytes per second= 3 4MB/s

your numbers were waaaaay off.

Speaking of internet, my home desktop for some reason can't browse anymore. AIM and STEAM (multiplayer video games) are working fine, but none of the browsers work. Firefox says "unable to connect". I noticed that on my laptop here it says Connected to: 2wire94 (name of our modem) but for the desktop it says currently connected to "network" only....Any help?

Speaking of internet, my home desktop for some reason can't browse anymore. AIM and STEAM (multiplayer video games) are working fine, but none of the browsers work. Firefox says "unable to connect". I noticed that on my laptop here it says Connected to: 2wire94 (name of our modem) but for the desktop it says currently connected to "network" only....Any help?

Back
Top Bottom