iPhone: Post everything here

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive to my local AT&T store. Ordered it on the 11th but when I look up my order status, it says it's on backorder.

I'm getting impatient.

Originally Posted by BabyJordan0312

I just want to confirm before I purchase one and ditch my BB

But is there any differance between the 8 and 16gb ?

Just space/memory size or are there any other bonus applications etc

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Also, how much is the mandatory plan?
I'm a noob
smh.gif

Alright here's the deal
On June 18th I switched from Verizon to AT&T.

The guy told me I have a month to switch or cancel or whatever.
I want to cop the 8 gig 3g Iphone now.
So can I just go back to where I got it from and cancel the new phone I got and go cop an Iphone?

What will they charge me?
Is it worth it?
I'm on a family plan, does that matter?
I'm the only one in the family that wants a different phone.

The data plan is an extra $30 a month right?
I don't know if I want to pay that much more a month.

I need help, any info. is appreciated.

SoHi most likely they will charge you for usage but that's about it. Since you're within the 30 days your good as far as major charges and such.

I copped the Invisibleshield thingy and hope its worth it, still waiting on it in the mail, any NTer reviews?

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Alright here's the deal
On June 18th I switched from Verizon to AT&T.

The guy told me I have a month to switch or cancel or whatever.
I want to cop the 8 gig 3g Iphone now.
So can I just go back to where I got it from and cancel the new phone I got and go cop an Iphone?

What will they charge me?
Is it worth it?
I'm on a family plan, does that matter?
I'm the only one in the family that wants a different phone.

The data plan is an extra $30 a month right?
I don't know if I want to pay that much more a month.

I need help, any info. is appreciated.
You can cancel your current line of service and only be charged the first month + Activation. One problem though, if you cancel it then you'll loseyour phone number and have to start a new one.

2nd option is to just exchange your phone and get the Iphone but the only problem with that is they are practically backordered and they are filling all o fthe DF(or preorders) before they got them back into the store. Meaning you'll be out of your 30 day exchange period before they get back into the store. Soyou might want to go talk to them and see how that store is working those kinds of exchanges. I know how my store is handling them but it's a managementdecision.

Originally Posted by AirMaxin1

Originally Posted by AirForce1Queen

Originally Posted by vcof2005

I have two quick questions about owning an unlocked Iphone.

1) Where do I put my T-mobile SIM card?

2) Will the Iphone require me to change my existing plan?

The top of the phone by the headphone jack, theres a small hole next to it, take a unfolded paper clip and push it into the hole, the sim card tray will pop out.

No, if your phone has the "installer" icon on your springboard go to it, and type in t-zones in the search bar, it will have hacks for the t-zones plans for 5.99. not sure on the exact specifics tho, im not a tmobile customer. if u want more info. about the internet plans with tmobile for the iphone go to howardforums.com or hackontoish forums for help with your iphone.

So if I already have an existing t-mobile data plan and switch over to an unlocked iPhone should I be good internet wise?
Yeah, you just gotta make sure your WAP is internet2.voicestream.com and both username and password are left blank.

To babyjordan..

there is no difference between the 16G model and the 8G model besides the 16 comes in white, no bonus apps or anything along those lines but if youre planningon putting movies and videos on there id go with the 16

also i just picked up the 16G, waited in like for 4 hours yesterday outside the valley fair store in santa clara
I wanted the black one too badly, till i got to the store, played with it...and then decided to go with the white
The black smudges too quickly and is very prone to scratches, if i were to sell it along the lines for whatever reason the buyer wouldnt want scratches ontheir phone...

Yo, i got a first gen iphone that is hacked, it's like version 1. something, if i upgrade to version 2.0 will it brick?

Originally Posted by kevL7

just got a 1st gen iphone. whats the best case out there?

I like the silicone ones the best, because they wont scratch the corners, and incase it falls it will provide some cushion. They some water resistant casesbut they go for about $60.

I been having problems recieving calls while using Pandora or AOL Radio. I tried calling my Iphone from a landline while using these apps. The Iphone neveralerted me when I was recieving the calls and it didn't even show a missed call when I exited the apps. Anyone else having this problem?

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Yo, i got a first gen iphone that is hacked, it's like version 1. something, if i upgrade to version 2.0 will it brick?

What ever you do dont upgrade thru Itunes.

Originally Posted by jamminbyalias

I been having problems recieving calls while using Pandora or AOL Radio. I tried calling my Iphone from a landline while using these apps. The Iphone never alerted me when I was recieving the calls and it didn't even show a missed call when I exited the apps. Anyone else having this problem?

Mine is cool. However, after the phone call is done with, it'll go back to Pandora but it won't continue playing the song. I gotta scroll to thenext joint.

Yeah don't do that...

A 2.0 Jailbreak should be out soon...possibly this week

I been having problems recieving calls while using Pandora or AOL Radio. I tried calling my Iphone from a landline while using these apps. The Iphone never alerted me when I was recieving the calls and it didn't even show a missed call when I exited the apps. Anyone else having this problem?
Are you getting a 3g signal when your doing the apps? If your not getting the 3g signal then you may be running edge which can't do voice &data at the same time.

Is the Incase Slider worth the full 35 dollars? Its looks really slick but I have heard that it cracks after a fall or two.

Originally Posted by kevL7

just got a 1st gen iphone. whats the best case out there?

incase slider posted this a few pages back looks great also. runs you about 35 + tax. bought this a few weeks ago and is holding up very well.

Originally Posted by PghShoeCollector

Are you getting a 3g signal when your doing the apps? If your not getting the 3g signal then you may be running edge which can't do voice & data at the same time.
Yeah, I had 3g turned off, turned it back on while using radio apps and I was able to recieve calls. Weird cause you can still recieve calls whileusing AIM on edge... Oh well. Thanks for the help fam. Been trying to figure it out for the past 2 days.

OK all this phone lingo is confusing. im an iphone noob and although it probably has been answered can someone explain it in "english"...

1. i have a sidekick with the sidekick plan. what plan do i
need to change to when i get my iphone to utilize all the features.

2. i heard of t-zones hack...? can somebody who has made the switch from sidekick to
iphone explain please.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

I know everyone is bashing the battery but how is it holding up throughout the day?

I usually have to charge once mid-day and again when I go to sleep-- that's with 3g, and Location Services (GPS) turned off, and Push on manual. Oncethe hype dies down for me, I'm sure I'll play with it less and the battery will last slightly longer. Right now, 1:20 PM, I have maybe 30-40 minutes ofsurf time and 15 minutes talk time and my battery is down to 75%.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Yeah don't do that...

A 2.0 Jailbreak should be out soon...possibly this week

oh, good looking out, where would i be able to find this Jailbreak when it comes out, and how would i be able to install it. ( i know nothing about thiskind of stuff
ohwell.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom