iPhone: Post everything here

i have the cingular family plan and i thought i could just buy the iphone 3g and switch the sim card, but i guess not...they said i have to do a 2 yearagreement and pay $30 extra on my bill for manditory online connect(not including text).. psht i didnt really want to use it for that i was fine with the wificonnect. is there a way just to use it as a phone w/ none of that internet stufff?

Originally Posted by rowbot626

i have the cingular family plan and i thought i could just buy the iphone 3g and switch the sim card, but i guess not...they said i have to do a 2 year agreement and pay $30 extra on my bill for manditory online connect(not including text).. psht i didnt really want to use it for that i was fine with the wifi connect. is there a way just to use it as a phone w/ none of that internet stufff?

im hoping this will still work for the 3g iphone cause i dont need internet, just an ipod with aphone
http://jefferson.wordpress.com/2007/11/29/removing-data-plan-from-the-iphone/

i have a sitation/question

My mom currently has 5 lines on a family plan. 2 of those lines are up for upgrades. Can she buy iphone 3gs for those lines at the $199/$299 price, and thenswitch them to anohter number on the family plan? This will decide if i get one on release day or not.

Originally Posted by ludex360

i have the cingular family plan and i thought i could just buy the iphone 3g and switch the sim card, but i guess not...they said i have to do a 2 year agreement and pay $30 extra on my bill for manditory online connect(not including text).. psht i didnt really want to use it for that i was fine with the wifi connect. is there a way just to use it as a phone w/ none of that internet stufff?

im hoping this will still work for the 3g iphone cause i dont need internet, just an ipod with a phone
good look mann, but i dunno pm me when you get yours at lauch date haha bc im part of my parents family plan and they would go ape shh if they sawextra charges d/t the new iphone i got. stupid at&t not everybody is addicted to the internet and need gps why does it have to be mandatory stupid shiie.we're already paying up the a** for the iphone why cant they give us a break!

forgot all about this i created a new post mods can delete the one i created i recently got a iphone unlocked it for t-mobile and was wondering if i dont havea internet plan. will t-mobile charge me for using wifi?

Originally Posted by ludex360

im hoping this will still work for the 3g iphone cause i dont need internet, just an ipod with a phone
good look mann, but i dunno pm me when you get yours at lauch date haha bc im part of my parents family plan and they would go ape shh if they saw extra charges d/t the new iphone i got. stupid at&t not everybody is addicted to the internet and need gps why does it have to be mandatory stupid shiie. we're already paying up the a** for the iphone why cant they give us a break!

yea man, ill let you know what happens next week, ill probably keep 3g for a month to see if its worth it

I've read through the last few pages and I'll try and answer some questions and clear some stuff up.

-Non AT&T customers and current iphone customers can get the 199/299 pricing.
-Sold initially at AT&T and Apple stores as well as activated in both stores.
-You need a govt. ID, SSN and credit card to get the phone
-Plans start at $70 for data and 450 min
-Texts $5 for 200, and up from there.
-$36 activation

Since people are going to have to activate the phone in store, expect the lines the first weekend to be LONG and SLOW. I'd recomend that you wait at leastuntil the weekend unless you like lines. If you have specific questions, post them here and I'll try and answer.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

i have a sitation/question

My mom currently has 5 lines on a family plan. 2 of those lines are up for upgrades. Can she buy iphone 3gs for those lines at the $199/$299 price, and then switch them to anohter number on the family plan? This will decide if i get one on release day or not.

yes. just dont tell at&t that. but before u upgrade if whoever's lines your upgrading do not have a 3G sim card (it says if its 3g or not on thesim card) inform them that their existing sim will be deactivated, meaning their line of service will be non-working until you give them that new 3G sim card. so basically all u have to do is give those lines that u upgraded the new 3G sims and pop your old sim into the iphone and it'll be all good.

see when you are getting a 3G device, you MUST have a 3G sim in order for the computer to upgrade/activate the line. in no way does it matter whether uhave a 3g sim or not in a 3g device, it will work--its just something that must be done in order for the computer to process the upgrade. i do this all thetime for customers.
Originally Posted by Lootpac

I've read through the last few pages and I'll try and answer some questions and clear some stuff up.

-$36 activation

Since people are going to have to activate the phone in store, expect the lines the first weekend to be LONG and SLOW. I'd recomend that you wait at least until the weekend unless you like lines. If you have specific questions, post them here and I'll try and answer.
Also to add to that, if you are not eligible to upgrade, you get the $399/499 pricing. then $599/699 pricing for no contract.

They need to get out of here with the prices they got for the plans...why should someone have to fork out 20 dollars for unlimited texting on top of 69-89dollars for calls..there pushing it

Originally Posted by Lootpac

-$36 activation
Since people are going to have to activate the phone in store, expect the lines the first weekend to be LONG and SLOW. I'd recomend that you wait at least
until the weekend unless you like lines. If you have specific questions, post them here and I'll try and answer.

So let me get this straight... I have an iPhone now, so I am eligible for the upgrade price... correct?

Yes, you should be eligible for the cheaper upgrade price.

If my brother has an iPhone, thus being eligible for the upgrade price, and he buys the iPhone, would I be able to use the phone with my number?

If my brother has an iPhone, thus being eligible for the upgrade price, and he buys the iPhone, would I be able to use the phone with my number?
What I'm assuming you're asking is if he buys the phone and you insert your sim will it work? The answer is no. However there is aworkaround that I've read about.
1. If you "borrow" his phone sometime before friday and plug it into itunes and change your plan to an iphone plan then go get the new one, youshould be good to go. Maybe. Because at the Apple store or AT&T store they're going to enter your info into the computer to make sure you'reeligible for the upgrade. But my guess is that the computer will see your info as being an iphone plan, and you should be all good. However this might notwork, but its your only option at getting the 199 price.

I hella wanted to get the iphone but its just too damn expensive. I get 900 minutes for $44 (FAN discount), im not gonna downgrade my minutes and pay $10 morefor 450 minutes smh. Im good

ok, so i have a bit of a dilemma w/ getting the new iphone. i have a few questions i need answered before i upgrade.

1) my sister and i both want the 3g iphone. i am a current iphone user and she's eligible for an upgrade, the only thing is that we're on differentaccounts but we want to take advantage of the family talk texting plan. so my question is, if we transfer my sister's account over to mine and have her asan added line, will she still have her upgrade or will her account be treated as a new line?

2) will the family talk texting even apply to my situation? i only ask because i know iphone family talk plans are 39.99 for each additional iphone line butfor reg. family talk additional lines are only 9.99. i'm a current iphone user under my dad's account so i pay 9.99+w/e my data fee is. will i be ableto do the same w/ the 3g iphone and still take advantage of the family talk texting?

basically the answers to those two questions will determine whether or not i will be able/willing to upgrade to the 3g iphone. i really want to but if the planis going to cost $50 just for data and unlimited text i'm good off that. seems as if at&t is really sticking it to the customers this time around sinceso many were unlocked on the first gen iphone. seems kind of unfair but i guess we'll have to live w/ it. i really wish i could just transfer my plan nowto the new phone but w/ the way they're setting up the plans this time i'm so lost. and here i thought apple was aiming for a simple experience w/signing up. they're being strong handed by at&t to make sure customers stay w/ at&t and that at&t can get top dollar out of the plans.something i don't necessarily agree w/ but i really do want this phone. damn you steve jobs!!!!

blah!

Originally Posted by Qualmes

They need to get out of here with the prices they got for the plans...why should someone have to fork out 20 dollars for unlimited texting on top of 69-89 dollars for calls..there pushing it

you kidding me? why do you think the phones are so cheap. they're going to make that money back and then some...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the family plan I'm in is under my moms name but currently own an iPhone. Do I have to bring my moms identification to cop? Or even worse bring her withme? And does anybody knowiftheyll check to see if my iPhone is jailbroken or not?

what are some good 3rd party application to install on the iphone? i have , iscore,theme bulider, mxtube, customize,nes

^ i got umm mobile chat , my battery, swirleymms, theme builder, video recorder, parkinglot, lights off, tetris, and sketches

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

the family plan I'm in is under my moms name but currently own an iPhone. Do I have to bring my moms identification to cop? Or even worse bring her with me? And does anybody knowiftheyll check to see if my iPhone is jailbroken or not?

If you are not an authorized user then yeah she will have to be there with you have her make you an authorized user and you can do pretty much whatever youwant

I'm not 100% sure... but I don't believe ANYONE with an iPhone is eligible for upgrade UNLESS you bought your iphone outright, and didn't extendyour contract.

Because from what I was told by AT&T, you've had to have been in your contract for I think 18 months to be eligible for upgrade, and it'simpossible anyone with an iPhone has had their iPhone that long.

Do the Apple stores or AT&T stores still sell the old iPhones or have they gotten rid of those already to make way for the 3G iPhones? I don't like anyof those prices and am wondering if I can still get the old one at one of the stores.

Originally Posted by doyung9

I'm not 100% sure... but I don't believe ANYONE with an iPhone is eligible for upgrade UNLESS you bought your iphone outright, and didn't extend your contract.

Because from what I was told by AT&T, you've had to have been in your contract for I think 18 months to be eligible for upgrade, and it's impossible anyone with an iPhone has had their iPhone that long.

Iphone customers are eligble for an upgrade because they didn't purchase a subsidized phone. So if you got an iphone this thursday, you're eligblefor upgrade.

Originally Posted by kicks24

forgot all about this i created a new post mods can delete the one i created i recently got a iphone unlocked it for t-mobile and was wondering if i dont have a internet plan. will t-mobile charge me for using wifi?

T-mobile will not charge you for using wifi. Wifi is free. Why do you think theres wifi on PSP and IPod touch. There's no way they can charge you forit. I dont even think they can trace it unless your using T-Mobile's wifi. The only time wifi will wont be free is if your trying to use wifi taht chargesyou. like at public places. A lot of public places have wifi, but if you try to use their wifi, you get taken directly to their wifi homepage and have to setup an account and pay to use their wifi

Back
Top Bottom