Internet Speed Test Vol. 2013

To you cats pushing 40+ down, are you on wired connections or WiFi?

Please respond.

I'm on a wired in the bedroom PC , but my laptop on wireless is pushing close to the same speed. 60.27 Mb/s dwn 18.22 Mb/s up

Seems low, what can I do to make it faster

View media item 282079
I think it all just depends on your location, because this is my uncles speed & he lives about 14 miles from me in the county (we all have fios though)
View media item 282094

lower ping is better i'm assuming?  Anything that can be done on my actual pc to increase speeds?

To you cats pushing 40+ down, are you on wired connections or WiFi?

Please respond.

It shouldn't make any difference - your wifi should transmit at about 54mb so unless your bumping that then it's not where the lag is. If your connection is faster then you can't get faster wireless equipment too.

35mb/35mb on my work WiFi.

Seems like it should be fast, but YouTube and streaming sites load kinda slow.

Anyone know the deal?

My boy told me the same thing about 6months ago. That the internet was consistent now. I remember the internet would just stop working for hours at a time. Just crawling dialup speeds. I don't even have tv, so I don't care about that.
I may switch to Charter. How much are you paying, if you don't mind me asking? And do you have the 30 or 100mbps?

I got the 30mbps plan, thing is i'm averaging above 30 on every test i do. Sometimes i'm pushing 50+ other times in the 30s, etc. It's never been lower than 30 though. Paying $30 a month, got home phone hooked up as well so it's $50 a month for both. Was paying close to $70 with u-verse for both phone and internet. They raised the price up though to $48 just for internet and another $40 for phone. I said **** that and made the switch. I'm sure i could have called them and got the rate lowered but i figured with cable offering much higher speeds at a lower price why wouldn't i make the switch.

Home now. Slightly surprised by this too - I've got an "up to" 30mb package and there excuse is always that it depends on volume of use - so from 6-10pm it's a lot slower usually. Not bad just now though.

View media item 282764

Last edited:
Yup. I got the 150/50 triple play with all premium channels for $120 before taxes.
How did u get that deal
nerd.gif
, i have the extreme package with two hd set tops and dvr. No prem channels plus digital phone service and im paying 170.12 out the door. my internet package is 50/20 i got the upgrade free for 2 yrs when i switch to digital phone service

damn, i got comcast and im getting 20-25 but what im paying it says im supposed to be getting 50...

i dont even know what to say or do, is this normal?

damn, i got comcast and im getting 20-25 but what im paying it says im supposed to be getting 50...

i dont even know what to say or do, is this normal?
When verizon gave me the upgrade i was still getting my old upload speed, i called them up and they sent me a new modem and that solved the problem

Maybe thats whats going on with your speeds also

Back
Top Bottom