Information Technology (IT)

Welp...

After 4 rounds of interview and doing the last round today for 3 hours...

I officially got the job offer :pimp:

This was for an entry unified communications dealing with Cisco voip.

officially OUT of the help desk. cant wait to put in my 2 weeks.

the funniest thing was a facebook recruiter just reached out to me last night for a desktop support role on their new campus LOL.

Last edited:
Welp...

This was for an entry unified communications dealing with Cisco products.

the funniest thing was a facebook recruiter just reached out to me last night for a desktop support role on their new campus LOL.
Dope! Stay hungry even after this position.

4 rounds of interviewing just seems absurd to me. Congratulations though. Can’t wait until I’m out of help desk.

My interview was almost 6 hours long that’s not including the lunch break and the next day with the CTO. :lol:

Depending on the role and the culture- you’re going to be subject to this.

My interview was almost 6 hours long that’s not including the lunch break and the next day with the CTO. :lol:

Depending on the role and the culture- you’re going to be subject to this.
I know. Especially the higher / the more serious the role I assume you’ll have to go through this. It’s just wild. Like look at my resume, ask me some questions and let’s keep it pushin :lol:

Welp...

This was for an entry unified communications dealing with Cisco products.

Dope man… Got me hyped.

Hopefully in a few months ill be in here. Saying I just landed a Cloud job With this GCP I'm learning.

Man those long hour interviews are crazy. A few years ago I had 4 interviews with this one company different days for multiple hours. They did offer me the position but I turned it down for the company Im at now.

Recently just moved into Sr. Data Analyst role didnt have to interview. They had the position posted I said I was interested they said bet, gave me the job & more money. **** is stressful though.

Let me ask you guys, currently my CVE is about two pages. It doesn't completely encapsulate everything. I'm wary on expanding to three pages. I've heard that's a faux paux. Thoughts?

Let me ask you guys, currently my CVE is about two pages. It doesn't completely encapsulate everything. I'm wary on expanding to three pages. I've heard that's a faux paux. Thoughts?
You change jobs every 6 months, either 60 yrs old, or using sz 16 font. :lol:

But it sounds like you you may be writing too much in detail? I don’t think it should be 3 pages long.

You change jobs every 6 months, either 60 yrs old, or using sz 16 font. :lol:

But it sounds like you you may be writing too much in detail? I don’t think it should be 3 pages long.
I scoped it down to the last 10 years. Unfortunately, as a military man, I changed jobs every few years. But I'll take your recommendation of keeping it only two pages.

Just got my Sec+ over the weekend. This is my first cert.
Thinking about going back for the Net+. I’m still debating going the analyst or pentest route.
Congrats man! I still need to get mine but keep procrastinating on studying.

Let us know if you need net + material if you do decide to take it

Congrats man! I still need to get mine but keep procrastinating on studying.

Let us know if you need net + material if you do decide to take it
Thank you. I will take whatever y’all got for Net+. I’m 100% doing that.

I’ll probably take a break for a week before I start back studying.

Lately been running into jobs "fake" advertising that they are remote :smh:
It was one of those light interviews with a recruiter luckily or I woulda been heated :lol:. Remote listed all up and down the announcement. I get to the end and she's like this is an on site position.

Word. Two different beasts and imo not even really comparable. If you're serious about Networking and stuff then CCNA is the way to go. If you're looking to add another cert or one of the two are required for work then do the Net+.
This is exactly what I did. Skipped Net+ and went with CCNA. I work DoD so CCNA would be the better choice for me but what you said about is absolutely correct.

Back
Top Bottom