INFO ON THESE VII's

After buying the recent Sole collector magazine Ive noticed the black and true red Jordan VII for the first time. Ive yet to see these in the showcase forumnor really even hear about them in conversation. Can anyone shed light on it availability in 1992 and why I haven't heard so much about them as I did aboutHares, Cardinals and other 1992 originals...

side07-04.gif

P.S I don't seem to see any purple but because they look so similar in colorway are the raptors retro'd after them????

the purple is on the heel tab and between the black of the sole and red on the side

the so-called "raptors" are the retro version of those, they just took out that faded black/greyish look from the original.

Okay well that answers some questions but in the sole collector issue it looks as if there is no purple in the OG...

and why isnt it labeled that there is purple in the colorway on the box????

I feel like this is 21 questions but the VIIs shown in this picure????? INFO

Another reason to hate the term "Raptors"....

However, since it's obvious you're either pretty new to the shoe world or too young to remember the original black/red VII's, I'll try and shedsome light....

The black/red VII's you're referring to came out in 1992. They released right around the time the Bulls were defending their Championship in the92' playoffs. They did have purple in them, and yes, the retros that you call "Raptors" (I friggin HATE that name with a passion by the way!)are based off of the original 1992 shoe. The reason why they look a lil different is because the purple used on the retro's is a little bit brighter thanthat used on the OG version. (One of the subtle difference between the OG's and Retros.) The reason why theres no purple color description labled on thebox is up for argument. It's probably because it's not considered a primary color on the shoe. Yellow is also used on the shoe and not labled on thebox as well.

I'm quite honestly surprised you haven't heard or seen much about these considering EVERY 1992 MJ playoff highlight, he's rocking these. Or maybeit's because the "Raptors" as you refer the OG's as, didn't even exist back in 1992!

Also the black/red VII's shown in the picture are the same shoe believe it or not...They're just a kids size.

9192FinalsDish.jpg

9192FinalsDriveDrexlerTongue.jpg

Quote:
the retros that you call "Raptors" (I friggin HATE that name with a passion by the way).

I hate all nicknames also, the worst term is the 1 everyone uses for black and red.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by HareJordanTwentyThree

Quote:
the retros that you call "Raptors" (I friggin HATE that name with a passion by the way).

I hate all nicknames also, the worst term is the 1 everyone uses for black and red.
sick.gif

Are you talking about "BRED"
roll.gif
roll.gif

I got a pair of the retros. This shoe doesn't seem to really get a lot of love.

cause the shoe has purple and red (match the raptor jersey at that time of it's retro release) this shoe got that foolish nickname"raptor".......

purple isnt on the retro box tag either IIRC. Similarly, the multicolors on the Hare's tongue are not listed out individually. Who knows why for sure, Iguess some colors that are not a main focus of the shoe can be ignored on the box tag.

Nike threw me a curve that year. I bought the bordeauxs thinking that was the black colorway for the year.(pre-internet days,gotta love it)
Then these dropped. I think they came out in April or May of 92. They were very popular around my way. Hares and Bordeauxs seem to get
most the love when it comes to the VIIs. Id say these were much less under the radar then them popularity wise.

Originally Posted by jumpman623

Nike threw me a curve that year. I bought the bordeauxs thinking that was the black colorway for the year.(pre-internet days,gotta love it)
Then these dropped. I think they came out in April or May of 92. They were very popular around my way. Hares and Bordeauxs seem to get
most the love when it comes to the VIIs. Id say these were much less under the radar then them popularity wise.

That's funny you mention this. I too thought that the Bordeauxs were the black based colorway for that year as well. In previous years, MJ would wearthe black color in the All Star Game and Playoffs so I figured that was the pattern he was sticking with....Then all of a sudden Game 1 against the Miami Heat,he broke out something nobody had ever seen before!

Originally Posted by ijapino

Originally Posted by jumpman623

That's funny you mention this. I too thought that the Bordeauxs were the black based colorway for that year as well. In previous years, MJ would wear the black color in the All Star Game and Playoffs so I figured that was the pattern he was sticking with....Then all of a sudden Game 1 against the Miami Heat, he broke out something nobody had ever seen before!
you know what i did the same thing, i got the bordeauxs in feb. 92 thinking they were going to be the playoff shoes but, then in april
they came out with the black/true red for the playoffs so i got them too thinking that was it til next season which really messed me up because then theolympics came out that summer and i couldn't get a pair of them because i just got the other two back to back and i really wanted a pair of those

Back
Top Bottom