INDIE Music Thread

After giving the new Arctic Monkeys' new album a few spins, it's now in my top 5 of the year

I am loving the album. I can listen to the whole album through. "Do I Wanna Know" sets off album perfectly.

What they did with "I wanna be yours".... :wow: :x I'm loving that track. I would embed, but I don't know how.

Avett Bros. Love these guys

Man, they've become kind of a corny we-do-it-all-for-the-fans pandering mess in my opinion. Their last two albums, I and Love and You and The Carpenter were embarrassingly bad. That live albums is ridiculously cheesy. No alt-country band needs a hype man repeating everything said. I'd take "Pretty Girl at The Airport" and "The Weight of Lies" over anything else they have done any day. Those songs are beautiful. Their new output....not so much.

Beats Antique!!
It's kind of scary how we listen to the exact same music
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Forsh mah dood!! I do appreciate everyone in this thread constantly sharing GREAT music.

Chromeo. Every song of theirs is great, love the funk they put into all their songs.

Two of my Favorite electronic group coming together to make a song of pure beauty. I seriously want this song played at my wedding and funeral. The saxophone from 2:30 - 3:15 is god like.

smokin.gif

for those of you that have heard the new album..

what do you think about it?

i personally love the whole new psychedelic wave these guys are on.

laugh.gif
Forsh mah dood!! I do appreciate everyone in this thread constantly sharing GREAT music.

Chromeo. Every song of theirs is great, love the funk they put into all their songs.

Two of my Favorite electronic group coming together to make a song of pure beauty. I seriously want this song played at my wedding and funeral. The saxophone from 2:30 - 3:15 is god like.

WHAAAAT.... Big Gigantic and STS9 on the same song? That song is ill! First time hearing it, somehow. PROPSSSS. Big G is so damn soulful.

I love Chromeo. I've seem them live a couple times. Crazy how Dave 1 is A-Trak's big brother.

Another one of my favorite collabos is Grizmatik (Griz and Gramatik). This track right here though... this is love. BIG GRiZMATiK!!! Griz, Gramatik and Big Gigantic!

WHAAAAT.... Big Gigantic and STS9 on the same song? That song is ill! First time hearing it, somehow. PROPSSSS. Big G is so damn soulful.

I love Chromeo. I've seem them live a couple times. Crazy how Dave 1 is A-Trak's big brother.

Another one of my favorite collabos is Grizmatik (Griz and Gramatik). This track right here though... this is love. BIG GRiZMATiK!!! Griz, Gramatik and Big Gigantic!
Yeah man I was at summercamp this year and Griz was there but I didnt get a chance to see him. 

First Aid Kit plays some great tunes I really love these ladies. Its kind of country indie. I find that girls love these jams when I play them. 

More Blood Diamonds!! All I have been playing this summer. I have been really into dreamy sounds and island vibes and dude does both. Hope he is good live.

:smokin

I felt the second half of the album eclipsed the first half. I was dragging through the first half until "A Good Sadness" hit and the album just completely picked up for me. I gotta give it another listen though.

:smokin

I think it's great. Loved both of their previous albums. Glad they didn't force the pop side of their music, just to reproduce a song like Kids.

On another note, I think this is easily top 10 for this year on my list. Julia Holter's Loud City Song, amazing album. Can't wait to see her live soon!

Back
Top Bottom