INDIE Music Thread

That's unfortunate for Blood Orange. Hopefully he's back on his feet soon.

More unfortunate news, The Child of Lov passed away a few days ago due to complications from surgery. His debut album had released this year and managed to create a solid fan base in a very short amount of time. Unfortunately I still haven't heard the whole album myself yet but here's one of the tracks that caught my ear:

Waterstrider – Twice

A Berkley, CA based band doing a nice cover of Little Dragon...

Happy holidays, Merry Christmas, & happy new year everyone.

my bloody valentine - only tomorrow

Haven't posted in this thread as much as I should...

This hit my iPhone while in shuffle mode today... Ended up listening to several songs off the album. What a treasure this release was this year.

What were a few of yalls favorite albums?

Mine have been

Danny Brown-Old
Foals-Holy Fire
The Knife-Shaking the Habitual
ASAP FERG-Trap Lord

Last edited:
Here are some of my favorite releases from this year in no particular order off the top of my head. I know I'm missing about 5-6 or so & Imma kick myself for not listing them....

Vampire Weekend, Modern Vampires of the City
My Bloody Valentie, mbv
Arcade Fire, Reflektor
Kurt Vile, Wakin on a Pretty Daze
James Blake, Overgrown
Blood Orange, Cupid Deluxe
Quadron, Avalanche
The Internet, Feel Good
Phoenix, Bankrupt!
Nine Inch Nails, Hesitation Marks
MIA, Matangi
Washed Out, Paracosm
Thunder Cat, Apocalypse
Jim James, Regions of Light and Sound of God
Chelsea Light Moving, self titled

One of my favorite songs of the year, Jaar getting his Tom Waits on 
pimp.gif

I've seen Beck live a couple of times over the years & he's done this Lennon cover. Lennon recorded the track as a piano driven song but Beck's always done it with an acoustic guitar. He's finally recorded the cover & it turned out nice. Looking forward to his upcoming release.

Chromeo - Come Alive (ft Toro Y Moi)

Happy new year. Hope everyone had a nice holiday. Here's to a great 2014 (even though it's cold as ish here in MD).

Just finally downloaded CHVRCHS album....wasn't feeling it on the first listen because a lot of the songs sounded the same to me....but i keep coming back to it....the i realized i love it :lol:
Downloaded HAIM as well...another GREAT album
Sky Ferreira's album impressed me as well.
Downloaded Savages album after seeing they ranked high on the Pitchfork album of the year charts....Refreshing album as well "she will" :smokin
I have so much more to get to...but i am really feeling that broken bells song that is out now....can't wait for that album.

on the list: Arcade fire - reflektor...yes still haven't heard it
Blood orange
Want to hear the new st. vincent when that drops.

Last edited:
perfect *****'s EP is very good, i didn't even mind paying the 5 bucks for it..

can't wait to see what they got in store for us this year.

Chvrches - Tightrope (Janelle Monae cover)

This was a really good cover... I never really paid attention to Chvrches but I really like the guitar work by that dude... I will have to check their stuff out. His playing reminded me a cross of the The Cure & The Police's Andy Summers.

I've been really diggin' the Misterwives "Reflections" EP

Here's the title track from the EP:

It's also the iTunes single of the week, so you can download it for free if you like it!
Props to all the good music in this thread!

Back
Top Bottom