In your opinion...who is the most COMPLETE back in the NFL?

3 criteria...

1. Running the rock (duh)
2. Catching the ball out of the backfield
3. Pass protection....don't sleep on this aspect.

*4. KLJ, get outta here w. that Ahmad Bradshaw BS....

There are guys in the NFL who are sick RB's, but couldn't catch cold....on the flip, you got guys who have great hands, but have no vision to runbetween the tackles....last, the pass protection....is ______ a liability to your team's QB when not carrying the ball...

that being said...who u got?

Steven Jackson
Matt Forte
Portis
DeAngelo Williams
AD
Frank Gore
Marion Barber
Thomas Jones
Chris Johnson
etc etc.....

there are a lotta guys that satisfy the first two criteria very well .. LT, gore, westbrook come to mind right away.

the third aspect though is kind of a tough one, portis and westbrook are definitely the stand outs.

if i could pick a non-active player marshall faulk would top that list for me

This thread is gonna cause issues........

For me

LT was the man, don't know about now.....
Portis
Barber ever learns to stay inside and not dart outside too much, it may be him
S-Jax is great with the first two, not much on the blocking yet
Fred Taylor?????
Tom Jones up there......

I'll go wtih these guys

micheal turner been doing his thing this year ..

but i biased so leon washington
laugh.gif

CJ, he has the speed and he can pound the ball inside the tackles. I woluld say LT but he is beginning his downward slope.

Gotta go with Portis. Good runner, pass blocker, receiver, patient, powerful, good speed, good handle of the rock. I think he does everything in combinationthe best in the league RIGHT NOW.

Adrian Peterson.

Don't understand why he isn't used more catching the ball outta the backfield in Minnesota...

Portis
Barber

and Gore on the basis that his team can be completely uneffective in the passing game, but he will still manage to have a decent game while the defense knowsit coming

It has to be between AD and Portis (you have to give a lot of credit to their team's O-line too), and you also have to understand that a lot of good'backs don't have the blocking they need which is hampering their skills which is I think a great 'back like LT isn't producing.

Originally Posted by truthmain

This thread is a veiled attempt for the OP to see people put Portis.
laugh.gif

It's true though. Generally Miami produces great all-around backs. Thanks to Don Soldinger....he coached Portis, Gore, McGahee, Edge, etc...and they'reall good all-around backs.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Brian Westbrook and it isn't even close.
[h3][/h3]
Re: In your opinion...who is the most COMPLETE back in the NFL?
??????

Back
Top Bottom