in the process of getting a car few questions

im looking to buy a used car and  i think i have narrowed it down to these 3 cars  anyone own one of these cars im leaning towards the cc R line but dont know anyone that owns. any positive or negative info would be helpful. it will be CPO if it means anything.
c300

VW CC 

328i

i have a black 2010 328i i love it...
-Gas guzzler
-Free maintenance until 50k
-smoothest ride ever
-Looks really clean with stock everything

I would recommend it only if you made pretty decent money to cover insurance costs and gas costs.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

expect many visits to the shop with all 3 cars

whats the issue with the 328i i want a older model one......
im not saying its a great car. i have always told my self i will get a early model bmw m3. i love BMW's but they are known to have problems especially around the 80,000 mile mark and parts are never cheap because they come from germany.

Get the VW. Your paying for the names if you get the BMW OR MB.. I love my CC, a head turner and imo the interior is way nicer..

expect many visits to the shop with all 3 cars

im not saying its a great car. i have always told my self i will get a early model bmw m3. i love BMW's but they are known to have problems especially around the 80,000 mile mark and parts are never cheap because they come from germany.
If OP is getting it CPO like he said, the car will be warrantied for 100k miles. And the 328i is a pretty reliable car, it's no honda but compared to other BMW's and German cars it's much easier and cheaper to maintain.

Originally Posted by DieselG5

If OP is getting it CPO like he said, the car will be warrantied for 100k miles. And the 328i is a pretty reliable car, it's no honda but compared to other BMW's and German cars it's much easier and cheaper to maintain.

That doesn't make sense.  Why would the dealer warranty a USED CAR for that many miles - much more than the manufactuers warranty? 

BMWs and German cars are expensive to maintaing and upkeep.  Reliability has always been an issue.  Now the VW is another story.  I'd pick the VW simply because of relativity, but as a whole, I'd stick w/ imports.  

Originally Posted by kicks24

im looking to buy a used car and  i think i have narrowed it down to these 3 cars  anyone own one of these cars im leaning towards the cc R line but dont know anyone that owns. any positive or negative info would be helpful. it will be CPO if it means anything.
c300

VW CC 

328i
It really depends on what you're looking for. The 328 & C300 is more about prestige b/c like someone said before, you're paying for the name. That's not to say you shouldn't get it though, if you have the money and want to drive a mercedes or bimmer you should. I would say the VW is more reliable and I believe they have better warranty offers

Best way to get a BMW is to buy new and get rid of it before the warranty runs out. The maintenance on those things is ridiculous once you have to pay out of pocket.
The CC does look nice, but I've heard the reliability isn't all that great either.
Can't speak on the Benz.
I'd go with the CC I guess.

If it's all going for the same price and since it'll be CPO, I'd go with the 328i.

Screw the "paying for the name" s***. OP said they are all used with CPO and if the price difference is merely $1k-$2k, why not go for the BMW or Benz? Why settle for the VW? Power is the same and CC is only slightly bigger than the other two.

Originally Posted by RFX45

If it's all going for the same price and since it'll be CPO, I'd go with the 328i.

Screw the "paying for the name" s***. OP said they are all used with CPO and if the price difference is merely $1k-$2k, why not go for the BMW or Benz? Why settle for the VW? Power is the same and CC is only slightly bigger than the other two.
Maybe cause the CC looks better, if OP keeps it stock. Something about that generation 3 series i don't like. Only model that i find appealing is the M3 and even then i think the E46 M3 is a lot nicer than the E92.

C300 from what ive read is very reliable.

German cars are different than what they were before, take care of it with basic maintenance and it will last you a long time.

Saying that, I would try to go for the C300. Decent power, very luxurious and looks amazing still. 328i, eh I would rather save and get a 335. Cant say much for the CC, but ive seen a few and they look really nice. Interior isnt too shabby either.

I find it funny u put a WV in there in place of an Audi..
laugh.gif

just some eye candy ..

The CC is nice. I thought about buying on of those myself. My brother had an 2005 passat and that thing ran forever.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Originally Posted by DieselG5

That doesn't make sense.  Why would the dealer warranty a USED CAR for that many miles - much more than the manufactuers warranty? 

BMWs and German cars are expensive to maintaing and upkeep.  Reliability has always been an issue.  Now the VW is another story.  I'd pick the VW simply because of relativity, but as a whole, I'd stick w/ imports.  

They do do that though. Like with Porsches, if it's certified, they give you an extra 2 years or up to 100k miles, whichever comes first. So say you buy a 2011 911 and it's CPO'dm you actually get 6 years & 100k miles warranty. 
They do it sell cars, they pretty much add the cost of the CPO to the carsa price anyways. Again, a Porsche example. If I want to buy a used 911, it cost the dealer $2500-$3000 to certify the car but if I don't want/need it certified, then I can get it minus the certification price.

Buying used BMWs with over 20k miles isn't a good idea. As others have said they are great cars however around that 70-80k mile mark things start breaking down and something that would cost a Honda $200 to replace is going to cost you $1500 with a beamer (or other foreign luxury vehicles).   Add in labor costs and after a couple years of depreciation you'll be paying 1/4 or more of your car's value just to keep it running.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Buying used BMWs with over 20k miles isn't a good idea. As others have said they are great cars however around that 70-80k mile mark things start breaking down and something that would cost a Honda $200 to replace is going to cost you $1500 with a beamer (or other foreign luxury vehicles).   Add in labor costs and after a couple years of depreciation you'll be paying 1/4 or more of your car's value just to keep it running.

CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED ....meaning.... IT HAS A WARRANTY....meaning NOTHING IS COMING OUT OF THE OWNERS POCKET

My Lex is covered until it hits 125k miles
pimp.gif
....it feels great
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED ....meaning.... IT HAS A WARRANTY....meaning NOTHING IS COMING OUT OF THE OWNERS POCKET

pimp.gif
....it feels great
laugh.gif
or 3 years..
100k / 3yrs...

i got til 2013 july....
frown.gif

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

pimp.gif
....it feels great
laugh.gif

Exactly.  100K or 2 years? UGGH, obviously the 2 years will elapse a lot quicker.  More so, you have to understand WHAT THE WARRANTY is for.  Read between the lines as most warranties do not cover 'maintenence' let alone break downs.

Do you really think your oil leaks and seals will be replaced or fixed? I doubt it.

If that's the case, I might as well buy someone's traded in vehicle and drive it for life, as it has 100K warranty. LOLZ  

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

100K or 2 years? UGGH, obviously the 2 years will elapse a lot quicker.  
Really depends on the used cars mileage. If the used car has 50k-70k miles and you drive a lot, then it could reach 100k before that 2 year mark.

Back
Top Bottom