In the Market for a New Laptop

I've had my laptop for over 4 years (Sony Vaio) & I'd recommend their products. The only thing that's crapped out on me is the battery.

Meanwhile, I'm considering an ultrabook because this thing is heavy AF. And while I do recommend Sony, I have my eye on Samsung Ativ 9 Plus. Seems like they're trying to create their own ecosystem (or already have), integrating functions between laptop/phone/tablet/TV which is awesome.

honestly im not too keen on windows 8 either OP. those tiles bug me. when i found out the desktop mode was just like windows 7 tho i softened up a bit. but there should be a perma-desktop mode on all windows 8 tablets and laptops and computers. HOWEVER. finding a non-windows 8 computer would be like finding a new mac with OS 9. it just doesnt exist anymore.

I just dont understand the Windows 8 hate? I have been using Windows 8 since the open beta day 1 and it has blown 7 out of the water in look and function. Runs alot better, faster and nice looking os. There are some annoyances like image and video viewer but that's fixed in half a minute and done

I just dont understand the Windows 8 hate? I have been using Windows 8 since the open beta day 1 and it has blown 7 out of the water in look and function. Runs alot better, faster and nice looking os. There are some annoyances like image and video viewer but that's fixed in half a minute and done
who honestly likes those tiles they forced on everyone? they put it on their phones...and their phones went straight to life support. so they forced it on everyones computer?

who honestly likes those tiles they forced on everyone? they put it on their phones...and their phones went straight to life support. so they forced it on everyones computer?

exact reason why I switched from pc to mac. and windows 7 was good :smh:

I like them. I takes about a minute of sort to get rid of the uninstall tiles and its a great interface. Also Window Phones have been on the increase.

same, u just have to take time to learn it. i really like win 8 a lot.

and OP, take a look at asus, its what i recomend to anyone all the time, check out their ultrabooks, the models that are in your price range are really reliable.
check out their convertables (laptop / tablet) too. theyre not bad at all

I think I'm leaning towards the new Macbook air after all consideration. Perhaps the Macbook pro, but IDK if I need all that.

If you are looking at Windows 8 laptops make sure you get a touch screen one, it makes a big difference. The Lenovo Yogi series are pretty good and nice and light. Pretty good construction, the price is basically macbook money but macbook isnt touch screen.

Back
Top Bottom