In Honor of Black History Month....

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by GTEK

Its funny because Caucasians actually preferred it first.
In that same song as Nas also states

"Created by Southern Black women, to please Massa's guest"

And if we really want to take it back, ancient Caucasians had
a diet consisting of flesh long before America or any of its "racist"
stereotypes were ever founded and implied.
If I had to guest that is why there is the idea that blacks love it so much...It was what "Massa" ate for dinner, something looked at as the most desired delicacy in the eye's of the blacks slaves, which was then adopted into their diet once they became free and had options for their own diet.

laugh.gif
no

Originally Posted by sn00pee

I find this .gif astonishingly relevant to this thread

ANn6k.gif
laugh.gif
i remember posting that gif in some thread yesterday.
for some reason i cant look at this gif without laughing
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

we never get the people rallied when real s_ goes down.
like the fact that in EVERY major city in America, countless black communities are being repackaged and resold to white masses and those said black people are being displaced....

gentrification is good, when the city planners do it correctly, i don't care what quote on quote community activist say 
uhm, NO, it's not.

In that of the people that are being "gentrified" are being displaced...they not fixing the ills, they just pushing them out somewhere else.  Plus, a lot of times these places that are being built are so "cookie cutter" it takes out the personality of what was once there.  Pretty soon all downtowns will look alike (starbucks, condos, gap, panera bread, target, etc)

like the fact that in EVERY major city in America, countless black communities are being repackaged and resold to white masses and those said black people are being displaced....

gentrification is good, when the city planners do it correctly, i don't care what quote on quote community activist say 

They have this at my school (UC Berkeley)
I went to get some dinner today and there was a
"Black History Month" sign and then there was
Mac & Cheese, fried chicken, Yams, Biscuits,
and some other stuff. I'm no complaining cause
all the other food there is nasty but still...

uhm, NO, it's not.

In that of the people that are being "gentrified" are being displaced...they not fixing the ills, they just pushing them out somewhere else.  Plus, a lot of times these places that are being built are so "cookie cutter" it takes out the personality of what was once there.  Pretty soon all downtowns will look alike (starbucks, condos, gap, panera bread, target, etc)
whats wrong with places that hire people that doesn't have college education
eyes.gif
. Your a School teacher right, if my lurk memory is correct? Still what you fail to understand is that "gentrified" neigborhoods erases segregation in heavily populated metropolitan cities. Take my City for example Chicago. the per-posed plan is that the housing project real estate that was torn down , to make middle and high income housing will serve as communities for Families with money and families that live middle and low income, but they have to apply for residency to be considered for spots, in certain houses. This idea will intergrate public schools, so that there is a mixture of races in schools and not, just white schools and black schools, or Spanish schools. Mix races in public schools will help out black people in so many ways its thats positive it's crazy. Then the neighborhood Politicians will be quicker to respond to Education issues instead of ignoring them. Like i said before "Gentrification is good, when city planners do it correctly".
happy.gif

are you telling me you don't see anything racist or offensive about a black child..eating fried chicken, with the quote saying "yo' next range should be a general electric"? Are you serious? 

I'm rarely the person to call racism on stuff because like someone else said we as blacks need to focus on much bigger problems in our community, but this !+$+ right here is blatant.

eyes.gif
.Your a School teacher right, if my lurk memory is correct? Still whatyou fail to understand is that "gentrified" neigborhoods erasessegregation in heavily populated metropolitan cities. Take my City forexample Chicago. the per-posed plan is that the housing project realestate that was torn down , to make middle and high income housing willserve as communities for Families with money and families that livemiddle and low income, but they have to apply for residency to beconsidered for spots, in certain houses. This idea will intergratepublic schools, so that there is a mixture of races in schools and not,just white schools and black schools, or Spanish schools. Mix races inpublic schools will help out black people in so many ways its thatspositive it's crazy. Then the neighborhood Politicians will be quickerto respond to Education issues instead of ignoring them. Like i saidbefore "Gentrification is good, when city planners do it correctly".
happy.gif

I hear you..but lets keep it real though...how often is it really done correctly?  I've lived in the D.C. area most of my life.  All gentrification has done here is push blacks out their neighborhoods into Maryland and VA.  The school system continues to get worse.  Whites who have moved into these neighborhoods do not send their children to the public schools, which is indicated by their being almost no change in the school demographics.  I honestly can't tell you a single way blacks in my area have benefited from this gentrification.

Chitterlings is the ultimate black food and is only associated with blacks but you know why they dont show us with a bowl and a spoon eating chitterlings cause it doesnt look as degrading as a big black man holding a drum stick or watermelon with both hands digging in face first.

THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

are you telling me you don't see anything racist or offensive about a black child..eating fried chicken, with the quote saying "yo' next range should be a general electric"? Are you serious? 

I'm rarely the person to call racism on stuff because like someone else said we as blacks need to focus on much bigger problems in our community, but this !+$+ right here is blatant.

eyes.gif
. Your a School teacher right, if my lurk memory is correct? Still what you fail to understand is that "gentrified" neigborhoods erases segregation in heavily populated metropolitan cities. Take my City for example Chicago. the per-posed plan is that the housing project real estate that was torn down , to make middle and high income housing will serve as communities for Families with money and families that live middle and low income, but they have to apply for residency to be considered for spots, in certain houses. This idea will intergrate public schools, so that there is a mixture of races in schools and not, just white schools and black schools, or Spanish schools. Mix races in public schools will help out black people in so many ways its thats positive it's crazy. Then the neighborhood Politicians will be quicker to respond to Education issues instead of ignoring them. Like i said before "Gentrification is good, when city planners do it correctly".
happy.gif
I hear you..but lets keep it real though...how often is it really done correctly?  I've lived in the D.C. area most of my life.  All gentrification has done here is push blacks out their neighborhoods into Maryland and VA.  The school system continues to get worse.  Whites who have moved into these neighborhoods do not send their children to the public schools, which is indicated by their being almost no change in the school demographics.  I honestly can't tell you a single way blacks in my area have benefited from this gentrification.

you had the time and energy to tell him that...I didn't.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by GTEK

Its funny because Caucasians actually preferred it first.
In that same song as Nas also states

"Created by Southern Black women, to please Massa's guest"

And if we really want to take it back, ancient Caucasians had
a diet consisting of flesh long before America or any of its "racist"
stereotypes were ever founded and implied.
If I had to guest that is why there is the idea that blacks love it so much...It was what "Massa" ate for dinner, something looked at as the most desired delicacy in the eye's of the blacks slaves, which was then adopted into their diet once they became free and had options for their own diet.
GTEK butchered the quote

But I don't think it was necessarily had to do w/ "massa" likin it. If u think about it, the Black women cooked it all the time for him so when Blacks became "free" what's one thing they knew how to make to feed an abundance of ppl, fried chicken. 

Back
Top Bottom