Imagine if your parents took a chance on Apple in the early 80s/early 90s

Originally Posted by Al Audi

thats nothin

there are NTrs on here that went in on GOOG way back an dont even post on this forum anymore.

livin the life i guess.
just curious..how do you know they went in?

You have to think about it this way..Before you were born, or when you were first born, your parents most likely were focused on saving money to start a family and buy a house,etc.. So if they were putting cash in the stock market, they would have probably put a few thousand dollars..That wouldn't be enough to make you rich, unless they got the stocks when they were like $20/share...But if they bought a few thousand worth of stock when they were 80ish a share, you wouldn't be rich..It would be a nice return but not nearly enough to have u on some MTV Cribs steez

You have to think about it this way..Before you were born, or when you were first born, your parents most likely were focused on saving money to start a family and buy a house,etc.. So if they were putting cash in the stock market, they would have probably put a few thousand dollars..That wouldn't be enough to make you rich, unless they got the stocks when they were like $20/share...But if they bought a few thousand worth of stock when they were 80ish a share, you wouldn't be rich..It would be a nice return but not nearly enough to have u on some MTV Cribs steez

Pops had Apple stock in like 1997. He sold it all a few years later

Pops had Apple stock in like 1997. He sold it all a few years later

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by roback1991

I bought apple stock when it was $60 per share.

You jelly?
nah, you probably bought 3 shares

Or less

HANDLED.
laugh.gif

You jelly?

Or less
Originally bought 12, then 5 more when it shot up to around $80. 
EDIT: It's a little unsettling to have so many shares in an electronics company, though. I mean, it's grown exponentially, but you never know when someone else is going to beat Apple out.

LOL QUE? You have 17 shares bruh. This isn't Berkshire Hathaway Class A we are talking about. 
laugh.gif

You jelly?

Or less
EDIT: It's a little unsettling to have so many shares in an electronics company, though. I mean, it's grown exponentially, but you never know when someone else is going to beat Apple out.

LOL QUE? You have 17 shares bruh. This isn't Berkshire Hathaway Class A we are talking about. 
laugh.gif

I would have been happy to get it when it dipped to $150.  No one really saw them getting this high this quick at least from what I heard on CNBC during the past year.  $285 was the projected high.

I would have been happy to get it when it dipped to $150.  No one really saw them getting this high this quick at least from what I heard on CNBC during the past year.  $285 was the projected high.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

You jelly?

Or less

laugh.gif
Not the amount of shares, but the amount of profit. I'm not exactly Warren Buffett (funny joke though), I could use all the money I get. So I don't want to hold on too long and lose it all.

Am I ballin'? Negative. 

Am I happy I bought a couple shares in my teenage years on a whim? Yes.

If I bought more, I wouldn't be at work right now.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

You jelly?

Or less

laugh.gif
Not the amount of shares, but the amount of profit. I'm not exactly Warren Buffett (funny joke though), I could use all the money I get. So I don't want to hold on too long and lose it all.

Am I ballin'? Negative. 

Am I happy I bought a couple shares in my teenage years on a whim? Yes.

If I bought more, I wouldn't be at work right now.

there are NTrs on here that went in on GOOG way back an dont even post on this forum anymore.
i remember there was a thread on here when they went public. i was thinkin "it's a damn search engine lol. i ain't gonna throw away money on that crap". 
30t6p3b.gif

frown.gif

tired.gif

mad.gif

i remember there was a thread on here when they went public. i was thinkin "it's a damn search engine lol. i ain't gonna throw away money on that crap". 
30t6p3b.gif

frown.gif

tired.gif

mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom