Im fighting Saturday in Fredricksburg, VA

If anyone is interested in MMA check out the event. All the information can be found at www.barbarianfightclub.com as far as time, location, ticket prices areconcerned. Im fighting a muay thai champion so its gonna be a tough fight and a definite clash of style. Im pretty sure he KO'ed his last opponent and ITKO'ed mine. This was the end result of my last fight
n18403960_35897424_3962.jpg

What's your record looking like? You str8 went from post to ghost in the forum. Good luck on the fight!!!

Damn Kenny I didn't know you got down like that.

From seeing you around campus you'd never think....

And I didn't know you were tatted up like that either.

Good luck jo..

My-T.

Kenny do you guys fight in Weight divisions? Whats yours? Have you heard of Operation Octagon? If not you should.

Good Luck. Gotta watch out for that muay thai. Heard its Spicy.

Get it? Thai...? Spicy.. Nevermind..lol

-Eddie, im 1-1. I just started MMA after training BJJ for a few years. I lost a decision my first fight and won by TKO in my second. Im looking to finish inthis fight.
-MyT... looks can be decieving.. kinda haha. My ring name is Crybaby and I come out to the Smiths so Im still kind of a %#$@@.
-Rock... Yeah things are run by weight divisions. I fight at Bantamweight (135lbs) I have heard of Operation Octagon, if they have an event around a time thatI want to fight I would apply without a doubt. Run now Ive only fought for Valhalla and Brbarian Fight Club but I got an offer from Battle Fight Club as well.
Reasonably... BJ is still one of the top fighters in the world. No one at 55 can or will touch him. Just didnt perform well against GSP. Bummer

Thanks for all the well wishes guys.
I ended up pulling off a split decision... not quite the finish I was looking for but a win is a win none the less. (29-28, 28-29 and 30-27)
I ate a couple hard shots as expected and outwrestled and controlled him for the three rounds. My nose hurts today and I look kind of funny. My opponent was atremendous competitor with much better takedown defense than I assumed he would have and it was a good fight. Onward for me, probably will be doing it again inApril.

not to be all up in your business but how much do you get paid for a fight ....do they provide insurance? or do you seek all of that by yourself

atleast you didnt lose

Kenny.. Im sort of interested too in that.

Do you have another full time job where they would wonder.. What the hell happened to you?!!! lol My buddy I used to play football with does MMA down inFredricksburg somewhere I think.

He has a govt. job, so he says he gets that all the time too.

Check out Operation Octagon..... they have some stuff brewing for a BIG event coming up in the Spring. If you (or someone from your camp) talk to Art who ownsit, tell him Rock from Wyldestyle told ya about it. He's a real nice dude and things are growing.

Amateur MMA is pretty similar to amateur boxing. You dont get paid until you start fighting pro. They have doctors and medics and stuff to treat you on site ifneed be. Im not sure if the insurance they have covers them as a promotion or the fighters as well though. Most dont get hurt enough to need medical attention,especially at an amateur level. Just little cuts and bruises and stuff usually. I had student insurance so I was fully covered before but now that I graduatedI have to buy some more... I just havent gotten around to it. However, as an amateur certain things are provided to you. When I fought for Valhalla they gaveus little gift bags with shirts and protein bars and shakes and stuff in it, Barbarian Fight Club gives out check cards to reimburse you for your meals or gas,and they always buy you a hotel for the night of weigh ins and the night after the fight. I work freelance so I dont deal with coworkers or bosses worryingabout my appearance at the moment. Id get questioned about it but when I substitute taught in PG though. The kids would always ask me who I was wrecking withand Id tell them I was wrestling alligators or bullfighting or I crashed my hang glider, etc etc. If other teachers or staff asked what happened (black eye ormat burn or something) it was always because they thought it was funny or out of curiosity and I would just tell them it was from boxing. No one ever cared ortold me it was inappropriate.

so where do you train at kenny? im trying to find a place that has experienced trainers that can actually teach me something ...

Back
Top Bottom