Im 22 and im losing my hair FML...

What razor gives you the most close shave? I just use a nacho 3 and it seems like I could get a closer shave

Originally Posted by Coolidge Effect

Originally Posted by wanksta23

starting to look like Lebron...well, not AS bad
laugh.gif

I'm hoping its just the shampoo and conditioner I've been using. (did some research to find out H&S can cause hair loss)

but man, this is really stressing me out, going to make an appt this week and see what the real cause of it....im hoping i can treat it and its not genetic considering my moms side of the men have hardly any hair but my dads side all in their 60+ have a full set of hair still

anyone else experience hair loss at a young age? what are you guys to prevent it? any GOOD shampoos out there you guys are using?

sorry brah, but baldness is genetically related to only your mom. So, if on your mom's family has bald men, then you better go hat shopping.
Can anyone confirm this? Or is it a wives' tale? I'm praying it's true, my dad lost his hair on top and so did my grandpa. The males in my mom's family are straight though so I'm really hoping this is true.

hmmm might go ahead and try this toco-8
im 21 and have noticed some hairloss already
definately feels batman so OP i know what youre going through. you aint alone

pops is bald, but his bros have a decent head of hair
moms is okay, but i dont know much of her side of the fam. sooo yea im screwed. lol

always have had thick full hair, so we'll see what happens...

Hair is overrated, i don't know why dudes freak out when they start to lose their hair. Cut it short and call it a day.

ive been losing my hair since 21 now 23 (24 in april) it only became noticable around june of this year. i used to stress about it, but dont give an eff anymore. just tell my barber to cut it short. my next cut im going to start shaving and work on my beard game. just need to put on some weight, dont want to look like im going through kemo. females really dont notice since im tall, and unless im knealing or bending over and you see the crown of my head. only thing i miss, are the waves. havent brushed my hair since april.

with the research ive done, its been said that you want to look at both parents in turns of hair loss. my moms brothers all have a full head of hair, but on my dads side all bald.

idk, my dad is 72 and has a full head of hair, its peppered but full, now all the men on my moms side are bald-i mean all of them- but i dont think youre supposed to go off of your moms side, its whatever side you favor, everyone tells me my dad spit me out, so im rockin with that haha

i do think everyones hairline goes if youre a guy tho, which is why i dont get lineups nearly as much as i used to, i just cut low

Also only 24 and the hair on the top doesnt grow back as fast as the sides and back..
I shave it off every couple days.. Bald is in
laugh.gif

*FOR THE MENTALLY CHALLENGED*

If baldness occurs on either side of your family, Mother or Father; you have the bald gene in your DNA. When science cracked the Human Genome Project they were able to determine the wives tale of your Mother's side being the determining factor if you would go bald or not is FALSE.

The next person to ask if your Mother's side of the family is a determing factor; I will i.p. trace you, come to your house and personally rip the hair out of your head. Yes I am mad because I have told you ******s this more than twice in this thread and even pasted a myth chart of hair loss.

You guys should try coconut oil. You can pick it up at your local ethnic food stores.

Apply some every night after showering. Lay a towel on your pillow and have a shower in the morning. The stuff doesn't smell too good but it nourishes the hair and its roots.

It won't regrow hair, but for those of you with thinning hair it's a great, safe and natural supplement.

I just got my Cabolki bottle in the hair. Stuff is the real deal. And I am laying here with my head on the couch and it's not making a mess or anything.

I heard many theories about balding, but I remember hearing that if the men on your mother's side of your family are mostly bald, you will also be bald when you are older. Is this true?

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by doosta45

ive been losing my hair since 21 now 23 (24 in april) it only became noticable around june of this year. i used to stress about it, but dont give an eff anymore. just tell my barber to cut it short. my next cut im going to start shaving and work on my beard game. just need to put on some weight, dont want to look like im going through kemo. females really dont notice since im tall, and unless im knealing or bending over and you see the crown of my head. only thing i miss, are the waves. havent brushed my hair since april.

with the research ive done, its been said that you want to look at both parents in turns of hair loss. my moms brothers all have a full head of hair, but on my dads side all bald.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
word..

Sucks for you guys losing your hair so early, My aunt's husband started to lose his hair and he tried to cover it by wearing his Police hat ALL THE TIME.

For me I have some THICK hair but can't grow a full beard to save my life.
My grandpa is getting to 70 and he has a full head of white hair and a sick goatee, so I think i'll be alright in that department. Same goes for my father. I'm Ecuadorian if that matters.

I'm 29, noticed my top getting a little thin, bin using rogaine foam for about 3 months now... Definitely see a difference in fullness and thickness. Only ends up costing about $10 a month. Use 2x a day... Keep it right by the toothbrush so I remember. I'm white, if it matters. Worked well on my type of hair. Don't know if race matters in effectiveness

My dad said that he thinks kids are getting balder earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if its because of all the genetic manipulation that goes on in our food production.

Btw, is it JUST the mother's side that influences the offsprings baldocity? I have a hard time believing that

I've had thin hair since I was about 18, when I was about 20 I shaved my head to a 1, about a now I'm 23 and have been shaving my head full baldy for about a year and a half now. Just gotta accept it, and have facial hair, it helps

yo Rusty! i too am going to blindly follow your advice and get up on some toco 8...

when I go to the promoters site tho and checkout it looks legit enough but no paypal seal or anything about secure trnsactions at the bottom...

where did you order from?

Been shaving my head since I was 22. I'm 24 now. I have a really big beard. Not saying that I wouldn't want a full head of hair if I had the choice, but I never really let it get to me like that. The only thing I dislike about my bald head is how shiny it gets sometimes.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Man as a society, more and more men, younger and younger are starting to recede. Maybe its the food we are eating, maybe i'm just paying attention more, but it certainly seems like there has been a rise in the amount of men balding at a younger age.

THIS
What's crazy is dudes (well..black dudes) back in the 70's and 80's were getting perms, texturizers, and other $!## in they hair and their hairlines were more intact when they hit 30 than the hairlines of people today in their 20's.

I can vouch for Rogaine being legit. I started thinning up top when I was 19 (had the waves spinning at the time...I miss them lol). I did nothing about it for a few years until it started getting really bad. I started Rogaine like 2 years ago and it's done wonders for me. My hair was so thin before you could see my scalp, but now my hair is much thicker and my scalp is dark again. I used Propecia for a while too...it helped a lot but I stopped using it cause of some side effects. I'm going on 27 now and I'm a little thin on top and my hairline on one side is receding a bit, but I can live with that. Oh, and I'm black btw if it matters.

LOL my wife was clowning me saying the front was receeding, then my son goes no mommy its in the back SMH..im 26btw

Back
Top Bottom