Im 21, but I never had one of these when I was younger..how bout you old NTers??

Originally Posted by offbad

motorola_startac_st7860w-75.jpg
Motorola Star Tac with the chip.

Unlimited talking for free.
pimp.gif

I'm 21, never had one. My dad used to get a new like every few months for his job. The last one he had was that talkabout up above. That @*!+ had somelame !#+ game like snake or some @*!+ that I used to play all the time.

LS550_colors.gif

i had that blue one. ahhh memories. in elementary school goin on to junior high school

them 2 way pagers was the JOINT I always had wanted one.

then them nokias was the joint too, i remember always runnin and takin my bro's girl nokia just to play the games on it.

my brother had a pager and my pops too

my pops had two though and one used to be used not so often so i used to "borrow '' it and go to school.

No. I never had a pager. I never understood the use of them when I was younger anyways.

yeah i had that exact same alphanumeric pager when i was in 10th grade

the cold one as that black and yellow motorola alphaumeric sky pager that would sed sports scores and news to your hip.

for those you would call an operator and leave a message, and they would relay it to you....

that was right before credit card companies started requesting 3 digit pins on the back of the card, or the zip code the card was billed to.

if you had a working cc you could pay your bill thru the automated system as long as the card itself was good.

man those were the days of the scam for real.

had this in... 7th grade? talkabout
11-05T900_l.jpg
man when these joints hit the market this was like for real elite status

and I also remember having the Black/White Sidekick 1 with no data plan on it my early HS years. just stunting to stunt. I guess its just the screen actionthat causes all the hype

laugh.gif
some of my friends had them but i never had one...they would getdifferent colored face plates or whatever and hook them up w/ stickers

never saw the need to have one and they really didn't need them either

had to go find a pay phone to call whoever paged you if you were out somewhere, seemed like a real nuisance when you didn't even recognize the numbersomeone was paging you from

couldn't you make it say 911 if it was an emergency?
laugh.gif

My cousin let me have his old piece but I never got it activated. Moms thought I was on something when she found it.

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

had this in... 7th grade? talkabout
11-05T900_l.jpg
man when these joints hit the market this was like for real elite status

and I also remember having the Black/White Sidekick 1 with no data plan on it my early HS years. just stunting to stunt. I guess its just the screen action that causes all the hype
those little Talkabouts were knockoffs of the Timeport, mostly for broads and weenies
roll.gif

elecCommPagersAllMotorola_Timeport_P9351-resized200.jpg

damn i forgot about all these phones/pagers. the Timeport had the worst plan ever....they charged by the character

Yea I had a weak pager, moved to the Talkabout, then to the Virgin Mobile candy bar...all in 8th or 9th I think

I got me a pager in 5th grade because my boys ma made em for her company. So me my boy and my lil bro were all flossin even tho they were inactivated.

i always found it hilarious when junior high kids would carry these things around like they CEOs or something
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom