I'm 18, and I gotta Bentley truck...you will never see me with a empty cup....

I like Flips style, it's basic as ****, but it's clean.

Like a Pimp is a top 10 song of mine

^ egos and who was really the king of the south.

Scarface is my guy but I always thought it was real weak for him to speak like that.

I also thought Flip and TI both had weak diss records.

I thought the same, especially when Scarface said something like Flip ain't from the hood and wasn't real or whatever, yet Scarface was living over in River Oaks while Flip hadn't even moved out of Cloverland yet at the time.

Their diss tracks back and forth were more hype than actual things being said, especially if you go back and listen to them right now. I did like a lot of the T.I. disses from Flip & Z-Ro's Kings of the South, and T.I. dissing Flip on my favorite T.I. song (ASAP).

Last edited:
To keep it 100, Lil Flip was one of the first artist the internet went crazy over. Rap wise

The Leprechaun and Undaground Legend >>> any TI album

yup

Ya'll just typing ____ for shock value now

And I used to rock with Flip

Nope. You could go dig up old TI and Flip threads and I say the same **** in those. I play Undaground Legend and The Leprechaun all the time still. My girl always killing me for playing Lil Flip :lol: I rarely go back and play King or I'm Serious. TI was always cool to me but those first two Flip albums were just so cold to me.

Anyone bought the Sucka Free Undaground Legend remix album? I got that one too. The Sucka Free disc had a few joints I really liked. The remix album was weak.

U Gotta Feel Me was such a damn disappointment. I couldn't believe he followed up Undaground Legend with that pile of ****

I Need Mine was actually cool. Had like 40 songs and I liked about 20.

j585z8.jpg

Last edited:
I have all those too. I actually thought U Gotta Feel Me was pretty good (Bring The Pain and Represent :pimp: :pimp:), but that was when his flow started to change, plus he didn't use the producers that he came up with. Wish him and Will-Lean had do e more tracks together.

Don't forget about Hustlaz Stackin Endz those. That's where it all started. Somebody uploaded it in datpiff. Not sure if the link is broken or not cause I can't tell on mobile.
http://www.datpiff.com/HSE-Hustlaz-Stackin-Endz-mixtape.128108.html

Last edited:
^ yeah, I got that joint. I don't have the physical copy. Never seen it in the store and I don't know if it was re released. It sounded just like The Leprechaun but with more features. Bring the Pain, Game Over, We Ain't Playin and Represent were the only songs I liked. Maybe one more but overall a double disc with only 5-6 good songs is not a good look.

:pimp: this takes me back man, flip was always simple but he had jams.
I always thought the leprechaun outfit diss was weak. Of course the beef didn't help flip but around that time he started changing his style/flow and that didn't help him with his original fans. A friend of mine used to produce for him back in 06/07 and he told me he did some funny things around that time.

I check his instagram when I'm bored and it looks like he's struggling but he still does a lot of shows.

Yeah i ****** with U Gotta Feel Me tough too, bought the regular and C&S version

You could tell his sound and production was starting to change tho

I remember hearing he was pissed at Columbia because of the way they handled/marketed the album but 5 months later **** still ended up going platinum 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Lil Flip > T.I.

Yeah I said it.

Why ya'll Hatas Actin' Maaaaa-aaaad? Why ya'll hate... the way... ya'll do? >>>>

I fw Flip from 99-04 hard. My hood is RIGHT next to his.

but boy you gotta chill out. :lol:

At the time they were both in the spotlight before Flip got black-balled by the industry? Yes...

Flip easy for me and this is coming from someone who copped Trap Muzik as an extra young _____, I know all the females loved them some Clifford and the label exec's force-fed him to us on our TV screen's and he had some nice legit singles but from top to bottom in Flip's prime I'd take his albums over TI's without a doubt.

H-Tine playas can't take a loss
Playin football like Marshall Faulk
Sippin codeine to cure my cough
full time playa just like Big H.A.W.K
Make Em say Ugh like Master P
do the body rock like P-A-T
Swang and bang like E.S.G
G's and Ballers like H.$.E
if I'm chillin with a girl it gotta be a star
if I hold a white cup it gotta be the barre
blue, black, or red don't touch my car
Screwed Up Click is who we are
25 lighters like D.M.D
20 inch rims on GMC's
Space Age Pimpin like MJG
Lt the world know I'm Sucka Free
like Botany Boys I'm Mr. G
living the life of Luxury
F-L-I-P is who I be hittin a switch wit A.P
we millionaires and billionaires
flyin to shows in a rocket
the money you make in a year I got that in my pocket

I remember I heard that verse, searched all the H-Town songs he mentioned and downloaded em all. That verse, got me heavy in Houston rap. :pimp:

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Damn this bring back so many memories :pimp:

Wish the rap down here would be like it used to be smh
The good ole days

You and me both RGS. There's still a lot of good music down here, but there's an equal amount of music here that sounds indistinguishable from other cities. Trying to blend in instead of just simply making good homegrown music.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Houston rap sucks now. To be fair, I think most new rap sucks.

Chamillionaire was putting out solid albums. Flip had his albums. Lil' O - Da Fat Rat Wit Da Cheeze album :x :smokin :x

Lil' O - Back Back

Big T - In the House Tonight

Lil Troy - We Gon' Lean

Chamillionaire was putting out solid albums. Flip had his albums. Lil' O - Da Fat Rat Wit Da Cheeze album :x :smokin :x

Lil' O - Back Back

Lil Troy - We Gon' Lean

don't disrespect my city

mike red jamming screw
edf yep yep yep
tony del freshco change

all heat coming from the h

Can anyone help me find a song....the hook goes "I don't ride I float, 4 15's I tote, straight off the slave boat" that's all I remember. I had the screwed version years ago. I know Flip was on it.

Lil' O - Back Back

Lil Troy - We Gon' Lean

don't disrespect my city

mike red jamming screw
edf yep yep yep
tony del freshco change

all heat coming from the h

Yea I agree with you 100% Peep 
pimp.gif

There's still boys holding it dine but not many

I know this a Flip thread but since we on old school Houston rap I gotta post this classic

Heard this *** a few days ago and was like Damnnnnn.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom