If your not Black.... and for Halloween you dress up as a Gangsta or a Rapper...

for one Halloween I dressed up as a Asian tourist

I had a fanny pack, cargo shorts, camera round my neck, sandals with socks and I was carrying a map the entire time

I'm going to dress up as a hipster. so eh
ohwell.gif

I think you have a weird form of racially insensitive thought in thinking that being a rapper or a gangsta is something that's "owned" or definedby black people

Oh, so now nobody connects those stereotypes to black people ?And the OP is the racist one for assuming people does, when his entire post was based on whatother people's assumptions would be, that could lead to potential misunderstandings, and not necessarily his own. You all are so full of %#$%.

Yo that's corny. Would your homeboy do it alone? Why does it have to be a group thing? If that's the case why not go as Frat boys and carry around beercans and cups making a lot of noise?

Nah he wants to be a gangster and attention @$+%.

No. His post was about his assumptions of other people's assumptions, which would, in essence, make those assumptions his own. You're the one who'sfull of $@#% if you refuse to see that.

^^^DatZNasty's avy says it all, a lot of these responses ARE full of shh and....NO. Don't do it. That shhh is mad offensive....it's bad enough wehave to fight these stereotypes because rappers are generally black and the only "gangsters" that this Eurocentric society constantly portraysnegatively are black. So if I see a white person in black-face, with the stereotypical "rapper/gangsta" outfit...he's losing teeth. Period. Causethe people that do that are usually racist and many times they don't even know it (or claim ignorance).

(and for the record I thought Rob Downey pulled it off brilliantly, but its a MOVIE)

Originally Posted by OWL TROUTWIG

No. His post was about his assumptions of other people's assumptions, which would, in essence, make those assumptions his own. You're the one who's full of $@#% if you refuse to see that.
laugh.gif
at our avatars

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

That doesnt bother, as far as that goes the only thing that bother me is if you dress up in black face.

YO CHANGE YOUR DAMN SIG ALREADY. I'M TIRED OF HAVING TO SCROLL SIDEWAYS JUST CAUSE OF YOU

no it wouldn't be an insult...might be kinda corny...if you've seen Miami's Most Wanted or movies of that nature you get the idea.

I never understand why White kids think its cool or funny to dress like "rappers" or "gangsters", its the corniest thing you can do
and its normally done in poor taste. I am completely against this, I feel like you could be more creative. Also, nobody in the hip hop community
uses bling anymore, once Mtv got a hold of it, its become wack so let that word go.

just dont do blackface, your you'll be getting beatdown...word to this dude at my college who thought he wuz slick last year
laugh.gif

Considering a lot of rappers dress like clowns anyway, I don't see how it's inappropriate.

Back
Top Bottom